Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
is a man not entitled to the paste of his imaginary horse?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm hearing some hopeful things about ivermectin, wondering if any of y'all can confirm. Im a 2 y/o appaloosa with bad worms I assume I got from eating oats on spring break (lol, yeah u know).

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

mawarannahr posted:

why would the Germans call it humanol when the word for human isn’t “human” :catstare:

Why would they call it humanol if it isn't booze made from humans?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

what is Alabama doing that its neighbors aren’t

Yeah, Alabama's numbers are fluctuating like crazy over the last couple of days. Something fuckey went on.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1431290528851767297

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/nhpr/status/1431281852640280581?s=19

quote:

This week, Memorial Hospital in North Conway reinstituted their emergency operations mode, known as Code White. Both the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit and general medical-surgical beds have been at or near capacity in recent days.

New Hampshire hospitalizations from COVID-19 have more than doubled, on average, in the past two weeks. Will Owen, the emergency preparedness manager at Memorial Hospital, is concerned about what the trend will mean for the capacity of health care facilities around the state.

Already, Memorial Hospital has had trouble transferring patients to other New England institutions for specialized care. Owen says around a third of the beds at Memorial Hospital are holding patients who are waiting to move into long-term care. Staffing shortages in long-term care facilities make it difficult for them to accept new residents.

New Hampshire feeling the strain.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
oh and now my son tells me a kid in his class threw up in his mask in the morning and was sent home

:tif:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

50k a day is a ridiculous claim even for this thread

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Koirhor posted:

oh and now my son tells me a kid in his class threw up in his mask in the morning and was sent home

lol gently caress being a teacher and or child

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Koirhor posted:

... I completely forgot how often kids barf. drat...

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Zokari posted:

If we were to somehow get over 10k/day I think you would see a societal collapse of such a point that death numbers from COVID would be meaningless.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol get a load of this - children are unvaccinated and being forced into crowded indoor spaces for hours on end every day

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Penisaurus Sex posted:

feels like once this poo poo really breaks a whole lot of people will be asking "Why do we have a president?"

For real what is even the point of having a federal government if they are either unwilling or unable to step in to protect their own citizens against state governments that are openly hostile actors intent on causing harm.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Google Butt posted:

lol get a load of this - children are unvaccinated and being forced into crowded indoor spaces for hours on end every day

Yeah I know, a maskless 5 year old came up to me at Petco and wanted to tell me about his fish.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

children famously do not spread disease

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

SchrodingersCat posted:

If we were to somehow get over 10k/day I think you would see a societal collapse of such a point that death numbers from COVID would be meaningless.

we are blasting past india right now

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Also not just not step in but actually encourage them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Google Butt posted:

lol gently caress being a teacher and or child

I'm surprised teachers haven't cracked yet especially in all the Chud states that banned vaccination and mask mandates in schools.

Also dealing with crazy conspiracy theory parents each day.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Thoguh posted:

For real what is even the point of having a federal government if they are either unwilling or unable to step in to protect their own citizens against state governments that are openly hostile actors intent on causing harm.

to keep the stock market high and the financial system running

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Qurnah posted:

is a man not entitled to the paste of his imaginary horse?!

neigh, says the man in Washington!

this would probably work. they all have terrible toddler brains and will do anything if they think it will make the libs mad.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Is there a good breakdown/collation of research of these events, Fort Detrick, etc.? I'd have no trouble believing it given how the "Spanish" flu had some of its earliest recorded cases at an Army camp in Kansas.

Mid-July 2019 nursing homes in the area have a mysterious respiratory illness scything through them

Aug 5 2019 Fort Detrick is ordered to immediately cease all activity until its wastewater sterilization is fixed as it had been broken

October 18 2019 military personnel from all over the world fly into Wuhan to take place in a weeklong Olympics-style (complete with suck and gently caress village for the athletes) games

Late December 2019 China starts seeing the first cases of an odd pneumonia (sample testing would find that cases could be traced back as early as November)

No public report has been made on any of this nor any results of samples taken from the lab, wastewater, or nursing homes.

