Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

wargames posted:

I talked with sushi and applied for teir 3 helldesk and the network admin, i am going to try and push hard for the network admin.

I would have applied too but I have family to take care of and couldn't just move. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

DropsySufferer posted:

I would have applied too but I have family to take care of and couldn't just move. Good luck!

just hope my resume doesn't automatically go into trash like everywhere else that i apply to.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

wargames posted:

just hope my resume doesn't automatically go into trash like everywhere else that i apply to.

BRB - Going to set up a printer to automatically print out indeed resumes as they come in and feed them directly into a shredder.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

KillHour posted:

BRB - Going to set up a printer to automatically print out indeed resumes as they come in and feed them directly into a shredder.

my resumes

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

wargames posted:

my resumes

That's how it feels all the time. :smith:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

thats ok, most job listing are illegal in colorado anyway

gotta provide an accurate pay band and lol at companies telling the truth

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

thats ok, most job listing are illegal in colorado anyway

gotta provide an accurate pay band and lol at companies telling the truth

People have seen postings for remote positions that just exclude Colorado as a place the job can be done from.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

borkencode posted:

People have seen postings for remote positions that just exclude Colorado as a place the job can be done from.

yeah, its a thing and I'm glad I got a job before that went into effect tbh.

the law is good, but it being so narrow in area of effect is going to make it hard to deal with

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm just starting looking, thankfully Colorado has a decent tech industry anyway so there still seems to be a decent amount of options.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm just starting looking, thankfully Colorado has a decent tech industry anyway so there still seems to be a decent amount of options.

Yeah, driving down i25 and seeing the giant HOSTING building in the middle of Denver is reassuring

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Job posting

Full time remote, USA based, H1-B ok. Physical location of the office (if that matters to you) is SF

Engineer #1/Director of Engineering/Pick your title

You would be designing/advising on a microservices/services based software architecture for a non-crypto Fintech startup, working with/directing an offshore team of 4-5 people

Looking for minimum 3 years experience across at least two companies. Starting salary 170-190 + generous equity

Funding comes from two B list billionaires from companies you've actually heard of, CEO has had several successful exits. IT security/data security experience with PII a strong plus

Actively hiring, looking to start next 90 days, begining of September preferred. PM me for more details thanks

I personally know the hiring manager and can vouch this is a better than average startup opportunity

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 25, 2021

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Hadlock posted:

Job posting

Full time remote, USA based, H1-B ok. Physical location of the office (if that matters to you) is SF

Engineer #1/Director of Engineering/Pick your title

You would be designing/advising on a microservices/services based software architecture for a non-crypto Fintech startup, working with/directing an offshore team of 4-5 people

Looking for minimum 3 years experience across at least two companies. Starting salary 170-190 + generous equity

Funding comes from two B list billionaires from companies you've actually heard of, CEO has had several successful exits. IT security/data security experience with PII a strong plus

Actively hiring, looking to start next 90 days, begining of September preferred. PM me for more details thanks

I personally know the hiring manager and can vouch this is a better than average startup opportunity

you on the cavern of cobol discord or something? i don't have sa pms

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Job Posting:

We're looking for an IT Systems Engineer in SF or NY, focused on scripting/automating our IT environment. We're expanding and ramping up hiring across the board, so there's a lot that needs doing.

Hit me up in PMs or on CoC discord if you have questions. Ton of other roles open as well, though unfortunately not many remote.

https://grnh.se/36d5c5d51us

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
This is the company my brother works at. They do a lot of data science/machine learning. This is about assisting that with more traditional backend development. Primarily NodeJS. Full remote, possibility of very infrequent travel to NYC in the future. Seem like they pay pretty high. I would apply myself and work there but I don't really want to learn NodeJS, I struggle with ultra modern JS enough in the front end already. You can PM me.

https://jobs.lever.co/onehot/2f25fd51-fced-479e-b6f6-01afd246bcb0

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The team that I'm on has two openings. We work on infrastructure automation and ci/cd stuff primarily using terraform and azure devops.

Full remote in the US is an option, but they have a preference for hiring in the region of their HQ. If you happen to be in Kansas City, you'll probably be required to do hybrid in-office at some point but that just got pushed back again.

