Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Greg Legg posted:

At a training today I was told the policy says if a kid gets long covid they might need an iep. Which to me raises the question then why risk giving them the disability by having schools face to face with no mask mandate, no filtration, no measures to mitigate the virus? I feel like whatever a parent thinks about poo poo like vaccines we at the schools could try the minimal poo poo that kind of works like masks, distance, filtration/ventilation. But no one does and when I mention it they don't even care enough to laugh at me or disagree, it's just shrugged off.

why do teaching professionals always think people know what an iep is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

WampaLord posted:

*raises up sword*

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!!!!

DEEEEEEEEEEAAAATH!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Covok posted:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2021/08/26/ny-covid-vaccine-mandate-for-health-care-workers/5599461001/

TL;DR NY has put out a Vaccine Mandidate for all Healthcare Workers. There is no Religious Exemption or Exemptions whatsoever. It's now fully vaccinate by 10/7 or be fired.

Democrats are useless but it sounds like they did something right this time. They better do this as the standard.

gavin can’t do this cause of the recall lol

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Der Meister posted:

Whose Gavin?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Chamale posted:

The intestinal tract heals very quickly, since it is being constantly digested. But damaging it with ivermectin or bleach can expose underlying tissue to the contents of the intestines, which leads to infection.

From what I've heard from ER nurses, the smell of these infections is legendary.
hahah my god

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Covok posted:

Whose Gavin?

can’t remember

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

My county goes "dried blood" red :(

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

they dont believe they'll die so probably not

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

fun new thing i learned today

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
if anyone is in the area, Meridian Clinical Research is in Hastings NE doing under 12s with a 2:1 vax to placebo rate, and I hear they have openings

you know, if you are desperate enough to regularly drive to Hastings for a "solid chance" at a real vaccine for your kid

we are :(

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Der Meister posted:

The whole religious exemption is so dumb since it's mainly exploited by alt right / Chuds to avoid getting the shot.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

etalian posted:

The whole religious exemption is so dumb since it's mainly exploited by alt right / Chuds to avoid getting the shot.

the university in town here allowed for one but apparently a lot of people got really pissed off when they actually made people prove it instead of letting them just check a box

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow.org

I'm surprised it took this long for Hamilton County to turn red.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lads i'm starting to think Open Biden was a really bad idea.

seek therapy

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

stump collector posted:

Alright I got boosted up at Walmart. The guy at cvs gave me poo poo
i assume you got pfizer/modera
lol at gettin the good poo poo at walmart and not the walmart vaccine at walmart

Shear Modulus posted:

any triple pfizered pfolks starting their moderna regimen yet and if so how long are you waiting
i got my #3 pfizer on july 31st, thinking about getting my first modera on sunday, 4 weeks later

stump collector
May 28, 2007

fosborb posted:

if anyone is in the area, Meridian Clinical Research is in Hastings NE doing under 12s with a 2:1 vax to placebo rate, and I hear they have openings

you know, if you are desperate enough to regularly drive to Hastings for a "solid chance" at a real vaccine for your kid

we are :(

how regularly

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dxt posted:

"this has gotta stop" - Eric Clapton's kid as he fell out the window to his death

New single "I Made it Stop" by my favorite band:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

the university in town here allowed for one but apparently a lot of people got really pissed off when they actually made people prove it instead of letting them just check a box

Vaccines should only have medical exemption and then only for a list of conditions similar to the ones called out the Pre-screener checklist

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

inferis posted:

fun new thing i learned today

man south dakota being real smug about their 1 hospital bed

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tzen posted:

i assume you got pfizer/modera
lol at gettin the good poo poo at walmart and not the walmart vaccine at walmart

i got my #3 pfizer on july 31st, thinking about getting my first modera on sunday, 4 weeks later

yeah I got pfizer3. the pf triple if you will

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

etalian posted:

Vaccines should only have medical exemption and then only for a list of conditions similar to the ones called out the Pre-screener checklist

there should not be anything explicit, it should be handled by the already existing disability accommodation laws

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

when you want someone who doesn't give a poo poo, there's always Walmart.

in other news hahahahahahahaahahahaha

https://twitter.com/EricClapton/status/1431243455133405185?s=20
lmao i lasted about 15 seconds that song is pure :qq:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Epic High Five posted:

because it was a narrative deployed to draw attention away from it leaking from Fort Detrick due to the inadequate wastewater sterilization it got shut down over once it started spreading like crazy in local nursing homes, and then traveled to Wuhan during the World Military Games

Is there a good breakdown/collation of research of these events, Fort Detrick, etc.? I'd have no trouble believing it given how the "Spanish" flu had some of its earliest recorded cases at an Army camp in Kansas.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ha ha my friends said I seek counseling because I got the moderna booster then a flu shot a few days later. It's developing into a addiction!

KlavierVogel
Feb 27, 2004

[] an old crow spoke to me [] busted leg limped down the street [] said we're both tied to our own trees [] cut me loose, cut me loose []
Skipping 3,000 posts to say that I just got a Pfizer booster :toot: They looked up my insurance so I may be in for a bill... Hopefully not :ohdear:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lol I hope Clapton god drat dies

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

At my college, getting a medical exemption for the vaccine mandate requires getting your doctor to fill out a 5 page, 17 question form explaining why you can’t get the vaccine. The form for a religious exemption is a single checkbox to “self attest” and your digital signature on a webform.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Der Meister posted:

why do teaching professionals always think people know what an iep is

I'm lazy, sorry.

For anyone who doesn't know it's an individualized education program.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

any triple pfizered pfolks starting their moderna regimen yet and if so how long are you waiting

Whenever Israel starts melting down about 3rd-dosers having breakthrough infections, I'll get a 4th at that point

Hopefully a few months off

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow.org

what is Alabama doing that its neighbors aren’t

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

proving things is against my religion

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

what is Alabama doing that its neighbors aren’t

lying

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

covidactnow.org

bay area still orange lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

etalian posted:

ha ha my friends said I seek counseling because I got the moderna booster then a flu shot a few days later. It's developing into a addiction!

Do not, my friends, become addicted to health care. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

I think I’ve crack pinged more this week than any other

my crackping for this wave was a couple weeks ago when someone posted just casually spitballing that they were expecting 2-3% of the US population to die this fall/winter, with a peak of like 50k deaths per day lol

been depressed for since then (especially reading r/nursing) but the ping is setting in and the lmaos are returning

lmao

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

papersack posted:

Clapton's music sucks rear end when he can't steal it. That song is terrible up and down. Beat, style, lyrics. Surprised his voice still sounds that good for being so old.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

turd in my singlet posted:

my crackping for this wave was a couple weeks ago when someone posted just casually spitballing that they were expecting 2-3% of the US population to die this fall/winter, with a peak of like 50k deaths per day lol

been depressed for since then (especially reading r/nursing) but the ping is setting in and the lmaos are returning

lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Holy poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1431357604350074884?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

turd in my singlet posted:

lmao

I still don't think 50k/day is really achievable at any point that we are still keeping statistics.