Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao the China Daily account is causing numerous crack pings in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Look, we can't do what China is doing to stop covid because ....

Hang on...

Give me a minute ...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Show yourself

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1431248144382189571?s=21

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

lmao the China Daily account is causing numerous crack pings in my head

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1431233955706060801?s=20

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

can you cite a source that the usa is not the bestest country ever? :smuggo:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fosborb posted:

lmao why tf is zeynep authoring papers on transmission of respiratory diseases in Science??

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1431248145497927687?s=19

the world has gone loving mad

making money is the most important thing and the 'science' is changing to support the idea that more money = good

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Hatebag posted:

My religious beliefs include
-being dumb as hell
-killing myself
-killing other people
-getting easily avoidable brain damage

this...doesn't narrow it down

gregday
May 23, 2003

yeeeaaaah maybe it’s too early to read Reddit nursing today

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

making money is the most important thing and the 'science' is changing to support the idea that more money = good

to be clear, I have no idea if the paper itself is good or not, I haven't read it, but zeynep is a sociologist who just blogged a bunch about covid and directly contributed to a narrative that is currently filling all of our hospitals

wtf does she know about fomites?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zokari posted:

lmfao at the dnd thread

my proof that china is covering up millions of covid cases is that china bad

I went to look and holy crap that poster has lost their mind.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BJEANS!?!

https://twitter.com/charlesbethea/status/1431249395824087046?s=21

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1431250940976369668?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hey did you guys know covid transmits through air borne aerosls???? wow!!!

science!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fosborb posted:

lmao why tf is zeynep authoring papers on transmission of respiratory diseases in Science??

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1431248145497927687?s=19

the world has gone loving mad

this is insane lol

what the gently caress its all known

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Vaccine Boosters
The United States is fortunate to have highly effective vaccines that are widely available for those aged 12 and up. People who are fully vaccinated are protected from severe disease and death, including from the variants currently circulating in the country such as Delta. People who are not vaccinated remain at risk. Virtually all COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths are among those who are unvaccinated. We encourage Americans who have not yet been vaccinated to get vaccinated as soon as possible to protect themselves and their community.

Americans who have been fully vaccinated do not need a booster shot at this time. FDA, CDC, and NIH are engaged in a science-based, rigorous process to consider whether or when a booster might be necessary. This process takes into account laboratory data, clinical trial data, and cohort data – which can include data from specific pharmaceutical companies, but does not rely on those data exclusively. We continue to review any new data as it becomes available and will keep the public informed. We are prepared for booster doses if and when the science demonstrates that they are needed.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
People here are now talking about how quarantines and distance learning is coming back, but I don't think so. I work for the school district and masks aren't even mandated at schools, just "encouraged." The only time the kids have to wear masks is on the school bus. The classes are packed. It's hosed!

I'm at a meeting now where masks were mandated and the presenter has had her loving mask over her chin the entire time. WONDERFUL

Serf
May 5, 2011

oh hey that's where i am right now! be on the lookout for something much worse happening in candler county where the superintendent says that covid is fake and will not speak to people who wear a mask

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Stereotype posted:

like i'm worried they're going to stop going to the hospital when they can't breathe, but i think they still will. they don't trust hospitals or doctors, they don't believe doctors saying that the vaccine is safe, they think that ventilators are what kills you, and they are mad that the doctors aren't giving you a high enough dose of horse dewormer or something. doctors are at hospitals and so why would they go there? just ask more frantically on your facebook message board until you lose consciousness.

but then they also go to doctors to ask about dick pills.

I think I have the part you’re missing. When you enter into any situation where you could potentially give someone anything north of zero pennies, you become a Customer, and that means you are Always Right, and anybody who says otherwise isn’t getting your Hard Earned Dollar. There’s a very common type of American who will not part with a dollar unless the recipient dances for him a little. Whether the recipient is a bum with a funny sign about suing his ex wife, or a doctor who says his only problem is that he doesn’t have these pills that will make his penis important again, homeboy’s only going to part with a dollar if he likes what he’s spending it on.

Dr Don’t Eat Horse Paste Or You’ll Die Next Month can go gently caress himself, I’m gonna take my dollar to Dr Tractor Supply where they appreciate a paying customer.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mr Hootington posted:

I went to look and holy crap that poster has lost their mind.

Funny because everyone in China understood after SARS that covering up a pandemic proved much more harmful than the honest approach

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Those who died
Or just went blind
Were taking the meds
From the Tractor Supply

Hell yeah

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

:ohdear:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

gently caress this guy I already wear jeans to work every day.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Tonight at 2000, we will admit our 6th baby born to an unvaccinated, Covid mom on ECMO. I’m currently caring for a 26wk premie who’s mom passed away last night after the family removed life support. He never met his mom- she survived on ECMO for 23 days before suffering arrest and brain damage. They have 2 other kids at home.