I can take any other questions in pm, and for full disclosure I do get a referral bonus.

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI...ls=3188024_5710
https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI...ls=3190138_5710

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
I'm hiring Junior through Lead SREs anywhere in EU, UK, US or Mexico. (for a subdivision of Cisco)- PM me for more.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

My company is hiring a C# (C++?) developer for a fat client monolith in the Denver metro area. No guarantees about how long remote work will last. I don't have a posting yet, but if you PM me for deets I can ask the hiring manager about it and or pass them your resume

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
My team has 2 open positions. We make a real-time collaborative web app.

need a strong angular person and a full-stack person that has strength in the backend ideally scala

PM me for more info

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Location: bay area, Portland, one of the Carolinas, maybe Maine, possibly Seattle

Not full time remote, but pretty close. I think technically post pandemic you'd be required to physically be present in an office half a day once a month or so, to placate the CEO. The hiring manager is strongly pro WFH. Fairly standard Django postgres shop running on k8s/aws. Pay is upper medium to high for the market, I would expect well north of $160

We have two senior "devops security" positions open, you would be writing terraform and other stuff with an eye towards security and providing the safe sane voice of reason and experience. You'd be expected to hit the ground running. We have about two years if runway worth of work planned for you already, no shortage of work. Rarely, upper management actually understands the value of devops and turnover is extremely low, nobody has left in years and continues to grow, which is a sign that it's not terribly managed

Also looking for a Very Senior, architect level data engineer to design and build a many terabytes data lake for the data engineering team + a small army of analysts and product managers. You would be working with an existing small team of data engineers

PM me for details, we are hiring "yesterday"

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 4, 2021

DrewkroDleman
May 17, 2008

SHAME.
The team that I just recently joined (so I can't really say how great the team is but it seems great while being recruited!) is still looking real hard for another Azure Cloud Architect. So hard, in fact, that my first day they dangled a reference bonus carrot in front of me in case I knew of others who may want to join.

So far, from what I have seen, the culture seems pretty good, they have some solid benefits, and the position (or at least mine) is permanently fully remote (but I am sure if you want to go into an office they will let you as they have offices literally everywhere).

If you're interested, I am happy to share whatever details I can as well as a direct contact to the HR person working on hiring for the position. Feel free to DM me (pretty sure I have that feature unlocked) or email me at <username> [at] gmail.com.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

We are looking to hire a C# Application Developer. Main focus is web development. Big things we offer:
  • Low stress / Normal hours / No overtime
  • Room to learn and explore
  • Very small team
  • Union / Pension
  • Great benefits/insurance
Posting can be found here:

https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/psp...=1&PostingSeq=1

Any questions, feel free to PM.

This job posting does close on September 30th, 2021.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

Company type: cybersecurity

I'm looking to add another Infrastructure Engineer to my team in the near future.

We are a cloud native company, our main infra is in AWS but we have significant spend (millions per year) in GCP and need someone who is very familiar with GCP, Terraform, and Gitlab CI/CD.

We run all bleeding edge stuff so there would be no lack of interesting stuff to get involved in. A short example of our technology stack:

- EKS/GKE/AKS
- Gitlab pipelines
- Atlantis w/OPA for Terraform policy enforcement
- Saltstack for config management
- Vault for certs/ssh certs/secrets
- Heavy BigQuery usage

The team itself consists of 3 other engineers, a lead engineer and myself running the show. I am pretty hands off as a manager and let people operate at their own pace while also making sure you have no roadblocks stopping you from completing whatever you're working on, you'll typically find me spending more time doing engineering work than management. Our role is to help the different dev teams do their job while enforcing our security mandates and managing full lifecycle of all of the shared services.

The role itself isn't particularly stressful, we don't get yelled at, there is a rolling 1 week off, 4 weeks off on-call that is very light, and since everything is in the cloud there's no middle of the night drives to the data center.

Some company perks include unlimited PTO (that I encourage people to use), $0 medical, pet insurance, and 4% 401k match. Pay is DOE but 150k is likely where HR is going to tell me my budget is.

