Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Skwirl posted:

Pretty sure Uatu interferes in his very first comic appearence.

Its not a proper What If? series until he gets involved. Like that's Uata's defining character trait. He can't help but get involved and it pisses all the other Watchers off so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, yeah a few times in the actual What If comics does he get involved. He's done it for sure, but there's been hundreds of issues and it's only happened there a handful of times. But if he shows up in a regular book? Well odds are it's for one of three reasons 1) poo poo's about to go down and him standing there is how you know it's going down 2) He's about to interfere in some poo poo 3) To shame Beast.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Are any of the Watchers from GotG2 supposed to be specifically Uatu?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah, Stan lee

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Iirc, weren’t they like Skrulls at the time where they’d worked out a deal with Fox to use the species name and other characters, but the higher profile members (Uatu/Super-Skrull) were off the table and still tied to the Fantastic Four rights?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

site posted:

maybe he'll loom larger and larger in every episode until the finale where he's like okay nope sorry gotta step in on this one

“Peter parker! You must pull out! For your jizz…..is RADIOACTIVE!”

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

“Peter parker! You must pull out! For your jizz…..is RADIOACTIVE!”

"Listen well, Peter Parker, for in a world like your own, it's... it's hosed up, dude. Look I don't want to get into details but just wear a rubber. SO SAYS THE WATCHER!"

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

X-O posted:

3) To shame Beast.

If I remember correctly that was one of the last things ve did before dying, right?

I just love the idea of Uatu knowing he was going to die, so he had to make sure he shamed Beast before that.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

TwoPair posted:

"Listen well, Peter Parker, for in a world like your own, it's... it's hosed up, dude. Look I don't want to get into details but just wear a rubber. SO SAYS THE WATCHER!"

An all seeing all knowing cosmic deity making it his life’s mission to stop peter parker from boning a girl is just peak spider-man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I loving lolled when I figured out who's playing Scarecrow in Titans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I loving lolled when I figured out who's playing Scarecrow in Titans.

He got investigated for being a creep on set.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Wait, really? gently caress. I just thought he was good at playing a loving creep.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I looked up who it is and in the process learned that Rahul Kohli plays Scarecrow on Harley Quinn? Man, I gotta watch more of that show, that's rad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

I looked up who it is and in the process learned that Rahul Kohli plays Scarecrow on Harley Quinn? Man, I gotta watch more of that show, that's rad.

Yes you do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Arist posted:

You should drop everything right now and binge as much as you can. Also I kinda hope Lake Bell does Black Widow some more in animation.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Harley Quinn has some of the best voice acting I've seen in comic shows. It's crazy how well some of them work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Harley Quinn has some of the best voice acting I've seen in comic shows. It's crazy how well some of them work.

SPLOSIONS

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

SPLOSIONS

I've said while out to dinner with my friends "I AM THIS CREDIT CARD'S RECKONING" multiple times

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, that is a shadow. I was born there but that's not me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You want to taste piss?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's a small bit, but the Costco gag in the pilot makes me giggle every time I watch it. Just the way Bell and Rash deliver it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

https://deadline.com/2021/08/vincent-kartheiser-titans-investigations-misconduct-claims-1234814010/

Sounds like he was shouting and being a dickhead, not that he was a sexpest.

You get the sense that HBO would probably take sexual harassment more seriously, given their pride over their intimacy co-ordinator program.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Open Source Idiom posted:

https://deadline.com/2021/08/vincent-kartheiser-titans-investigations-misconduct-claims-1234814010/

Sounds like he was shouting and being a dickhead, not that he was a sexpest.

You get the sense that HBO would probably take sexual harassment more seriously, given their pride over their intimacy co-ordinator program.