Oh and the whole "vaping is destroying lungs" thing happened about the same time. Fort Detrick is one of the super biolevel labs where the US experiments on and houses all kinds of nasty diseases, coronaviruses among them

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

goddamn is nate smoothbrained

I'll choose whichever one didn't cover up 12k deaths

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Told my dad to take a shot at the booster and they turned him away. Kinda shocked that someone in Idaho gave a poo poo. Idk if he's ready to max titers the cvs...the feds just need to open it up already.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zokari posted:

no, it's not

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
kids are the most unhygienic things, literal disease magnets

stay far away from them in this pandemic

other thing i noticed in this pandemic, i go to a very specific store once in a while since its super good at enforcing and still has been enforcing distancing and mask and hand sanitzers everywhere

they seal the drink after making the order, so you have to puncture the drink with a straw to drink it. I always wait, grab it while its firmly sealed and open it in the car or at home

every once in a while, you get some customers in that store who puncture it as soon as they get the drink, peel off the paper of the straw and sippy sippy with their mask down :geno:

uber_stoat posted:

this would probably work. they all have terrible toddler brains and will do anything if they think it will make the libs mad.

it's too good to be true unless someone else gets owned and i come out as a winner in the transaction, trump

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol HEY INSLEE CHECK IT OUT BRUH
MAYBE DO SOMETHING?????

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Stereotype posted:

Do not, my friends, become addicted to health care. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

This reminds we that over the last year we have had stories warning of people becoming addicted to Healthcare, having homes, or having food. I love this country.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

An entire generation of kids is going to die, with the survivors suffering from lifelong disabilities, all because their parents don't want to take the time to raise them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Epic High Five posted:

Mid-July 2019 nursing homes in the area have a mysterious respiratory illness scything through them

Aug 5 2019 Fort Detrick is ordered to immediately cease all activity until its wastewater sterilization is fixed as it had been broken

October 18 2019 military personnel from all over the world fly into Wuhan to take place in a weeklong Olympics-style (complete with suck and gently caress village for the athletes) games

Late December 2019 China starts seeing the first cases of an odd pneumonia (sample testing would find that cases could be traced back as early as November)

No public report has been made on any of this nor any results of samples taken from the lab, wastewater, or nursing homes.

Oh and the whole "vaping is destroying lungs" thing happened about the same time. Fort Detrick is one of the super biolevel labs where the US experiments on and houses all kinds of nasty diseases, coronaviruses among them

everytime it is laid out I just chuckle.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Stereotype posted:

no, it's not

gonna have to agree to disagree here friend

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zokari posted:

gonna have to agree to disagree here friend

i hope you're right but you aren't

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Lacrosse posted:

Subscription services are all the rage now. Think of how much money the health care industry will rake in by making every single American under 65 a lifetime subscriber.

I finally found out what the Ridwell boxes outside people's houses are, thanks to the Seattle thread.

lol.

https://www.ridwell.com/

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Epic High Five posted:

Thanks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

everytime it is laid out I just chuckle.

yeah it's great, there's literally as much evidence to support this as there is Wuhan lab leak and it's even more plausible considering like every single pandemic in history started because of military movements

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
so I got my 2nd moderna on April 15th (so did my mom). I teach kids in a small setting, no more than three kids in my room at a time. always masked. I live in MA.

should I go for the 3rd now so I have two weeks of boosted titers before schools really start, or do I wait til late sept/early oct when it’s six months from my second to get even larger titers?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

india topped out at about 5k deaths per day and theyre a much more populated much less vaccinated country

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Zokari posted:

india topped out at about 5k deaths per day and theyre a much more populated much less vaccinated country

lmao what

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zokari posted:

no they didn't. they topped out at like 250k deaths a day. they are reporting a tiny fraction of the number of deaths.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...the-official-co

if you renormalize india's deaths graph on worldometers so that the total integrated deaths is 4m you get a peak of 250k a day. india is only 4x the size of the USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

super sweet best pal posted:

An entire generation of kids is going to die, with the survivors suffering from lifelong disabilities, all because their parents don't want to take the time to raise them.

At least they aren't missing another year of school. Think of how damaging that would be!