Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Penisaurus Sex posted:

feels like once this poo poo really breaks a whole lot of people will be asking "Why do we have a president?"

the liberals will continue crowing about what a great job he has done and how he isn't trump, literally no matter how bad things get. they will never, ever admit that biden did anything wrong, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

gin (also vodka) is better at keeping covid away than horse paste. i should know, i have never once caught the rona.

Can't go out and catch covid if you're passed out all the time. *taps head*

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol the Biden admin debate on 5 vs 8 month is loving hilarious

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Economy is strong. No need to worry about covid. If it starts hitting the money numbers we will have problems.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Why is animal to human jump in a wet market such a controversial take? poo poo jumping from animals happens like...a lot.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

his kid died from something that could have been prevented with a smidgen of precaution, and now everyone else's has to as well. Makes sense-- it's not fair to him for other kids to be alive when his fell out of a window or w/e.

gregday
May 23, 2003

humanlol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

cr0y posted:

Why is animal to human jump in a wet market such a controversial take? poo poo jumping from animals happens like...a lot.

They want to gin up a war with China over this to distract from domestic failures.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

This Jucika sucks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gregday posted:

humanlol

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

lol hundreds dozens of kids are going to die each day but 13 soldiers dying in Afghanistan will get 99% of attention for years

edit: putting in a less sensational figure

There have been a grand total of 402 children who have died so far since the beginning of all this across the 45 states and territories that track this.

Since June, we have been averaging about one child dead per day.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1431345705554165762

did those hospitals that were gonna run out of oxygen in 48 hours ever get more oxygen?

when you say "biggest one-day increase on record" every day, it starts to lose all meaning

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

cr0y posted:

*frothing at the mouth* CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA COMMIES COMMIES COMMIES COMMIES

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They want to gin up a war with China over this to distract from domestic failures.

Whatever they're doing it's definitely ginning me up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao the USA would get recked

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

slinkimalinki posted:

Ask/tell cruise ship thread starting to stutter back to life

lmao

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
on of my dumb chud cousins posted about supporting mandatory vacations and everyone on that dumb branch of the family tree is making angry posts at him lol

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

cr0y posted:

insane racist white people have no idea what a 'wet market' is, despite almost definitely regularly going to them themselves. the rhetoric about them at the beginning of 2020 was wild

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
We've plateaued at 100% icu capacity in use. We're turning the corner; end is in sight.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Substandard posted:

The strategy here is still to do nothing but watch the numbers go up, huh? I figured at some point the powers that be would at least start discussing actually doing something.

why would they do anything? covid is over. this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. we must bravely march forwards, not backwards.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Iron Crowned posted:

I love that last year in March they built a lot of field hospitals, then tore them down 6 weeks later. They should probably be building field hospitals again, right now.

This time they want people to die because team blue agrees it's death is entirely the fault of their enemies

Meanwhile team blue is busy coughing on their unvaccinated servers

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Schnorkles posted:

doing something will cause number to come crashing down.

idk if people realize itt how close to destruction a lot of business is right now. We're barely keeping the logistic pipelines open and the debt load being carried by just about everyone rn..

personally i think we should let the capitalists burn

just imho

At lunch I went to the petco for some kitty litter and their hours had changed to closing 1 hour earlier than normal. Next door the Asian bakery was closed due to a lack of staff. This is in one of the most vaccinated counties in the country. School starts in 2 weeks so we're probably about 3-4 weeks away from half or more of the stores being closed due to any staff with children being out sick.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Good Citizen posted:

on of my dumb chud cousins posted about supporting mandatory vacations and everyone on that dumb branch of the family tree is making angry posts at him lol

mandatory vacation is inimical to capitalism so this makes sense

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

We see you

We hear you dying

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

cr0y posted:

It omits any form of intentionality. It fits the racist requirement- "lol Chinese will eat anything"- but does not satisfy the Yellow Peril aspect. It's not enough that this could legitimately have happened by chance, America is looking for something non-American to blame for how lovely America is handling the virus. It could only be the result of nefarious foreigners, and the less white they are, the more nefarious they get! :freep:

Lmao if China is just quietly doing its own research, crossing t's and dotting i's, and mapping it back to Fort Detrick

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
At a training today I was told the policy says if a kid gets long covid they might need an iep. Which to me raises the question then why risk giving them the disability by having schools face to face with no mask mandate, no filtration, no measures to mitigate the virus? I feel like whatever a parent thinks about poo poo like vaccines we at the schools could try the minimal poo poo that kind of works like masks, distance, filtration/ventilation. But no one does and when I mention it they don't even care enough to laugh at me or disagree, it's just shrugged off.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Gotta love that the end of the world is everyone's lungs exploding into orange goo while idiots in horse heads stand around and clop.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Greg Legg posted:

At a training today I was told the policy says if a kid gets long covid they might need an iep. Which to me raises the question then why risk giving them the disability by having schools face to face with no mask mandate, no filtration, no measures to mitigate the virus? I feel like whatever a parent thinks about poo poo like vaccines we at the schools could try the minimal poo poo that kind of works like masks, distance, filtration/ventilation. But no one does and when I mention it they don't even care enough to laugh at me or disagree, it's just shrugged off.

Subscription services are all the rage now. Think of how much money the health care industry will rake in by making every single American under 65 a lifetime subscriber.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

imagine Katrina but with no hospitals and a plague. wheeeeeeeee.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
honestly I've always disliked horses so this is a real 2 birds 1 stone situation for me

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lads i'm starting to think Open Biden was a really bad idea.

nonsense, look at all the poeople getting naturally immunized by risking it all.. when you think about it, they're brave patriots, and true americans.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
just had a minor blowup at the school today because they didn’t call walkers to be dismissed first and had a giant crowd of kids to walk through past the buses to go home, sent the principal an apology. I was all like wtf you doing not releasing the walkers first they literally go straight home.

the anxiety and stress is gonna kill me if covid doesn’t

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

uber_stoat posted:

when you want someone who doesn't give a poo poo, there's always Walmart.

in other news hahahahahahahaahahahaha

https://twitter.com/EricClapton/status/1431243455133405185?s=20

"this has gotta stop" - Eric Clapton's kid as he fell out the window to his death

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Pamela Springstein posted:

when you say "biggest one-day increase on record" every day, it starts to lose all meaning

lol yeah it's like product packaging that perennially says "25% MORE!!!" More than what?? :confused:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1431350112903651332?s=20

There's a real growing market for this.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blaziken386 posted:

alas, the horse drugs saga has gone from hilarious to hosed
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBoIton/status/1431056717224321026?s=19

the state is now administering ivermectin instead of the vaccine, the microchip was in the horse paste all along wake up sheeple you gonna let the government dose you like that???

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cr0y posted:

because it was a narrative deployed to draw attention away from it leaking from Fort Detrick due to the inadequate wastewater sterilization it got shut down over once it started spreading like crazy in local nursing homes, and then traveled to Wuhan during the World Military Games

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

SchrodingersCat posted:

Gotta love that the end of the world is everyone's lungs exploding into orange goo while idiots in horse heads stand around and clop.

please clop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2021/08/26/ny-covid-vaccine-mandate-for-health-care-workers/5599461001/

TL;DR NY has put out a Vaccine Mandidate for all Healthcare Workers. There is no Religious Exemption or Exemptions whatsoever. It's now fully vaccinate by 10/7 or be fired.

Democrats are useless but it sounds like they did something right this time. They better do this as the standard.