Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

aniviron posted:

Mention of the Bethesda Launcher next to the gamepass made me suddenly realize that this is weird; Microsoft now owns multiple storefronts that are competing with one another.

They also have the regular Windows 10 store which also sells games.

It’s a very Microsoft thing to do honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

aniviron posted:

Mention of the Bethesda Launcher next to the gamepass made me suddenly realize that this is weird; Microsoft now owns multiple storefronts that are competing with one another.

Incredible value

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Steve ballmer “DEVELOPERS” video but it’s him repeating “LAUNCHERS” while he sweats

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Microsoft launcher, Windows launcher, Xbox launcher, Office launcher, Bethesda launcher. We're working on a launcher launcher that will launch your other launchers all from one convenient launcher.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Some of us just need a little help with our exe files, okay??!! Hands off my launchers!

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Cojawfee posted:

Microsoft launcher, Windows launcher, Xbox launcher, Office launcher, Bethesda launcher. We're working on a launcher launcher that will launch your other launchers all from one convenient launcher.

that's gog galaxy

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

microsoft already makes a launcher launcher, it's called windows

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

repiv posted:

microsoft already makes a launcher launcher, it's called windows

Explorer.exe was so far ahead of its time

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Cojawfee posted:

I can't wait for the launcher launcher to come out in Windows 11.
Maybe now I won't have to start the Visual Studio launcher to update Visual Studio, only to find that Visual Studio launcher has to update first.
(Not a joke.)

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljtZJ9g5zo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

~Coxy posted:

Maybe now I won't have to start the Visual Studio launcher to update Visual Studio, only to find that Visual Studio launcher has to update first.
(Not a joke.)

You can’t launch with the big boys unless you are up to date with bleeding edge launching code friendo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Len posted:

Just like how Burger King and Popeyes are competing against each other in the chicken sandwich war

Competing for second place. We all know Chick fil-a has already won.

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
Saints Row 3 Remastered is free on the Epic Store until September 2nd

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

~Coxy posted:

(Not a joke.)

Maybe they could call it the Program Manager.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Trip Hazard posted:

Saints Row 3 Remastered is free on the Epic Store until September 2nd
Also, Automachef.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/automachef

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I got the Saints Row remaster yesterday and now I'm getting this:

"Your account is unable to download any more free games at this time, please wait 24 hours before trying to redeem a free game again."

Wtf? Anyone else gotten this before?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ooh, Yoku's Island Express is up next week. It's a really good pinball-based metroidvania.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nice! YIE rules, fantastic soundtrack as well

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

El Fideo posted:

I got the Saints Row remaster yesterday and now I'm getting this:

"Your account is unable to download any more free games at this time, please wait 24 hours before trying to redeem a free game again."

Wtf? Anyone else gotten this before?

Hasn't happened to me but I usually only take advantage once every few weeks or months. That's pretty funny actually.

'You greedy gently caress, taking all the free games control your poo poo!!'

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I think I got that message not long ago, but it was on starting up the client to claim new free games and I hadn't claimed anything since the previous week. Still worked fine.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I would guess there's some system to try and prevent people from farming tons of accounts full of free games to re-sell, which is tripping as a false positive. If you use a VPN then your shared public IP might look dodgy.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Ah, that’d be it, probably.

aba
Oct 2, 2013
When that happens on my PC (using a local provider) I'm always able to claim it on my mobile internet connection with no issues. So yeah there may be just a lot of people with the same IP claiming games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
never happened to me and I've claimed almost every single free epic game. I'd guess it was a VPN issue just because if I was the kinda person to have multiple accounts and claim everything I could in order to sell those accounts later, I'd definitely use a VPN.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Never happened to me either, but I also have at least two verified purchases with actual money, so maybe that's why

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Ignis posted:

Never happened to me either, but I also have at least two verified purchases with actual money, so maybe that's why

Easy now, Ritchie Rich. No need to swing your dick around like that here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Suburban Dad posted:

Easy now, Ritchie Rich. No need to swing your dick around like that here.

I assumed it was a shameful admittance that they actually bought something on Epic instead just using it to look at an ever growing list of games you own and never play.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Personally I did feel shame for giving epic money for immortals but it was 20 bucks cheaper than getting it from ubi directly so :shrug:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
There’s no shame in buying something on sale (says the dumbshit who paid full freight for Humankind)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

What's wrong with Humankind?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

McGavin posted:

I think I'd hit the character limit explaining it.

Fake edit: Oh wait, you meant the video game, not the species. Never mind.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

McGavin posted:

Short answer is it's buggy.

Which is expected nowadays from a strategy game. Old World and Crusader Kings 3 before it have been nice exceptions, but anyone who buys a release version of a big strategy game should understand the risks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ilitarist posted:

Short answer is it's buggy.

Which is expected nowadays from a strategy game. Old World and Crusader Kings 3 before it have been nice exceptions, but anyone who buys a release version of a big strategy game should understand the risks.

it's also on gamepass day 1 so you can try it for $1

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Gamepass is not available in most countries though.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I played some hours of Automachef (which is free on EGS till 2nd.)

It's a very decent take on a Factorio style automation game. Instead of massive economics of scale, you get bite-sized levels where you have to deal with various restrictions and level gimmicks. The kitchen area might be cramped, or you might have a low budget for buying machines, or a low electricity supply to power them.

Folks who're turned off of Factorio or Shapez.io because of the open-ended sandboxiness might like this more, since there's always a clearly defined goal, and once it's met you're off to the next level. There's also a continuous campaign mode where your cash balance is kept between levels, and you can use the money to unlock more machines.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Skwirl posted:

I think I'd hit the character limit explaining it.

Fake edit: Oh wait, you meant the video game, not the species. Never mind.

In either case, the solution is to delete the whole thing and pretend that it never happened.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

StoryTime posted:

I played some hours of Automachef (which is free on EGS till 2nd.)

It's a very decent take on a Factorio style automation game. Instead of massive economics of scale, you get bite-sized levels where you have to deal with various restrictions and level gimmicks. The kitchen area might be cramped, or you might have a low budget for buying machines, or a low electricity supply to power them.

Folks who're turned off of Factorio or Shapez.io because of the open-ended sandboxiness might like this more, since there's always a clearly defined goal, and once it's met you're off to the next level. There's also a continuous campaign mode where your cash balance is kept between levels, and you can use the money to unlock more machines.

Does it play without the launcher?
Debating on installing.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

OgNar posted:

Does it play without the launcher?
Debating on installing.

Looks like it wants to open the launcher before starting, so no luck there.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Cojawfee posted:

They're bringing back Microsoft Bob? Sweet.

Also Super Animal Royale just came out on switch.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-animal-royale-switch/
I don't think it used to be pay, but it's not on the recent releases page so it might be an early leak. I haven't seen news or anything about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bonzibuddy launcher when