PM if interested as the job isn't posted yet until I get final approval from the CEO.

Sepist fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 18, 2021

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
My experience: 7+ years of clinical informatics work in large healthcare systems. My scope covers everything from troubleshooting biomed devices at the bedside, to automating tasks with Python. Currently studying for AWS Solutions Architect - Associate.
What I'm looking for: AWS and/or Azure work. I've been spending a lot of my free time diving into cloud tech and building personal projects. This is some cool stuff.
What I'm NOT looking for: I'm a bit far in my career for help-desk work but I'm willing to put in the grind if there is a good AWS/Azure opportunity.
Where I live: Greenville, SC (willing to relocate but ideally remote)
Requirements: Full-time work
Can be reached via: <username>@gmail.com

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

My experience: 13+ years of network and communications support in higher education. Spent time installing and troubleshooting access layer networks, before moving on to Cisco Unified Communications. Got my feet wet into Ruby, Python, and Kubernetes/OpenShift for automation and utilities. Been out of the network end for a bit, but have touched routing including basic BGP, and I keep my head in the network space. I also manage systems security UC, including firewall, certificates, vulnerability management. Currently my role also includes roadmap and architecture development for our services. I've done a bit of many things, but no public cloud. I take pride i my ability to learn new skills when given the opportunity to, and believe I can.

What I'm looking for: Application security or security analyst, possibly compliance. Infrastructure or application lead. My current role seems rather dead ended, and I realize a pivot means I have more to learn in an environment that would give the opportunity to do so. Remote work would be preferred.

What I'm NOT looking for: Term contract work. I don't believe I have enough experience to be in the development realm.

Where I live: Buffalo, NY . Remote work would be preferred.

Can be reached via: SA PM, pcgpartycat AT live.com

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

My experience: Nearly 3 years as a software developer at a fintech startup. I started as an intern, made my way to full-time after a few months, and since then I have been promoted to project manager. My primary focus is front-end development, speaking to clients and developing software features and visual assets. I've built multiple projects for this company, including an iOS and Android mobile application which should be available later in the year for public use. My skillset primarily revolves around development with JS, React and Redux.

What I'm looking for: A salaried software developer/engineer position, preferably at a company with other highly skilled developers. In my current role I don't get to work too often with other developers, and I feel a bit like a big fish in a small pond. I want a role that will challenge me and allow me to continue developing my repertoire.

What I'm NOT looking for: Contract work

Where I live: Millburn, NJ. Remote is preferred but a job in NJ or an NYC office is doable.

Can be reached via: SA PM, jmartinez729 at gmail.com

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My experience: 15 Years of System Architecture and Engineering, 10 years of Security Engineering and IR/DR Planning and Response. My primary work right now has been implementing Security programs from the ground up, including LPA, AppSec/DevSecOps programs, Architecture review and implementation. I have a lot of previous experience doing Forensics as well. I come from a Mainframe and Systems Engineering background, so lots of experience with virtualization and Linux/Unix. I have a lot of hardware experience working with IoT devices as far as development work and security.

What I'm looking for: Security Engineering, I'm flexible on the requirements. I'm currently full time employed as a Security Engineer so I'd need time to transition from my old employer if I get any offers.

What I'm NOT looking for: I'm nowhere near a full time dev and can code well enough but not really strong enough of a coder to do any sort of dev work full time. Not wanting Help Desk style positions.

Where I live: Atlanta, GA

Can be reached via: SA PM or ub3ratl4sf00 (a) gmail

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 27, 2021

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
My MSP is looking for additional helpdesk or T2 level people. Pay is mediocre at best, but its full remote and a good group of people (except myself, obviously). Helpdesk is phones and triage (you won't be bored), t2 avoids any on-call. Send a PM if interested.

Yes, 'Im looking for a better-paying position elsewhere, but the company is solid.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool posted:

The team that I'm on has two openings. We work on infrastructure automation and ci/cd stuff primarily using terraform and azure devops.

Full remote in the US is an option, but they have a preference for hiring in the region of their HQ. If you happen to be in Kansas City, you'll probably be required to do hybrid in-office at some point but that just got pushed back again.

