Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pitts is reaching Darwin Thompson levels of hype. He's a rookie. Hayden Hurst is still there, still healthy, and can still catch balls. He is gonna eat into Pitts' snaps and targets.

Pump the brakes on the Pitts hype. At this rate he's gonna be drafted in round 3 soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tiptoes posted:

This is from Dave Richard's article after he watched the Falcons/Dolphins joint practices about a week ago:

They are using him all over the field. It's very encouraging.

"Figure there will be at least two Fantasy managers in every draft who want to have fun and take the big fella as soon as Round 4. Given some of the other players who are on the board in that range, it feels too high to take Pitts then. But a round later is when Pitts feels safer to take -- right before you get into the hodge-podge of questionable running backs in late Round 5."

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 27, 2021

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m going to let someone else gamble on Pitts in my league. I just don’t see how he’s worth where he’s going. You’re basically expecting a rookie tight end to not only learn how to play in the NFL and succeed but also perform at like Mark Andrews’ level. And unless he turns into Kelce 2.0 the difference in fantasy points you’re getting isn’t going to be that much more than a dude you can pick up three or four rounds later

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Keith Atherton posted:

I’m going to let someone else gamble on Pitts in my league. I just don’t see how he’s worth where he’s going. You’re basically expecting a rookie tight end to not only learn how to play in the NFL and succeed but also perform at like Mark Andrews’ level. And unless he turns into Kelce 2.0 the difference in fantasy points you’re getting isn’t going to be that much more than a dude you can pick up three or four rounds later

I am fully acquiescing to the "they are going to use him like a WR" but people forget that rookie WRs aren't always that good!

He's a good bet to finish as TE4, but not a great bet! And it's an even worse bet that he will finish TE3!

TE4: 13.47 PPR pts (avg last 3 years)
15 rookie WRs since 2010 have more than 13.47 PPR pts per game

TE3: 15.52 PPR pts (avg last 3 years)
4 rookie WRs since 2010 have more than 15.52 PPR pts per game

TE2: 16.94 PPR pts (avg last 3 years)
3 rookie WRs since 2010 have more than 15.52 PPR pts per game

TE1: 18.38 PPR pts (avg last 3 years)
Odell Beckham surpassed this

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

surf rock posted:

Yooo, what on earth, this is sick!

Filed two requests; one was already made and another is in the works. This is great poo poo.

Glad to hear it! It runs at least once a day, so your second sheet should be ready sometime tomorrow at the latest.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Keith Atherton posted:

I think people expect him to be like Marquez Colston and get a WR/TE tag. That roster flexibility would make him really useful

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
The TE tag on a WR is the useful part of that. Like QB Taysom with the TE tag. A TE with WR eligibility isn't very exciting.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Spoeank posted:

I am fully acquiescing to the "they are going to use him like a WR" but people forget that rookie WRs aren't always that good!

He's a good bet to finish as TE4, but not a great bet! And it's an even worse bet that he will finish TE3!

TE4: 13.47 PPR pts (avg last 3 years)
15 rookie WRs since 2010 have more than 13.47 PPR pts per game

TE3: 15.52 PPR pts (avg last 3 years)
4 rookie WRs since 2010 have more than 15.52 PPR pts per game

TE2: 16.94 PPR pts (avg last 3 years)
3 rookie WRs since 2010 have more than 15.52 PPR pts per game

TE1: 18.38 PPR pts (avg last 3 years)
Odell Beckham surpassed this
Unless your league is all flexes and no TE's this isn't really the right way to look at it, it's more about how much better TE3 is than TE4 and if that's worth falling down to WR12 vs WR9 or however your draft shakes out

The Pitts hype does seem overblown though

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The whole rebuttal to "Kyle Pitts will hit the rookie TE wall like every other rookie TE!" is "nuh uh he's a wide receiver!" when in reality even if he is a WR the points he's likely to score aren't enough, historically, to make TE4 a good pick.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
TE's are really shallow this year and WR's are pretty deep, that's part of the reason

Like if he scores you 13 PPG (which would be an all-time great rookie season, but that's what people seem to be banking on) and TE4/5 comes in around 10PPG like Andrews last year, that's 3 points a week difference, which is about the same difference as WR10 to WR30. You can gain a 3point advantage at TE and probably only lose a point and a half at WR by waiting a round.

