Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

lmao one cool trick to keep schools open and humming along during a pandemic

https://gothamist.com/news/nyc-public-schools-will-only-conduct-random-covid-tests-unvaccinated-students-fall

we have less precautions, less control, less protocols... and a more infectious variant. what could go wrong
lol SPS taking notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

seattletimes.com always has a small gallery on their covid page
todays has some good poo poo

lol lying for boosts in usa while this guy gets it on stage

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Tzen posted:

still loling that they won't get jabbed but will poison themselves with horse paste

same.

it has complexly busted free of my empathy. i can tell myself "oh, but these are merely people who are victims of a misinformation campaign run by grifters, and we need to address the root of that not blame the individuals" but I then I think back to the fact that these people are going into feed stores, ignoring the giant "don't loving take this poo poo it isn't for covid!" signs, and eating horse paste or even drinking an intravenous injection solution for cattle and my brain keeps going "loving LMAO"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

same.

it has complexly busted free of my empathy. i can tell myself "oh, but these are merely people who are victims of a misinformation campaign run by grifters, and we need to address the root of that not blame the individuals" but I then I think back to the fact that these people are going into feed stores, ignoring the giant "don't loving take this poo poo it isn't for covid!" signs, and eating horse paste or even drinking an intravenous injection solution for cattle and my brain keeps going "loving LMAO"

The CDC vaccines are "experimental" despite being tested and validated on thousands of people.

Horse paste by contrast is A-Ok since someone at Church told me it would work.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah the horse paste is the funniest poo poo

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
Any recommendations for small N95 masks? I found these and wondered how the fit was.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Assuming we stay at the 1470 deaths we had today, well hit 100k additional in about 68 days or November 2nd. For us that will be a Tuesday

There are 81 days between September 11th and December 1st. If we have daily death totals equal to 9/11 throughout those 81 days, we're looking at 241k dead of Covid-19 during that period.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
pro tier PPE if this can be made air tight and filtered:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Iron Crowned posted:

Assuming we stay at the 1470 deaths we had today, well hit 100k additional in about 68 days or November 2nd. For us that will be a Tuesday

Oh, so my 100k by November prediction is actually still too optimistic!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah the horse paste is the funniest poo poo

Or Aquarium fish drugs last year....

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Shifty Pony posted:

same.

I have limitless empathy for the people they get sick. But the people making GBS threads themselves blind because they took horse paste instead of getting the vaccine? Not a loving shred of it for them.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Iron Crowned posted:

for you, it was the day that 100,000 people had perished from a preventable disease. for bison, it was a tuesday.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurtilik posted:

We'll be at 9/11 a day by October

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow.org

sick, finally got those green holdouts in the west

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow.org

props to the bay area for staying orange this long lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HiHo ChiRho posted:

There are 81 days between September 11th and December 1st. If we have daily death totals equal to 9/11 throughout those 81 days, we're looking at 241k dead of Covid-19 during that period.

:hmmyes:

mod sassinator posted:

That flash of orange in the corner made me think that it was a flamethrower, which would have been more badass.

Zurtilik posted:

Absolutely, it looks like during the first run it only took 48 days from approximately where we are now to the first 3k day

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

mod sassinator posted:

i want one so bad, how much could they possibly cost??

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow.org

every county in idaho should probably be ruby red.

plenty of covid here, not much testing

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow.org
:rip: to those green counties, the west coast has fallen

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mark immune posted:

i want one so bad, how much could they possibly cost??

the killer hornets are not for sale

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

:hmmyes:

That flash of orange in the corner made me think that it was a flamethrower, which would have been more badass.

Absolutely, it looks like during the first run it only took 48 days from approximately where we are now to the first 3k day

True, we may not hit 2977 daily deaths by 9/11, but we're also likely going to surpass that daily total but I'm not modeling poo poo to figure that out

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

people are straight up dying from other poo poo because hospitals are full of covid lol

not just dying. many more are experiencing needless suffering and loss of limb or upstaging of cancer due to poor or no treatment, among other injustices

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
dont florida my california, gavin

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
here I am in the shithole of Arizona wondering why poo poo isn't way worse and cases are leveling off way below what I expected given our track record

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HiHo ChiRho posted:

True, we may not hit 2977 daily deaths by 9/11, but we're also likely going to surpass that daily total but I'm not modeling poo poo to figure that out

:same:

Someone who is good at maths should model this, because I'm bad at maths.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

nexous posted:

here I am in the shithole of Arizona wondering why poo poo isn't way worse and cases are leveling off way below what I expected given our track record

They're not testing as much OP

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

ram dass in hell posted:

lol if u havent started every monday thru saturday with an Open Biden and every Sunday with a Good Morning Sunday Morning in order to achieve maximum nancification of yr brain, like me

No lie I sometimes have "good morning sunday morning" by Nancy Pelosi play in my head like it's a hook to a loving pop song.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in a just world if you have a vaccinated relative who needs an icu bed they should have a lever you can pull that shoots an unvaccinated occupant onto the bottom floor of the parking garage with a little cab fare

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Just got my 3rd moderna shot with little fan fair. Walked, they asked what shot number and for my vax card. Sat down, got jabbed and walked out within 5 minutes. Felt the hell out of the needle this now though

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Dolphin posted:

in a just world if you have a vaccinated relative who needs an icu bed they should have a lever you can pull that shoots an unvaccinated occupant onto the bottom floor of the parking garage with a little cab fare

and a tube of apple horse jelly

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetW6R9Jxs4

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

don't see any purple so i don't think we need to worry yet

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Hey Medical Provider Goons, I had a problem with our sump pump flooding this morning so I had to clean up that nasty water. I managed to fling some of it in my eye. :negative:

I wasn't able to wash it out with soap and water for like 5-10 mins afterwards. I shouldn't have googled ocular diseases from dirty water :nms: Am I going to go out like Dan Crenshaw?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

Double Indemnity but the plot is now to take someone to Disney instead of push them off a train.

Strangers on a Train Cruise Ship

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

part of me has always wanted to suit up in the most sting protected ultra armor available and just go beat the poo poo out of wasps

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

and this doesn't even account for the very real possibility of hospitals collapsing across the country!

:toot:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fireside Nut posted:

Hey Medical Provider Goons, I had a problem with our sump pump flooding this morning so I had to clean up that nasty water. I managed to fling some of it in my eye. :negative:

I wasn't able to wash it out with soap and water for like 5-10 mins afterwards. I shouldn't have googled ocular diseases from dirty water :nms: Am I going to go out like Dan Crenshaw?
https://www.chewy.com/terramycin-ophthalmic-ointment-dogs/dp/179181

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Google Butt posted:

just be careful don't end up like that one good who had to read his post history in court during his divorce

I'm sorry

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

pancake rabbit posted:

and this doesn't even account for the very real possibility of hospitals collapsing across the country!

:toot:

24 hours before 68 hospitals in florida run out of oxygen... tick tock tick tock