Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Death By The Blues posted:

What city is this?

Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Boat Stuck posted:

Everyone in this thread - GO TO YOUR LOCAL CVS TOMORROW MORNING AND ASK IF THEY'RE DOING COVID BOOSTERS

No need to make anything up

Worked for me

Get a flu shot along with it

Jesus Christ I just did this yesterday but ok

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

NZ lockdown extended to Tuesday. Seems optimistic.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

man for thanksgiving and Christmas I cooked 30 take-home dinners and left them on my porch for friends to pick up and eat at home so that they wouldn’t go visit their parents and kill them and then we did zoom parties together

I can’t believe I’m gonna do that again this year

oh, that's just what those holidays are now. either you roll the dice and risk killing your family or your friends or yourself, or you sit at home lit by the glow of your screen eating by yourself as the camera slowly zooms out and sad music plays

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Chamale posted:

I think you may be underestimating how murderously evil Narendra Modi is. We in this thread know the next wave is going to be horrific - perhaps as bad per capita as India's - but I think for it to be even worse seems unlikely. Capital will grudgingly respond when everyone is staying home out of fear.

I do not think Biden is as evil as Modi but the US federal government will not act to prevent any of this.

we do not have a central government. it’s on states and locals and people as a group.

It is absolutely possible we see over 50k dead for some period of time by excess mortality. it won’t come out in the state reports because there’s no consequences for lying and tons of consequences for telling the truth.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Boat Stuck posted:

Everyone in this thread - GO TO YOUR LOCAL CVS TOMORROW MORNING AND ASK IF THEY'RE DOING COVID BOOSTERS

No need to make anything up

Worked for me

Get a flu shot along with it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

cr0y posted:

Jesus Christ I just did this yesterday but ok

you can never do it too much, just keep getting as many shots as possible

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

In Training posted:

Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Michigan getting smoked yet again by Covid is a poo poo situation.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
O to be more vaccine than man

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stereotype posted:

you can never do it too much, just keep getting as many shots as possible

Lol you remember that one guy who got like 30 of the things because he kept getting Visa gift cards?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

Michigan getting smoked yet again by Covid is a poo poo situation.

michigan is basically a southern state

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lol you remember that one guy who got like 30 of the things because he kept getting Visa gift cards?

yeah but I bet now he has a 1 in 20,000 chance of myocarditis

who’s laughing now!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Zeroisanumber posted:

20. I believe it's the world record. He's an honourary member of this thread

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Yea I stopped the drinking for a while and tried the shrooms. They really helped me through this and way better then booze and weed. loving expensive though

Where do you live that mushrooms are expensive?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

70 cases in NZ, number go up everywhere (except east Asia)

Much of East Asia is up bigly

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
My mom just texted me that her old hospital asked her to come back and help (she's a retired nurse). I told her not to go anywhere near the place. She's getting to her late-60's and it's just too much of a risk.

She'll probably end up going.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I dunno about you guys but I’m wicked excited for the Republicans to use Afghanistan to win both houses of Congress and spend 2023 voting to defund HHS and the CDC, and then fine Pfizer for creating a vaccine that magnetizes people into gay alligators.

it’s gonna be lit - only overshadowed by a Biden impeachment and eventual Desantis/Oster presidency with Nate Silver running point at what’s left of HHS.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Real Mean Queen posted:

Where do you live that mushrooms are expensive?

I worked at five guys in high school in hockessin, which is has a billion mushroom farms along with all of southeastern chester county in pa. The mushrooms in the store were from India and the mediterranean born manager was always screaming about it why are we buying mushrooms from loving India when we wake up every morning to all that poo poo smell from the mushroom farms across the street!!

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

I had to start a sobriety break because I downed a 1.75 of bourbon over a three day weekend and a good chunk of a 1L of gin. Delta's got me pretty stressed out but I don't want to destroy my liver so I'm gonna have to rawdog reality for a while.

Switch to beers, they go down slower

Also take care of yourself friend

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

so glad to spend the prime years of my live hosed by covid really it's great 👍

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
11-15 million people on the streets, country outlaws homelessness, get arrested, thrown into jail with more people in it than usual because other homeless, get sick, mutate covid, it's not even just a public health crisis, it's a social murder as well due to gov failure to act due a myriad toxic vectors of corruption and chicanery of the certain few old white men who also like to profit off the prison complex.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Not sure if covered but Idaho is looking for volunteers to help at hospitals that are failing lol

https://twitter.com/BetsyZRussell/status/1430601295207964674

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i wanna grow shrooms

oyster mushrooms maybe when it gets cooler... turn sawdust into food

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Zeroisanumber posted:

My mom just texted me that her old hospital asked her to come back and help (she's a retired nurse). I told her not to go anywhere near the place. She's getting to her late-60's and it's just too much of a risk.

tell her to demand $100000

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Not sure if covered but Idaho is looking for volunteers to help at hospitals that are failing lol

we're all in this together

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Zeroisanumber posted:

Copy/paste some of the big rants from r/nursing, maybe some firsthand accounts from other RNs will give her reason to reconsider.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Tell her to get a red Lamborghini

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Helith posted:

lol, of course it is
locky d's were so 2020
2021 is all about learning to live with Covid

u mean learning to coexist with covid

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

*chuckles*

I'm in danger

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

kalensc posted:

Copy/paste some of the big rants from r/nursing, maybe some firsthand accounts from other RNs will give her reason to reconsider.

The back of a new nursing student's ID badge. was the newest link when I looked just now.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

11-15 million people on the streets, country outlaws homelessness, get arrested, thrown into jail with more people in it than usual because other homeless, get sick, mutate covid, it's not even just a public health crisis, it's a social murder as well due to gov failure to act due a myriad toxic vectors of corruption and chicanery of the certain few old white men who also like to profit off the prison complex.

They're just going to use prison labor to staff all the service jobs for $2.00/hour

Small business owners will be thrilled

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

Zeroisanumber posted:

I had to start a sobriety break because I downed a 1.75 of bourbon over a three day weekend and a good chunk of a 1L of gin. Delta's got me pretty stressed out but I don't want to destroy my liver so I'm gonna have to rawdog reality for a while.

my dude get some weed

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Schnorkles posted:

*chuckles*

I'm in danger

I enjoyed feeling relatively safe for like a week before the CDC burned all the masks.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

My mom is fatigued but is fine otherwise. My dad and I seem to have avoided it for now, per our tests. I'd thank my respirator but my dad just wears cloth masks so clearly it's all bullshit so we should open biden.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Paradoxish posted:

I enjoyed feeling relatively safe for like a week before the CDC burned all the masks.

there was a good six weeks here of things being good

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Vox Nihili posted:

Much of East Asia is up bigly

Just checked Vietnam, ouch. :(

Was thinking more about China and Taiwan, at least there are some success stories.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

nomad2020 posted:

The back of a new nursing student's ID badge. was the newest link when I looked just now.

but doctor, I *AM* from the suicide prevention hotline

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Clever Moniker posted:

Switch to beers, they go down slower

Also take care of yourself friend

man i love beer but it gives me the worst shits.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I actually spent today reading about Peru and I just feel deflated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
6 of the patients in the ER right now are covid kids under the age of 10.

Just the flu kids are immune