Assuming Pitts is actually headed to a unicorn type season of course, that's the real rub

wyoak fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 27, 2021

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Hey my draft is tonight. Are there any "do not draft" players I should be aware of? I don't usually follow off season news.
I know DeShaun Watson is a bit of a question mark and CeeDee Lamb has Covid but Not much outside of that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

wyoak posted:

TE's are really shallow this year and WR's are pretty deep, that's part of the reason

Like if he scores you 13 PPG (which would be an all-time great rookie season, but that's what people seem to be banking on) and TE4/5 comes in around 10PPG like Andrews last year, that's 3 points a week difference, which is about the same difference as WR10 to WR30. You can gain a 3point advantage at TE and probably only lose a point and a half at WR by waiting a round.

Assuming Pitts is actually headed to a unicorn type season of course, that's the real rub

We are saying the same thing but I think my WR comparison set us off on the wrong path.

I gave him a unicorn rookie year and he's still a long shot to be TE3.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Hey my draft is tonight. Are there any "do not draft" players I should be aware of? I don't usually follow off season news.
I know DeShaun Watson is a bit of a question mark and CeeDee Lamb has Covid but Not much outside of that.

Watson is 100% not playing this year. There’s no question mark. Don’t even think about drafting him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Watson is a big one. Michael Thomas might have an express ticket to season-ending IR around week 8 or 9, so I am not dealing with that headache.

Everything else is just opinions. I wouldn't worry about CDL though.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Everything else is just opinions. I wouldn't worry about CDL though.

Other than being Pitts-like levels of over drafted

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

dkj posted:

Other than being Pitts-like levels of over drafted

CDL is the 3/4 turn, which I have no problem with (and he's only 10 spots higher than Pitts, for context)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm extremely excited to nominate Pitts in my auction draft early so all the too-clever players bid him up and I get a Bob Tonyan or a Mike Gesicki for max $2

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Poque posted:

I'm extremely excited to nominate Pitts in my auction draft early so all the too-clever players bid him up and I get a Bob Tonyan or a Mike Gesicki for max $2

It didn’t happen in any of the mock drafts we did here. Think he usually went for $8-$12.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dkj posted:

It didn’t happen in any of the mock drafts we did here. Think he usually went for $8-$12.

Is that like back half TE1 prices?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what about pitts in a keeper? how much does his value go up?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My do not draft players include Breshad Perriman, Zach Moss, Cam Newton, Michael Thomas, Travis Etienne, Devin Funchess, Brandin Cooks.

That last one is just because I've been burned too many times.

abelwingnut posted:

what about pitts in a keeper? how much does his value go up?

all the talk about Pitts being overvalued is redraft specific. In dynasty he could be the overall #1 player. In redraft absolutely his value skyrockets. I don't think anyone doubts his ability, just the historical precedence about rookie TEs being worth the ADP in year one

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

My do not draft players include Breshad Perriman, Zach Moss, Cam Newton, Michael Thomas, Travis Etienne, Devin Funchess, Brandin Cooks.

That last one is just because I've been burned too many times.

lol thanks, was planning on going Newton, Perriman, Funchess with my first three rounds, but may do more research now

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sourdough posted:

lol thanks, was planning on going Newton, Perriman, Funchess with my first three rounds, but may do more research now

just listing them for the guy I know obviously don't draft a broke dick.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I do feel like there was some small inexplicable hype for Funchess when GB signed him

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sourdough posted:

I do feel like there was some small inexplicable hype for Funchess when GB signed him

Aaron Rodgers loves TEs :v:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

dkj posted:

Auctions are where Pitts is a potentially fantastic value. Most players are dismissing him cause of the rookie TE label and psychos like me are a small minority so there isn’t much of a bidding war for him. You can get him for less than half the price of a Kittle or Waller and then target whatever midround talents you want with your savings.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is CDL the new abbreviation for Lamb? Assuming so, I don't feel he is being overdrafted and he is the lowest ADP WR with a reasonable chance at WR1. WR1 overall, not a WR1. His current ADP seems appropriate to me, kind of sad he has moved up two rounds in the last month though, making him more difficult to roster everywhere.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 27, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If there is an opposite of "do not draft list" Lamb is on it for me

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Given how vocal Jerry is that people in general get vaccinated (yeah it's about money but take the W folks) I'm inclined to believe CDL is on the vaxxed return path until info comes out otherwise.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

Is CDL the new abbreviation for Lamb? Assuming so, I don't feel he is being overdrafted and he is the lowest ADP WR with a reasonable chance at WR1. WR1 overall, not a WR1. His current ADP seems appropriate to me, kind of sad he has moved up two rounds in the last month though, making him more difficult to roster everywhere.

