Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
i don’t understand what’s happening but it sounds bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
chudenfreude

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Hollismason posted:

What's the deal with Humira and being a monoclonal antibody.

It is, but it targets something completely different from the covid spike protein. It's not an antiviral.

No clue about how it affects a covid infection.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Even with Florida's wild west attitude restaurants owners are now demanding another bailout fund

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-restaurants-alarmed-resurgent-pandemic-120000146.html

quote:

Just as post-pandemic normalcy appeared within reach, the delta variant that fueled a resurgent COVID-19 pandemic this summer is changing consumer behavior “in a manner that is beginning to put acute pressure back on the restaurant industry,” the National Restaurant Association (NRA) is warning.

In a letter Monday to Congressional leadership, the NRA and state restaurant associations, including the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association (FRLA), are calling for “swift replenishment” of the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) managed by the U.S. Small Business Association (SBA).

The $28.6 billion RFF, signed into law by President Joe Biden in March as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), provided relief to more than 100,000 restaurants and other food and beverage businesses across the nation.

When the program was discontinued in July, there were more than 177,000 restaurants with pending RFF applications before the SBA, including more than 11,500 Florida restaurants with “stabilization funding requests” totaling nearly $2.7 billion, according to the FRLA.

“There are thousands of Florida small business owners stuck in limbo waiting to find out if Congress will act to provide the stability they need to make it through this new pandemic threat and into the future,” FRLA President/CEO Carol Dover said in a Monday news release, referring to several proposals to allocate $60 billion to replenish the RFF.

“The rise of coronavirus variants like delta threaten to push these restaurants closer to permanently closing their doors,” Dover continued. “It’s time for Congress to step in and fulfill the promise of the RRF.”

According to the FRLA, about 17,200 Florida restaurant operators applied for RFF grants totaling $4 billion, but only 5,700 received $1.3 billion from the program.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i have a bong resin spirit residing in the mucous membrane of my lungs, his name is hexxus and he protects me from the covid

as long as satan doesn't dropspawn me and pulls out the tar out of my lungs like he did john constanstine in the movie :sweatdrop:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Computer Serf posted:

i don’t understand what’s happening but it sounds bad

nobody understands. just laugh through your respirator

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
im going to drink a bunch of beer and smoke a bunch of weed and watch baseball because that's all I want to do.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Lacrosse posted:

Finally a concise explanation to the horse paste insanity

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1431040456364810242?s=20

I don’t trust this man because he says the horse goo tastes terrible and I just can’t believe that

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Death By The Blues posted:

need a corona reinvention of the word schadenfreude

scadenflu’de

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

i have a bong resin spirit residing in the mucous membrane of my lungs, his name is hexxus and he protects me from the covid

as long as satan doesn't dropspawn me and pulls out the tar out of my lungs like he did john constanstine in the movie :sweatdrop:

does he sound like Tim curry?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

etalian posted:

Even with Florida's wild west attitude restaurants owners are now demanding another bailout fund

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-restaurants-alarmed-resurgent-pandemic-120000146.html

I found a source to make more horse paste

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
My butt hurts, is this a symptom of the booster?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

I don’t trust this man because he says the horse goo tastes terrible and I just can’t believe that

:hai:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Zisky posted:

My butt hurts, is this a symptom of the booster?

where did he put the booster

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

im going to drink a bunch of beer and smoke a bunch of weed and watch baseball because that's all I want to do.

thirsty Thursday way ahead of you

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
please, let restaurants fail. jesus christ

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

currently banging my pots and pans furiously on the banks of the scioto river so all the first responders in cincinnati keep covid away from central ohio!!!

(it's already here)

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Slay, queen!

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/n_hold/status/1430797840054358016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Louisgod posted:

*filling out questionnaire for vaccine*
"If you have cancer, please specify which type"
*fills out "forums" under other section*

lol

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
my parent's just asked if I can take their dog to the daycare next weekend. "oh poo poo, I better ask where they are going"

panama city beach lmfao

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
"i think it's time to do my own research" i say, rolling up a joint

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

etalian posted:

desantis gonna force people out of their homes to do freedom day at gunpoint at the rate we're going

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
"we're bringing the (kn95) masks you gave us!"

ABCG
May 12, 2020

Going back to this because lol it reminded me of the ex I was with.
She basically stayed home with parents the whole time with no employment nor completed any education and is almost 40, basically was extremely sheltered and just sit around all day while browsing stuff like pinterest or random fashion stuff online.

This "just let it be" world view stayed with her until it can't, when something did happen and she has to take responsibility, at that point everything falls apart.

Things i learned from that were:

Some people just dont have foresight, either they dont care due to laziness, or like others have chimed in, they dont think those things will happen to them, which makes them not care.

Doing things mainly out of physical attraction did not work since they drove me insane as soon as that attraction disappears. I thought I could make do with the craziness but it was seriously draining and pointless now looking back.

All the 'good' moments were my brain resisting change and dont want to accept what I needed to do. Had some serious thoughts on 'what it will be like in 1/5/10 years down the road' and it was easy to see I was insane to stay lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007

text editor posted:

my parent's just asked if I can take their dog to the daycare next weekend. "oh poo poo, I better ask where they are going"

panama city beach lmfao
hope you are a dog person

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

text editor posted:

panama city beach lmfao

florida thanks them for their tourism dollars!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

currently banging my pots and pans furiously on the banks of the scioto river so all the first responders in cincinnati keep covid away from central ohio!!!

(it's already here)

do you want to come over and drink on saturday?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Spergin Morlock posted:

does he sound like Tim curry?

Peter Lorre

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is happening lmao

this insane

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
wish I had local respirator crew to hang out with and not worry

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Please stay the gently caress away from my Humira. Also I read that weirdly you have a higher chance to catch Covid on Humira but better outcomes overall is that true?

Yes - all of those biologics supress your immune system and make you eligible for a third shot.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Louisgod posted:

*filling out questionnaire for vaccine*
"If you have cancer, please specify which type"
*fills out "forums" under other section*

lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stoop Kid posted:

my girlfriend ripped a hot stinky fart in the car on the way home from costco. i calmly re-donned my respirator and breathed in sweet clean air
lmao

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

You must be my ex.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

could China please tell us what to do

maybe an English newspaper or something

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Gravybong posted:

some of those that work forces
want the paste that’s for horses

:thurman:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

(it's already here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

soscannonballs posted:

So I went to publix for my third shot and they refused me since I am not a literal cancer/aids patient. Walked across the street to Walgreens and got my new first shot.

grats!