Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

I would, but I'm wondering how it's standing up and staying structurally sound. I see the sticks giving some support, but how are the rest of the fries staying in the cylinder?

You have to call ahead to order it, takes 3 hours to carefully arrange them like the perfect Kerplunk game state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

LifeSunDeath posted:

Didn't realize that Ohio was actually Gehenna

Tell me you’ve never been to Ohio without, etc.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I want off this ride.

this can't be real, where is the Obvious Plant logo

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CannonFodder posted:

I would, but I'm wondering how it's standing up and staying structurally sound. I see the sticks giving some support, but how are the rest of the fries staying in the cylinder?
Cramped fry basket and just the right amount of starch left in the potatoes. Basically the surface flash cooks to gummy potato glue and sets while it cools if you don't break them apart. Happens to most fries, and you undo it by banging the basket around or dumping them in the fry bin or other place they can fall apart while they cool.

I forget what thread but I thought someone recently posted a similar potato monolith in video form. I maybe mixing that up with my own YouTube binges.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

I would've asked the Lays vendor but I got there later than usual and he wasn't there. I looked around for other flavors and didn't see any.

I wanted to try those Cheddar Jack Doritos or whatever from a few months ago but they were only at Sav-a-lot and I couldn't find them at home.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Speaking of weird chip flavors, my local supermarket had these:

I got a tube and they're OK. If I had to describe the taste I would say it's very reminiscent of movie theater popcorn drenched in that fake "butter", though sweeter than you'd ever get movie theater popcorn, with a definite underlying taste of potato from the actual chip.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Code Jockey posted:

100% real. They also come in Cheeto and Funyun varieties.

I'm holding out for Cool Ranch Dorito flavored Lays flavored Fritos.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

gently caress that, gimme sour cream and onion Doritos.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i don't know about this trend of making chips that taste like other chips. seems creatively bankrupt to me. big chip has lost the plot imo.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lumbermouth posted:

gently caress that, gimme sour cream and onion Doritos.

sour cream and onion cheetos :dogstare: :staredog:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

uber_stoat posted:

i don't know about this trend of making chips that taste like other chips. seems creatively bankrupt to me. big chip has lost the plot imo.

Especially when Lays has been sitting around not making Gyro kettle chips for years after making them for one summer, those things were the best of all time.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there's a place near me that sells gyro fries, kinda like carne asada fries. they own

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

sour cream and onion cheetos :dogstare: :staredog:

Not quite sour cream and onion, but they fuckin rule. Actually like CheeWees more than cheetos. They're baked instead of being fried, so aren't as greasy, but still covered in delicious cheese dust that coats your fingers.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I want to hurl myself at the screen like it's a painting from Mario 64

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Trader Joe's has a sour cream n onion cheese puff

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I want off this ride.

I have a bag of ranch flavored Kettle Chips open next to me, so the flavor isn't completely weird, but the brand recursion is making me grumple.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

AlbieQuirky posted:

Tell me you’ve never been to Ohio without, etc.

only time I've been there was making a connecting flight. :D

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

https://twitter.com/juanmississippi/status/1430640638819713039?s=21

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yummy yum yum

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dog nougat posted:

Not quite sour cream and onion, but they fuckin rule. Actually like CheeWees more than cheetos. They're baked instead of being fried, so aren't as greasy, but still covered in delicious cheese dust that coats your fingers.

thecluckmeme posted:

I want to hurl myself at the screen like it's a painting from Mario 64

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

This is the trick part of trick or treating

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So it's like those Jones sodas but in the form of the worst candy possible?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Zil posted:

So it's like those Jones sodas but in the form of the worst candy possible?

??? Those aren't necco wafers

i like candy corn

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Mr.Radar posted:

Speaking of weird chip flavors, my local supermarket had these:

I got a tube and they're OK. If I had to describe the taste I would say it's very reminiscent of movie theater popcorn drenched in that fake "butter", though sweeter than you'd ever get movie theater popcorn, with a definite underlying taste of potato from the actual chip.

Oh god, I HATED these. I think they smelled more like corn than tasted like corn, and the corn smell like... went up into my sinuses through my inner nostrils and just filled up my nose with fake corn scent.

They had a massive display of them at the store marked down to 99 cents.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

titties posted:

i like candy corn

I stand alongside forums user "titties" in this battle

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
necco wafers = win. circus peanuts = win. candy corn = win. And that's all there is to it.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Can we at least agree to hate spice drops? This may mostly apply when you're a kid an expecting something else but man are they foul in that context.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

necco wafers = win. circus peanuts = win. candy corn = win. And that's all there is to it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Aardvark! posted:

Yeah and I bet you also like those little candy dots that come on a roll of paper that always ended up getting stuck when you tried to eat them

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sirotan posted:

Yeah and I bet you also like those little candy dots that come on a roll of paper that always ended up getting stuck when you tried to eat them

Oh, Pica Poppers, yeah

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sirotan posted:

i do actually. the paper adds much needed fiber to the balanced diet

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Scarodactyl posted:

Can we at least agree to hate spice drops? This may mostly apply when you're a kid an expecting something else but man are they foul in that context.

Spice drops are amazing and always have been. I bet you hate black jellybeans too, which are objectively the best flavor.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

At least I know everyone here can come together and agree that Spree is a pointless candy that shouldn’t exist.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

if you put water on the back of the paper the candy buttons come off easily

yes i like all the bad candies

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

MrYenko posted:

At least I know everyone here can come together and agree that Spree chewy Spree is a pointless candy that shouldn’t exist.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

City of Glompton posted:

if you put water on the back of the paper the candy buttons come off easily

does this not just get you wet unremovable paper on most of them... I wouldn't trust it

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

City of Glompton posted:

I suppose someone has to like them, and I thank you for your sacrifice. I'll be over here with the caramels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

The worst candy is that Swedish fish flavored gum