Tonight’s delivery will be a 28 weeker. Mom has been on ECMO for 2 weeks and they haven’t been able to get her sats above 70% for 2 days so it’s time to take baby before we lose them both. They told Dad to expect Mom to survive for a day or so after delivery.

This will be our 6th baby that will never meet their mom since Covid started. We always hear moms say they worry about what the shot will to do baby, but they never consider what not getting the shot will to do baby. I’m not sure how much more I can handle.

Update: I got a lot of great questions so I thought I’d address them. Our 6th baby was born tonight and she’s doing well all things considered for a 28 weeker. Mom worsened after surgery but I clocked out and don’t know much more beyond that.

We don’t automatically deliver Moms on ECMO. Baby remains on continuous monitoring and if we see the baby is worsening or mom is nearing death we operate if it’s the partner’s wishes. Typically moms don’t tolerate the csection well and delivering the baby doesn’t necessarily mean mom suddenly improves, so we avoid delivery to allow baby time to grow if at all possible.

None of our babies have tested positive for Covid. We resuscitate/transition in private rooms adjacent to the ORs to avoid exposure once baby is out. We test the babies at 24h, 48h and 7 days old. They stay in isolation until all 3 tests are cleared meaning partners/spouses can’t visit until the 7th day.

I live in a very anti-vax, low education state. We are the main nicu in our city. I’m sure my experience is jaded by our higher numbers. I’m hoping those of you in higher vaccinated areas are having a much more pleasant time.

I am enrolled in a therapy program. Covid has completely screwed me up, I’ve never held so many motherless babies or taught so many young widowed partners learn to care for a baby on their own. I highly suggest reaching out for help if you’ve been absolutely shattered by caring for the Covid+ yourself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/comments/pc46sg/covid_from_a_nicu_perspective/

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

skewetoo posted:

Someone at work sought me out because hey you like and know about covid anyways instead of a vax I was thinking of going the therapeutic route have you heard about ivermectin?

Lmao "hey you like....covid"

Yeah, we love looking up all this poo poo as a self-preservation method

Hey skewetoo you're a canuck yeah. Is there a secret Canadian thread that is actually c-spam tier and not d&d-libshit

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Emergency medicine is going to take a decade or so to recover from this

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Should be farm supply to fit the meter

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

jesus loving christ

my sister-in-law just gave birth this week (the baby and the mom are fine, no COVID, thankfully) and this loving broke me

gonna play some video games now

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

brugroffil posted:

What if it just never recovers and in a few years we're getting to the alpha-kappa variant because they ran out of letters?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

brugroffil posted:

no rush

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Welcome to the Chinese century.

No reason to build a giant military when you use the immortal science to win favor globally by actually giving things instead of threatening to punch people.

Xi! *click*

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

welp time to stare blankly out a window for a while

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

you must look like a fancy professional at all times or we will fire you. looking nice is very important.

we could never require people to wear masks. there is no precedent for requiring people to wear things and it would impinge on my freedoms to do so. saving lives is not important.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

We're scaling back the already insufficient testing massively, ending the last remaining restrictions, and downgrading COVID from a critical illness. Nurses have just been forced out of strike by the government. I'm just waiting for them to declare masks illegal again. It's going to be illegal to protect yourself from a respiratory pandemic. :lmao:

Also now I can't get Zack de la Rocha screaming ROPE WOOORRRMS to the tune of Wake Up out of my head. Thanks, thread. Threanks.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

net work error posted:

No reason to build a giant military when you use the immortal science to win favor globally by actually giving things instead of threatening to punch people.

Xi! *click*

just passed 250 words in my Mandarin course.

highly recommended

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

We're scaling back the already insufficient testing massively, ending the last remaining restrictions, and downgrading COVID from a critical illness. Nurses have just been forced out of strike by the government. I'm just waiting for them to declare masks illegal again. It's going to be illegal to protect yourself from a respiratory pandemic. :lmao:

Also now I can't get Zack de la Rocha screaming ROPE WOOORRRMS to the tune of Wake Up out of my head. Thanks, thread. Threanks.

Florida will find a way to make testing inconvenient or illegal at some point here. lol

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

please don't post my Thursday night drunk antics.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

etalian posted:

so is apple or banana flavor more popular over there?

banana. they don't like apples as much. https://meny.no/varer/palegg-frokost/sotpalegg/bananpalegg/banos-palegg-7021010001156

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

mdemone posted:

just passed 250 words in my Mandarin course.

highly recommended

Does duolingo mandarin work? I've done a few courses but I suck at it.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

kalensc posted:

Lmao "hey you like....covid"

Yeah, we love looking up all this poo poo as a self-preservation method

Hey skewetoo you're a canuck yeah. Is there a secret Canadian thread that is actually c-spam tier and not d&d-libshit

No :smithfrog: if you find an adequate cspam outlet for kkkanadians lmk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

net work error posted:

Xi! *click*

The Virgin Biden vs the Chad Comrade Xi