I've called him CDL since last year so I've infected those in my space.

And yeah his Hard Knocks bump has been PAINFUL

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Tiptoes posted:

Auctions are where Pitts is a potentially fantastic value. Most players are dismissing him cause of the rookie TE label and psychos like me are a small minority so there isn’t much of a bidding war for him. You can get him for less than half the price of a Kittle or Waller and then target whatever midround talents you want with your savings.

Kelce is ridiculously overinflated (has only gone for less than $50 in my all-analyst mocks) so comparing any TE to him will make it seem like a great value.

In the ~40 ten team mocks we've logged Pitt's going low $teens about 66% of the time.

In the ~25 twelve teamers we've logged Pitts usually falls between $13-$17

In both sizes, I can get Mandrews or Hock for around the same amount. For $10-15 more I can usually land Kittle or Waller. I'm taking those four options over a double-digit price for Pitts simply because their performance is proven.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
With DeShaun not playing, what’s the opinion of Tyrod Taylor as QB for Houston? Or is it best to stay away from the Texans..

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Floofy posted:

With DeShaun not playing, what’s the opinion of Tyrod Taylor as QB for Houston? Or is it best to stay away from the Texans..

Redraft and keeper avoid

Dynasty: Nico Collins is interesting.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

12 team snake redraft league this Saturday night, drafting 9th. Key differences from standard seem to be 3WR, Half PPR, 0.2/completion, 6pt Pass TD, -2int, 3 IDPs (LB, DB, DL), 9 bench. Plan is to probably use Beersheets, FantasyPros w/ a curated list of experts, maybe get the Footballguys draft app. Ran a Half PPR mock draft using FantasyPros:
Aaron Jones (went CMC, Cook, Henry, Zeke, Kamara, Adams, Chubb, Barkley, then Ekeler, Taylor, Tyreek, Kelce, Diggs, Mixon)
Antonio Gibson (could have gone Ridley or Hopkins)
CeeDee Lamb
Chris Godwin
Tee Higgins
Mike Davis
Russell Wilson
Trey Sermon
Corey Davis (could have gone Mike Williams)
Noah Fant
Robert Tonyan
Ryan Tannehill
Gabriel Davis
James White (I know, never draft NE RBs but with Michel gone seemed worth a 14th round pick)
Parris Campbell (could have gone Jamison Crowder, figured one Jets player was probably already too many)
Malcolm Brown
Harrison Butker
Kansas City Chiefs

Couldn't land a TE I liked, Pitts when 5.05 then Andrews 6.02, TJ Hockenson 6.03 and Higbee 6.05. Felt like Mike Davis at 6.04 was the better play. Pretty happy with the team overall other than TE situation and WR depth.

Hard to predict how my league will draft, in the past there's always been some reaches and usually a few players that drop precipitously, QBs will likely go faster given the adjustments to their scoring. Always tempted to try a QBBC approach. Previously been seeing Barkley drop to me which I'm hoping to avoid and would rather not have Tyreek Hill on my team if I can avoid it. I'll be happy with anyone else I think, might just go Kelce if he's there and hope some RBs and WRs drop.

IDPs are tough to figure out and I'll likely wait til other people trigger before. There's roughly a 15-20pt difference between top player and 12th, given we don't draft much IDP I imagine whoever I land will do just fine and there will be tons of options on the wire.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Floofy posted:

I'm personally staying the hell away from them, especially in redraft. They have a 4 headed fart monster at RB, their WRs are a questionmark behind Cooks (Conley cant catch, Miller got hurt, they traded Cobb, the rookie Collins is a rookie) and their OL is mediocre at best (outside of Tunsil).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Give me all the Brandin Cooks I can handle. Feed me Brandin Cooks until I throw up. I don't care. He's like WR35 and I am a little piggy for him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Give me all the Brandin Cooks I can handle. Feed me Brandin Cooks until I throw up. I don't care. He's like WR35 and I am a little piggy for him.

Would you say you let Brandin....Cooks?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Yeah he’s so cheap I’m taking almost everywhere in redraft

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If CeeDee Lamb is now CDL, I vote we should be calling him Commercial Drivers License from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I called him California Driver's License a few times but it never stuck