Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Whitey Snipes posted:

Hopefully interceptors are still largely the same.

haha

They aren't. No longer naturally nullified, you'll have to equip a module and remember to activate it at the right times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Whitey Snipes posted:

Hmm, I sent the email on Wednesday and nothing yet.

Did you check the corp tab to see if you have an invite there?

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

LiberalExtinction posted:

haha

They aren't. No longer naturally nullified, you'll have to equip a module and remember to activate it at the right times now.

Fighting LV in the south predates interdiction nullification entirely. iirc the relevant interceptor change for them is "every race has a good one now."

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
It's sometimes hard to believe that next Monday will mark 28 days since PAPI fell apart. A lot of regoonquista has taken place since then. And a lot of ratting.

Bob Socko posted:

Black Ops have been incredibly useful these past few weeks, throwing bombers all over the place to blow up structures.

They're also really helpful to bounce around within the region until we get jump bridges established in a couple more weeks. There are a few helpful people in the various pockets who can bridge you back and forth to get back to 1DQ from ratting destinations.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

Coming back after 12 years, my immediate impressions have been that the UI is much improved and how ops are run is way better. To expand on the ops part, it's been great to get in a fleet, wait maybe 5 minutes for numbers, and then go to wherever we're going and do it. In the old days, it would be more like an hour before it started moving. The organization and tempo of things is so much improved.
Whoever is responsible for this cultural change is the hero of goonfleet. Going from ping->action in <5 minutes pretty much every time makes joining fleets a much more positive experience.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dik Hz posted:

Whoever is responsible for this cultural change is the hero of goonfleet. Going from ping->action in <5 minutes pretty much every time makes joining fleets a much more positive experience.

Its basically too fast. Makes sense after its explained though.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Until a month ago, defense ops were even faster. Get ping > login > undock > warp to already engaged fleet and start shooting.

Ping was 10 mins ago? Too late bro, we're already looting the field.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Sickening posted:

Its basically too fast. Makes sense after its explained though.
I can't do it in Asher fleets when he calls out some non doctrine fitting then tells everyone to undock in 30 seconds.

Organizing boosts fast enough is hard too. Usually I'm just like "uhh I undocked with skirm boosts, I hope everyone else didn't do the same."

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

raminasi posted:

Fighting LV in the south predates interdiction nullification entirely. iirc the relevant interceptor change for them is "every race has a good one now."

Yeah, I was gonna say that they weren't nullified back in my day and pretty much everyone flew Claws or Crows. Raptors and Stilettos were a punchline.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
The solution is obviously to have 70 doctrine ships, each named according to their use and how fast you need them undocked.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Whitey Snipes posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say that they weren't nullified back in my day and pretty much everyone flew Claws or Crows. Raptors and Stilettos were a punchline.

CCP did a whole set of changes to try to make every ship useful for something, at least in theory. There aren't supposed to be any punchline ships anymore, period. (Feroxes are one of our most popular doctrines! Feroxes!)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I might come back after finally taking a bit of a break. What'd I miss in those two weeks?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Still waiting for the Hyperion doctrine.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Phlegmish posted:

I might come back after finally taking a bit of a break. What'd I miss in those two weeks?

Someone's panther alt is getting Hulk kills.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

delta is now krab sqad

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

Whitey Snipes posted:

Hmm, I sent the email on Wednesday and nothing yet.

Had a long wait myself before I got the invite. Turns out the mail service I used (Yahoo) ended up in the spam filter, so if you haven't heard anything soon, try another service.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Someone's panther alt is getting Hulk kills.

"Someone" lol

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

raminasi posted:

CCP did a whole set of changes to try to make every ship useful for something, at least in theory. There aren't supposed to be any punchline ships anymore, period. (Feroxes are one of our most popular doctrines! Feroxes!)

Except for most T1 battleships it seems
Abbadon and Rokh are like built to be mainline ships for fleet battle but nobody use them :saddowns:
And has anybody seen a Maelstorm this year ?

Krogort fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 27, 2021

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CopperHound posted:

I can't do it in Asher fleets when he calls out some non doctrine fitting then tells everyone to undock in 30 seconds.

Organizing boosts fast enough is hard too. Usually I'm just like "uhh I undocked with skirm boosts, I hope everyone else didn't do the same."

I have a shield/mwd nano Dominix with medium drones and 425mm autocannons for the next time he randomly pings Ishtars

i usually fly boosts these days. imo one of the big benefits of nullified warpin boosters is that you can switch out to a full rack of three different racial boosts in the destination system, and with cheaper mindlinks there's a 2/3 chance they'll be maximum strength too

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 27, 2021

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dalmuti posted:

delta is now krab sqad

Did we get back our homeland in the end?

What's the status of the revenge tour, has it begun yet?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

Nothing good can result in a goon getting laid?

no it’s that even then it all turns to poo poo

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

raminasi posted:

They even look great! (Still not as sexy as the Hurricane, which remains the Most Beautiful Ship in Eve Online, a Terrible Game).

