Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

none of these loving idiots saying stupid poo poo in the newspaper has ever set foot in a goddamn covid ward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Perhaps we were wrong to believe we could defeat the virus by evading it, outsmarting it. Perhaps the correct way is to confront it head-on, like warriors.

Too bad you can't bravely minigun down fleeing COVID from a helicopter like in the honorable war in Afghanistan

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
So let me be an idiot looking for information for a moment.
I was trying to show a peer how China is doing well. They don't believe because every country puts propaganda out and China's history of abuse and control...how or where do I go to show that this data we are seeing from China is legit?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

post COVID posted:

good news for the previously infected

Three jabs and a previous infection I’m good to go!

Can’t really row on a C2 anymore but hey, dems da breaKs!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I was trying to show a peer how China is doing well. They don't believe because every country puts propaganda out and China's history of abuse and control...how or where do I go to show that this data we are seeing from China is legit?

western state media would be running stories about Chinese people dying of covid non stop if it were true

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

corporates running the numbers on me rn seeing if im worth more dead or alive

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1431262729944268803?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Girlfriend has been orienting in PACU at her new job.

She just got a message from the director of surgery that they’re going to start “redeploying orientees to different units.” Shes furious.

Sounds like another hospital is shutting down elective procedures.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
geez that reddit NICU post got me worse than almost anything this far.

:smith:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Der Meister posted:

none of these loving idiots saying stupid poo poo in the newspaper has ever set foot in a goddamn covid ward

You say that like that would change something. These wingnuts are so caught up in their fantasies that they could watch a hale, 20-something person die and sit with them as the corpse cools and still go to Facebook and post about "comorbidities" after stopping on their way home for more :horsedrugs:.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
HHS DATA UPDATE

There are now 20 states over 80% ICU occupancy, 8 over 90, and 1 over 100.

Using current growth patterns - by next Friday , we will have 30 states over 80%, and 11 over 90.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

well hopefully all the hospitals in all the states won’t fill up at the same time

:coronatoot:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

isn’t the entire state of Georgia on diversion

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
US hospitals are putting patients on diversion...

Into the sea!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
the "best" (worst) part of this is there's nothing that can be done anymore.

It's too late for vaccination, there aren't meaningful therapeutics, its everywhere and the die is pretty much cast. Reaper gonna get his due.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

euphronius posted:

isn’t the entire state of Georgia on diversion

Yep.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

one thing with language learning is to avoid the trap of constantly finding new tools and also making sure you are getting actual skills and not just the dopamine hit of making your duolingo streaks or whatever. keep laser focused on your goal which should be to consume native content as soon as possible because that’s where you really start to learn for real.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how close are we to triaging unvaccinated people out of icus

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

that said I have today off and am going to (safely) get some brunch.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

stone soup posted:

1) quoted in the first post under PPE

2) the 3M 6200 looks like its moulded plastic style; your friend should try a silicon 1/2 mask like 3M's secure click or Honeywell's RU8500 series. ive worn mine (RU8500) for 4+ hours at a time with no discomfort

make sure to reference the sizing chart to make sure that your friend is getting a mask that fits properly, too.

gradenko_2000 posted:

there are two pairs of straps on the 3M 6200 that adjusts how tight the face-fit is. you can tell her to try loosening them, as long as it still passes a seal test it should be fine

thank you to both! found the relevant link in OP, wasn't looking hard enough. will relay this all 🙏

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
My large hospital system in upstate NY is starting to limit elective surgery that requires hospital admission.

*it's happening*

An email was also sent to the physician staff only that was a very long winded ramble about being kind to each other, having patience with others, and that our official position is evidenced based medicine so ivermectin shouldn't be prescribed for covid lamo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

did you all threadban the guy insisting you take horsepaste to treat covid yet

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
when does COVID start to break through the impenetrable sense of american exceptionalism that the average joe somehow still maintains

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I wish iowa did updates!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

cardiacarrest123 posted:

when does COVID start to break through the impenetrable sense of american exceptionalism that the average joe somehow still maintains

it won't.

Apr 7, 2003

cardiacarrest123 posted:

They're dying of covid while insisting they don't have covid, so never.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

they've had to start chlorinating water again in central florida because the oxygen they would have used to purify water is diverted to hospitals which are already on their last legs. two days ago 68 hospitals in florida had enough oxygen on hand to last around 48 hours. they have received more patients and shipments of oxygen are not flowing very well because there's a shortage of truckers due to them dying from covid or getting different jobs that exploit them less.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cardiacarrest123 posted:

I think it is starting to but that last place that will be reflected is in state media

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Nonsense posted:

did you all threadban the guy insisting you take horsepaste to treat covid yet

Gtfo of here with the disinfo

Gallops away

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

euphronius posted:

Already starting to happen in DFW

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

cardiacarrest123 posted:

My large hospital system in upstate NY is starting to limit elective surgery that requires hospital admission.

*it's happening*

An email was also sent to the physician staff only that was a very long winded ramble about being kind to each other, having patience with others, and that our official position is evidenced based medicine so ivermectin shouldn't be prescribed for covid lamo

people are losing their poo poo

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

hey wait, this friend i'm talking about is in the philippines actually. do you know a good place for her to buy either 3M 6500s or Honeywell there?

e: specifically i think in the southern part of manila if IRL is better than online

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

cardiacarrest123 posted:

:lol:

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I’m sure the free market is going to step in any second now to fix this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think If there are schools “closings” (ie going remote) people are going to just go bonkers

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Boise hospitals are all apparently on the brink of total collapse because of staffing issues.

Northern Idaho has collapsed as far as I know outside of maybe Moscow.

Apr 7, 2003

Much like your average white supremacist, the only thing Americans have to be proud of anymore is an accident of birth. Most people don't have poo poo, haven't accomplished poo poo, and won't be poo poo for the rest of their lives. Their pride revolves entirely around being American and they would rather die than give up that umbrella and face self-examination.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Soap Scum posted:

thank you to both! found the relevant link in OP, wasn't looking hard enough. will relay this all 🙏

ya, np. gl
in other news the mail-person came before i left to get quarters for laundry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

the "best" (worst) part of this is there's nothing that can be done anymore.

It's too late for vaccination, there aren't meaningful therapeutics, its everywhere and the die is pretty much cast. Reaper gonna get his due.

that's what crack-pinged me yet again last week or the week before; the ball is already rolling