Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Now that's a show that needs to be taken on the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I just watched a short indie documentary, "Love & Saucers", about a guy who believes he's been abducted by aliens, and does paintings of them. It's available free on Tubi:

https://tubitv.com/movies/506506/love-saucers

I bring it up here because it begins with him showing off his collection of thousands of VHS tapes he has in his home, and him describing why he thinks the VHS format is superior.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
also wanna shout out how great Seasons 4-6 of Decker are, the "high budget" ones financed by TC Jr.'s death. every single episode is just crammed with jokes and insanely stupid continuity errors. hard to pick a favorite but the one where they show Decker's Oscar winning movie with Manuel playing Kington is especially good. I actually watched all these before I knew about On Cinema, they're twice as funny when you know about the show obviously

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Early on in Val there's a nice tip of the cap to Mark Proksch's impression of Quint from Jaws

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

JAMOOOL posted:

also wanna shout out how great Seasons 4-6 of Decker are, the "high budget" ones financed by TC Jr.'s death. every single episode is just crammed with jokes and insanely stupid continuity errors. hard to pick a favorite but the one where they show Decker's Oscar winning movie with Manuel playing Kington is especially good. I actually watched all these before I knew about On Cinema, they're twice as funny when you know about the show obviously

The "Global Hoax" episode is top-tier Decker. Probably my favorite Decker thing outside of Port of Call: Hawaii.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I was just thinkin' about when Gregg tricked thousands (hundreds?) of people into watching Affairs of Cappy Ricks.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Also which episode has Manuel playing KIngton?

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

JAMOOOL posted:

thanks for mentioning it, because it's not on youtube I never actually caught these

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

huh posted:

Also which episode has Manuel playing KIngton?

S5E5: Same Old Glory

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Tracking down all the OC stuff is a pain in the rear end.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I still don't really understand how Decker is apparently the one aspect of On Cinema that Adult Swim still owns. From what I understand (and maybe I am dead wrong) about what Tim said it's not just the seasons that actually aired on Adult Swim but the entire Decker concept/IP.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Chairman Capone posted:

I still don't really understand how Decker is apparently the one aspect of On Cinema that Adult Swim still owns. From what I understand (and maybe I am dead wrong) about what Tim said it's not just the seasons that actually aired on Adult Swim but the entire Decker concept/IP.

Have you ever heard that thing about "lamps in a video game use real electricity?" It's the same thing but TIm's character in OCATC is so powerful he made a show in real life.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chairman Capone posted:

It really sucks if you live outside the USA, you have to rig up a proxy just watch DVD (Decker Vs Dracula) and the rest of the less good seasons.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Another Bill posted:

(Decker Vs Dracula) and the rest of the less good seasons.

Spoken like a true buff

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Everything about Decker vs. Dracula is a complete travesty except for the lead role of Decker himself. He feels different somehow, but in a good way, like maybe Tim took some professional acting lessons between seasons.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/status/1430227152838987778?s=19

Shout! Factory is releasing the Oh God! movies but unfortunately only in non-optimal formats like Blu-Ray

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Watching Oh God in 2021 is one of those "joke is on the audience" things that Gregg seems to enjoy.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Apparently David Liebe Hart is trying to raise funds for a lawsuit to prove that Abso Lutely is a front for organized crime and are keeping him in corporate slavery:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hart-2-heart-ministries-freedavid

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Chairman Capone posted:

Apparently David Liebe Hart is trying to raise funds for a lawsuit to prove that Abso Lutely is a front for organized crime and are keeping him in corporate slavery:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hart-2-heart-ministries-freedavid

I guess this is a predictable outcome of hiring actors with blatant mental issues

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Skimming the summary I don't see that it actually involves him at all, but notably the person writing it says that he asked them to stop trying to help multiple times, so it could be a weird fan or something.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

That manifesto is a real Quall to Arms

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

Skimming the summary I don't see that it actually involves him at all, but notably the person writing it says that he asked them to stop trying to help multiple times, so it could be a weird fan or something.

I got way too into trying to look into this, and apparently the woman behind this is a QAnon follower who was involved in spreading the idea last summer that Tim & Eric were part of the Satanic pedophile cabal and may be facing jail time for issues involving that and cyber-stalking David Liebe Hart. Which I think may be even weirder than if he was actually behind this.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Clearing off my desktop and I found some random oscer screencaps

Gregg confirmed for first actor to play joker and bane

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

I got way too into trying to look into this, and apparently the woman behind this is a QAnon follower who was involved in spreading the idea last summer that Tim & Eric were part of the Satanic pedophile cabal and may be facing jail time for issues involving that and cyber-stalking David Liebe Hart. Which I think may be even weirder than if he was actually behind this.

Yeah, Tim has been a target of these right wing loons for years now.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

sponges posted:

Yeah, Tim has been a target of these right wing loons for years now.

He makes good entertainment out of it though. if not for right wing trolls we wouldn't have the masterpiece album 'what the broken hearted do'

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1432367771250167813?s=19

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
if only...
https://twitter.com/GreggMovieEdits/status/1431843724472950788

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Someone on reddit said that Tim tweeted or said that there are no plans for more Rock House.

edit for my mood:

huh fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 31, 2021

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/unclegrembowl/status/1437497394590015488

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Now that the Rock House pilot also turned out to be it's finale, what's on the horizon in terms of content?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Now that the Rock House pilot also turned out to be it's finale, what's on the horizon in terms of content?

me crying myself to sleep every night cause we wont get to see the cooky rock and roll antics of wendy, axium and manuel

i put this bad boy up in my office today, aw yah

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tim did say there would be two seasons of On Cinema this year but considering that the year is 70% and over and there has been no season yet, I'm gonna pretend he said that in character.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Gregg said it should be "soon"

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1437565894922629120

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

oh my god i can't wait to see this haha

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Detective No. 27 posted:

Tim did say there would be two seasons of On Cinema this year but considering that the year is 70% and over and there has been no season yet, I'm gonna pretend he said that in character.
I took it to mean there would be 2 seasons in the first 12 months of the service, which would give them an extra couple months leading up to the Oscar special.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

derp posted:

oh my god i can't wait to see this haha

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1432367771250167813

Also this.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/i/status/1440722565010391044

Check your account after midnight as well because there will be a special release of 1,000,000 Hei Points by Mister Money

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Someone post your hei points wallet id so we can see if they are hard coded the same for everyone I got e748c28b0c756663aef1e5456f0c1d73 don't hack me PLEASE

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
They are not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I've only seen the freely available episodes myself, so this update from HEI INC is like this distant rumbling from a cable news network only my parents watch (or would if they were imbeciles).

I don't want to know whether this coincides with an actual launch of a real life cryptocurrency, I want to go on half-believing that it is so.