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Krogort posted:

Except for most T1 battleships it seems
Abbadon and Rokh are like built to be mainline ships for fleet battle but nobody use them :saddowns:
And has anybody seen a Maelstorm this year ?

Rokhs are a doctrine ship though?

I don't think I've ever seen an Abbadon used as a serious line warship in my 12 years playing this game.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Phlegmish posted:

Did we get back our homeland in the end?

What's the status of the revenge tour, has it begun yet?

Don't know which sig is doing it, but somebody keeps blapping TEST's new anchoring structures in bombers from across the galaxy

What did end up happening to resolve the friction regarding Delta's homeland anyway

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

All I want is a viable facefuck doctrine instead of all this 2009 era sniping poo poo.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Phlegmish posted:

I finally traded in my Chimera for a Thanatos? :shrug:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Warmachine posted:

I don't think I've ever seen an Abbadon used as a serious line warship in my 12 years playing this game.

PL used Arty Abaddons back in the day, I thought.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Ynglaur posted:

PL used Arty Abaddons back in the day, I thought.

PGL had a big brain abbadon doctrine that he dumpstered into the wood chipper one time then retired it. 100 battleships just pissed away… AFTER the battleship changes.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Warmachine posted:

Artillery abaddons were used for a while since they had the same alpha as a Maelstrom without the large sig radius, which made it ideal for shrugging off bombs better.

A long time ago, before the apocalypse got its range bonus, abaddons were popular mega pulse platforms that went 7 guns/1 remote rep.

You can't fit them with beam lasers because a full tach'd out Abaddon uses a quarter of its cap for every shot

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
I remember pulse abaddons being fielded by opponents in the bad old days of Nothing But Drakes.

Weren't arty maelstroms a response to abaddons?

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
wait a second when the gently caress did combat recons get a role bonus to not show up on dscan???

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

andromache posted:

PGL had a big brain abbadon doctrine that he dumpstered into the wood chipper one time then retired it. 100 battleships just pissed away… AFTER the battleship changes.

I guarantee that he stocked these ships himself at a huge markup and made a shitload of cash on that doctrine.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I guarantee that he stocked these ships himself at a huge markup and made a shitload of cash on that doctrine.

wutang

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

MRC48B posted:

Until a month ago, defense ops were even faster. Get ping > login > undock > warp to already engaged fleet and start shooting.

Ping was 10 mins ago? Too late bro, we're already looting the field.

I missed a few fleets because by the time I logged in, got in the right mumble room and fleet and swapped out of my training clone the fleet was already gone :lol:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
https://zkillboard.com/kill/94758465/

-1 tapi fortizar

text is next now

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

All I want is a viable facefuck doctrine instead of all this 2009 era sniping poo poo.

As long as HACs are fast and effective or battleship get buffed a lot, this will not happen. The poo poo tactical mobility on grid and poo poo strategic mobility inter system of battleship is too damaging compared to the little EHP/Damage bonus they have unless you can fight while borderline anchored.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Warmachine posted:

INIT uses Abbadons and Apocs as part of a battleship doctrine

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

zegermans posted:

You can't fit [Abaddons] with beam lasers because a full tach'd out Abaddon uses a quarter of its cap for every shot

I wonder if on-grid Faxes spamming remote cap would make this viable...though it would probably be better just to have fewer Faxes and more subcaps of a better type.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Well, obviously.

supersnowman posted:

As long as HACs are fast and effective or battleship get buffed a lot, this will not happen. The poo poo tactical mobility on grid and poo poo strategic mobility inter system of battleship is too damaging compared to the little EHP/Damage bonus they have unless you can fight while borderline anchored.

It would be interesting if bigger ships were faster in warp than smaller ships, and smaller ships were faster on grid. Maybe have exceptions (Interceptors, Interdictors, Recons). Right now if you have on-grid mobility, you usually also have off-grid mobility, and vice-versa.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Dalmuti posted:

delta is now krab sqad

He told the delta secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Slugworth posted:

I don't play because this game sounds complicated as poo poo and I just don't like spreadsheets as much as yall, but I've been following along since m2 or whatever, and my desire to join up has decreased with every single goon success of the war. I'd way rather be fighting against overwhelming odds to protect the goonland than be winning.

Same. I don't know if this is culture or just personality, but even when I barely knew what EVE Online was, as soon as I heard they had formed a mega-coalition to 'exterminate' a much smaller group of people, my people, that got me fired up. Goons aren't allowed to play the game because you said so? Who do you think you are? gently caress you. I will never surrender, and I will never let you have what you want.

By the same token, you couldn't have paid me to be in PAPI, even if I hadn't been a goon. They never had any real identity or culture (it was just a grab-bag of all the pubbies in nullsec), and their stated goals were dubious and dishonorable from the start. In a way, I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did. I guess there is a certain type of person that likes 'gudfites' and winning as long as there's not too much risk, and ganging up on a single group of people initially seemed to allow for that.
That's not getting into the bitter 'grr gons' types, who are in a category all of their own. As it turns out, there just weren't enough of those to keep up the pressure indefinitely.