Just a regular creep, not a sex creep. We men have such a high bar

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Speaking of Titans, I started to watch it and ugh, it is not good. I thought the "gently caress Batman" thing was gonna be like the only case of edginess, but the whole thing is like that. The majority of the characters are unlikable. Barbara Gordon may as well be a different character entirely and I don't know how anyone can enjoy any moment she's on screen.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Retro Futurist posted:

Just a regular creep, not a sex creep. We men have such a high bar

Still not great, Bob!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I cannot believe s2e1 of Titans wasn't the season finale of s1. Also, what an anti climatic ending Trigon.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Love that Batman doesn’t even pretend he’s not British

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Sorry for the triple post, but where did the Hawk being a drug addict stuff come from? I’m on episode 2 of the 2nd season and suddenly he’s in recovery? Did I miss something?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

I cannot believe s2e1 of Titans wasn't the season finale of s1. Also, what an anti climatic ending Trigon.

It was. They cut it, and another episode, out of the first season, because they were worried about fan backlash. Then they reinserted the finale at the start of the second season, with some very minor changes to account for it being a season premier.

The other episode's crime was focusing on Starfire, a character that a lot of fans took umbrage with for... some reason.

I've always hoped they'd just release that one episode. It was originally their third, and from all accounts a) largely stood alone, and b) was filmed in Germany. I want to see those foreign film credits put to use!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Sorry for the triple post, but where did the Hawk being a drug addict stuff come from? I’m on episode 2 of the 2nd season and suddenly he’s in recovery? Did I miss something?

Wasn't there something in season one where he was on painkillers because of injuries from being Hawk?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Wait, did they really cut an episode because fans were mad that Starfire was black?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Love that Batman doesn’t even pretend he’s not British

Doesn't he only appear as Bruce in Titans?

That's a solid cover if Bruce Wayne has an accent and Batman doesn't.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Doesn't he only appear as Bruce in Titans?

That's a solid cover if Bruce Wayne has an accent and Batman doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Open Source Idiom posted:

It was. They cut it, and another episode, out of the first season, because they were worried about fan backlash. Then they reinserted the finale at the start of the second season, with some very minor changes to account for it being a season premier.

afaik, they didn't cut that episode out entirely - the originally shot episodes 3 and 4 were edited together into one episode. additionally, my understanding is that a lot of the Trigon material that was shot for the original S1 finale was heavily rewritten and reshot for the S2 premiere, and that it wasn't a simple reinsertion (i.e. originally the Doom Patrol was supposed to return to help the Titans out, and Dick was supposed to take on the Nightwing identity a full season earlier than ended up happening). I think there may also have been reshoots to other episodes to patch up some of the narrative gaps created by the reduced episode count, though I'm not sure as to their extent.

Codependent Poster posted:

Speaking of Titans, I started to watch it and ugh, it is not good. I thought the "gently caress Batman" thing was gonna be like the only case of edginess, but the whole thing is like that. The majority of the characters are unlikable. Barbara Gordon may as well be a different character entirely and I don't know how anyone can enjoy any moment she's on screen.

I think I'm done after the second season. amazing that a show with these characters manages to be this boring

I'm sure I've said this before, but Titans feels like it's trying to be a comic-book-y, fantastical, cheesy soap-opera CW superhero show and a grounded, gritty, violent Marvel Netflix show at the same time, and I remain thoroughly unconvinced that those are compatible tones

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 31, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bridget Regan has been cast as Poison Ivy for Batwoman s3.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Oh that's great.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

I know there's a new batwoman but have the dropped the part where we're supposed to care about people running a pmc outfit policing a city?

Because I noped out a couple episodes into season one because of that

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

I know there's a new batwoman but have the dropped the part where we're supposed to care about people running a pmc outfit policing a city?

Because I noped out a couple episodes into season one because of that

The PMC is gone now. Now it's just regular ol cops being bastards

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they did A Very Special Episode about policePMC brutality and Kate's dad shut down the business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

For an Arrowverse show they did a pretty decent job of threading that plot line through the entire season so it wasn't just one very special episode.