I can take any other questions in pm, and for full disclosure I do get a referral bonus.

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI...ls=3188024_5710
https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI...ls=3190138_5710

We’re still hiring for these. HR is being dumb about letting us use external recruiters so we haven’t seen a lot of good applicants.

To answer the most common question I got in PM’s: I don’t know the official salary range. I make $120k as a Senior, the Lead will make more than that, the other position less.

Yes it’s lower than figgieland money, but they’re a slow moving enterprise headquartered in the Midwest, the fact that we’re hiring remote at all is a big win.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Company I work for does service provider/enterprise consulting/VAR work, we're broadly looking for:

Network engineers
Security Engineers
Compliance Analyst
Business Analyst

Company is Alaska based but remote is a-ok (with flexibility on work hours to account for time zone differences). I PMd CommieGIR and PartyCat but if anyone else has any interest in the above feel free to PM me or drop a note and happy to chat more.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Maneki Neko posted:

Company is Alaska based but remote is a-ok (with flexibility on work hours to account for time zone differences). I PMd CommieGIR and PartyCat but if anyone else has any interest in the above feel free to PM me or drop a note and happy to chat more.

Sent a PM.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Ok things have been changing rapidly at my work place, new directive for Q4/Q1 2022, and we're effectively backfilling a senior position, now

WHAT: 1+ year long term devops engineer contact position 40 hrs/wk
WHERE: full time remote
HOW MUCH: probably standard rate

We have been getting a bunch of indian contractors with suspicious copypasta SEO optimized 3-10 page resumes, and when you press them on any details they just deflate

The bar here is not especially high, you just have to beat out the guy I described above

Needs: terraform + AWS
Some container/eks
Probably 2+ years experience
Capable of both independent and rational thought (this is on the test)
Familiarish with Jenkins
Able to work Pacific daytime hours
Some python fizz buzz capable
Familiar talking CI/CD SDLC
Good opinions
English primary or good secondary

Wants: some kind of security background would be nice
Familiarish with circle ci
Helm charts
Can talk though how you'd secure a mom and pop e-commerce site setup badly on AWS, common pitfalls
How you would containerize mom and pop shop and move up k8s+Jenkins
Jira/scrum workflow

You'd be working on a critical project with 2.5 years worth of work, high visibility, probably able to convert to FTE (no promises)

TIMELINE: interview tomorrow or Wednesday, ink contract Thursday, start this coming Monday :homebrew:

Bonus: we're a certified B Corp (social good etc), healthy revenue flow and cash flow positive most months (very late phase startup)

PM for details

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Hadlock posted:

We have been getting a bunch of indian contractors with suspicious copypasta SEO optimized 3-10 page resumes, and when you press them on any details they just deflate

As someone who just interviewed a bunch of people for a senior developer position, I felt this.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

KillHour posted:

As someone who just interviewed a bunch of people for a senior developer position, I felt this.

In a recent interview, one guy (who was in-between jobs) stole his boss' production terraform and was passing it off as his own, despite having his old boss' name on it + being a private repo + literally having UCSF (local research hospital) name all over it! This guy was applying as a security-focused devops contractor

:psypop:

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
My friend recently graduated Flatiron Fullstack Bootcamp.

Anyone have any leads on a Junior Developer role?

- Ruby on Rails (CRUD/REST APIs)
- ReactJs

Open to SDET/QA positions or SRE.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

You can also cross post to the programmer job thread here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875694&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Why do we have two tech job boards :psyduck:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Hadlock posted:

Why do we have two tech job boards :psyduck:

I think the COC thread sounded more focused on dev/engineering/programming

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

113 page, 12 year old thread here... Hey yeah let's create a second, very specific job board that barely cracks two pages after three years... And then promote it rather than silently snuffing it out

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

One is in the general IT forum and one is in the programming forum. I don't really find that a particularly odd setup, considering we have separate forums for those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Internet Explorer posted:

One is in the general IT forum and one is in the programming forum. I don't really find that a particularly odd setup, considering we have separate forums for those things.

Yeah. Programming isn't the same field as IT. Thats like asking why you would want separate job boards for engineers and metal workers