Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Googes
Sep 2, 2006

Not much bro, just dancin on a streetlamp

Just showed this to an ISU professor I know, pretty sure there was an audible crack lol

Edit:

Googes fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ending the eviction ban is going to make this pandemic so much worse, my god.
I was assuming they'd have to extend the eviction ban given how bad the pandemic is in many parts of the US right now. This is a loving disaster and I'm certain the landlords are already mobilizing. I feel sick

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Choose your own adventure!

MALICE or INCOMPETENCE?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Fireside Nut posted:

But is the booster in question targeted for the variants? If so I wonder if the original recipe we got would show a comparable level of protection?

still the same shot, just smaller.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lenin Stimpy posted:

I was assuming they'd have to extend the eviction ban given how bad the pandemic is in many parts of the US right now. This is a loving disaster and I'm certain the landlords are already mobilizing. I feel sick

deep state want Biden out because he's leaving Afghanistan

i'm only half joking

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lenin Stimpy posted:

When things soon get as bad as they were at the height of the last wave, does Biden even have any way to fund another unemployment extension? Would it have to be some hodgepodge Executive Order like Trump did with the $400 payouts?

I can't see congress uniting to pass...anything

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lenin Stimpy posted:

I was assuming they'd have to extend the eviction ban given how bad COVID is in many parts of the US right now. This is a loving disaster and I'm certain the landlords are already mobilizing. I feel sick

Making it worse is the point.

Remember when a bunch of people died in the Texas deep freeze and an elected official gave the game away by saying "the weak perish?"

That's the game, they fully believe in their atavistic bullshit and they truly think that society is a game of killing off the weak to make the organism stronger. They truly think that people who die from this pandemic are just parasites that were keeping America down and that we're just purging them. They've swallowed the propaganda.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Supreme Court just ended the eviction ban

so it's true. the president doing things is illegal if the president is a democrat

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

McNugget Buddy posted:

When things soon get as bad as they were at the height of the last wave, does Biden even have any way to fund another unemployment extension? Would it have to be some hodgepodge Executive Order like Trump did with the $400 payouts?

I can't see congress uniting to pass...anything

biden is ideologically opposed to an unemployment extension regardless

Apr 7, 2003

Stereotype posted:

so it's true. the president doing things is illegal if the president is a democrat

Good news, we won't have to worry about Democrat presidents ever again soon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean they still have to get the sheriffs out and there are court cases

it’s not like everyone will be evicted tomorrow

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casey Finnigan posted:

biden is ideologically opposed to an unemployment extension regardless

Fauci already slipped and alluded to another shutdown like it's inevitable, so that gives me some kind of hope

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1431024133538725891?s=20

good news everyone! the hospitals are starting to empty out! a little bad news though, we've moved everyone to the morgues and those are now full

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Oh yeah Darwinism... yeah I remember that. Which class did we learn about it in? I think civics right?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

McNugget Buddy posted:

Fauci already slipped and alluded to another shutdown like it's inevitable, so that gives me some kind of hope

"another" shutdown? we never had one and never will.

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

I mean they still have to get the sheriffs out and there are court cases

it’s not like everyone will be evicted tomorrow

There was a gap in eviction moratoriums in 2020 via some dipshit mechanism I can't recall and there were lawyers at the Allegheny Courthouse there to push through some hundred numbers of evictions.

You know as well as I do that landlords will use any gap possible to kick people out.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Choose your own adventure!

MALICE or INCOMPETENCE?

maliciously incompetent or incompetently malicious?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what's up other than number

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

70 cases in NZ, number go up everywhere (except east Asia)

Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

deaths, evictions, ???

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Louisgod posted:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Eat the Supreme Court.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

kalensc posted:

Maybe this has already come up but

Are they considering jenkem yet, and

Where does Dan Quinn stand on stevia vs covid

I think Dan Quinn is in jail.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

triple sulk posted:

Ttump

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Stereotype posted:

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1431024133538725891?s=20

good news everyone! the hospitals are starting to empty out! a little bad news though, we've moved everyone to the morgues and those are now full

https://georgiarcc.org/?county=Richmond&region=&regional_coordinating_hospital=&search_by_type=&search-by-hospital=&search= nah we're back in total diversion again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

McNugget Buddy posted:

Louisgod posted:

fauci has no idea what he's talking about

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

the head of the pulmonary critical care program at my institution took fluvoxamine when he finally caught covid last month. he blasted out this study in an email to all of the faculty and fellows in an attempt to preemptively defend himself from mockery but it didn’t work. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2773108

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

send scotus to kabul to avenge the troops that died

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

triple sulk posted:

not much whats up with you

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

titer me up dammit.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

https://apnews.com/article/health-courts-pandemics-coronavirus-pandemic-daa34fb48a04dc9f3ddad94fb6b4cbb2

Oh good, evictions are on

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Substandard posted:

This is great but also made me think... There are probably a lot of cops who love Rage just like Paul Ryan... Hopefully one of them is rocking "killing in the name" right now and not understanding it at all.

ratm got more explicit in the new music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnTvwdoQFw

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1431068937702322178

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I can't believe Queensland outlasted NZ. Restrictions are even being relaxed today. I'm sure this will not come back to bite in any way.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

TheMightyBoops posted:

I think Dan Quinn is in jail.

Well here's what he was up to four months ago, which is the same exact thing he was up to ten years ago except with twenty extra years on his body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Y9cAv5MUY

warning: viscerally unpleasant

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

spaceblancmange posted:

I can't believe Queensland outlasted NZ. Restrictions are even being relaxed today. I'm sure this will not come back to bite in any way.

*coughs at you from the south*

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Shutters store to reveal a "flatten the curve" poster

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Stairmaster posted:

my 3m mask is here and its kinda crunching my nose but i think it forms a seal. What do you recommend for cleaning it?

it's plastic and silicone, most common, mild cleaning produces will be fine. i most use rubbing alcohol or soap and water.

don't ever soak the filters in anything, or try to clear the insides of them. it'll ruin their ability to filter.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

DoombatINC posted:

Well here's what he was up to four months ago, which is the same exact thing he was up to ten years ago except with twenty extra years on his body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Y9cAv5MUY

warning: viscerally unpleasant

is this legit Dan Quinn. I can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Koirhor posted:

do you want to come over and drink on saturday?

seems like a really roundabout way to get my organs harvested