Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

jisforjosh posted:

It's ok, they'll count towards the Hurricane Ida death toll, not COVID

died of hurricane WITH covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RadDickOwl posted:

Yeah that is pretty much everything I was typing, but I gave it 40 years.
we're just crack pinged losers with nothing better to do than theorize about redacted lab safety reports. i don't believe me and EHF are about to start a war here either
And being right all the time is loving exhausting but at least you get a rush out of it and get to feel smug for a hot minute, telling your few remaining friends and family SEE?? I TOLD YOU!!! while they are visibly uncomfortable and wondering if it's prodromal schizophrenia.

Yeah, I am just curious if there's data about flu like illness that could support it, or well, just correlate.

the nursing home poo poo is what got my attention, too.

my first post in the OG COVID thread was late February saying this was gonna go down just like Spanish Flu and to read The Great Influenza as a guidebook. The next 4 months was me preaching the gospel of the lentil

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

from fmn:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1431383846587621380

he basically just gave you vague descriptions to comply to local guidance that have not been updated for pandemic standards obviously

America is back

Open Biden

if you get hit by the hurricane, it's your oooooown fault

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

they existed with the USSR too and it didn't happen, why would they feel the need to go to war with us lmao, we're their best customers and all our lines are utterly dependent on them and we're destroying ourselves just fine on our own

What are you arguing? Genuinely cant understand what you're saying here.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lenin Stimpy posted:

What are you arguing? Genuinely cant understand what you're saying here.

I'm saying your worrying about my talking about Fort Detrick causing a global nuclear war with China isn't something you need to be doing, unburden thyself and embrace the weekend feeling

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://www.redandblack.com/uganews...3534ab07cc.html

quote:

UGA professor resigns mid-class after student refuses to wear mask

A University of Georgia retiree-rehire professor resigned on Tuesday after one of his students refused to properly wear a mask in an upper division psychology seminar class held at the psychology building.

During Irwin Bernstein’s second class of the semester, the student, who was not present on the first day of class, arrived at the 25-person class unmasked and was asked by Bernstein to retrieve one from the advising office. The student was given a spare disposable mask from a peer but did not wear it over her nose.

Bernstein asked the student to pull her mask up to wear it correctly, but she said she “couldn’t breathe” and “had a really hard time breathing” with the cloth over her mouth and nose.

Written on the board at the front of the classroom was, “No mask, no class,” according to fourth-year psychology major Hannah Huff.

The 88-year-old psychology professor explained to the student that he could die from COVID-19 due to underlying health conditions such as Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and age-related problems, Bernstein said in an email to The Red & Black.

Only about 15 minutes into the Tuesday lecture, which consisted of Bernstein taking the student attendance, he asked the student to pull her mask up again, but this time, the student did not respond.

Bernstein, who was already informed that two of his absent students tested positive for COVID-19, then announced his resignation on the spot and left the class immediately.

NO MASK NO CLASS

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

they existed with the USSR too and it didn't happen, why would they feel the need to go to war with us lmao, we're their best customers and all our lines are utterly dependent on them and we're destroying ourselves just fine on our own

China isn’t going to nuke the US, the US is going to nuke China because they will be the clear dominant superpower in 5 years and the US is full of and run by a bunch of petty violent psychopaths.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
My Costco is now limiting purchases of bottled water, toilet paper, and disinfecting wipes, only two per person. And I’m in California, so nowhere near the hurricane.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

just throw horse paste and bleach at the hurricane

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Stereotype posted:

lol those people who are eating horse paste are crazy. anyway i've gotten 9 vaccine shots and so should you

lmao

https://twitter.com/gregmlarsen/status/1430856822311710729

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stereotype posted:

China isn’t going to nuke the US, the US is going to nuke China because they will be the clear dominant superpower in 5 years and the US is full of and run by a bunch of petty violent psychopaths.

well it still wouldn't be because I said Fort Detrick is where COVID-19 originated

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

I'm pretty sure we have war plans against literally every country in the world. Like, we probably have a plan, a lovely one but a plan, to invade Portugal if we decided that was a thing we wanted to do.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Substandard posted:

My understanding is that the easiest thing to do is just give your real name and say it's your first shot, but I have no idea if your insurance will eventually come after you with a bill or something.

I did this and it's been almost a month and nothing from them yet

RadDickOwl
Aug 18, 2013

US is a failing empire, they likely will bomb the poo poo out of more places as the decline continues.

And we must always remember, Epic High Five made it happen.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Teenage Riot posted:

Thank u for bringing it back

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RadDickOwl posted:

US is a failing empire, they likely will bomb the poo poo out of more places as the decline continues.

And we must always remember, Epic High Five made it happen.

Working hard, thank you!

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

uh... https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3976692&pagenumber=413&perpage=40#post517265263

soooooooo..... I'm not saying that Nate Silver is bird dude but I'm totally not not saying that either. SHOW YOURSELF, COWARDLY NATE SILVER. I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL FOR THE HIGH CRIME OF STOLEN VALOR

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I encourage you all to get a hurricane vaccine before landfall

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/jwilliamsNOLA/status/1431385987209469956

hmmmm

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The Lord replied, "Lol. Lmao."

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

what the gently caress

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Did they try shooting the hurricane?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
if it's too late to evacuate everyone why is the plan to just give up instead of evacuating as many as possible lmao what in the gently caress

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Number go up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Casey Finnigan posted:

if it's too late to evacuate everyone why is the plan to just give up instead of evacuating as many as possible lmao what in the gently caress

:chaostrump:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Beginning to think we have a bunch of quitters and losers in positions of authority

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Casey Finnigan posted:

that is unfair to those who would be not evacuated, so it is better to not evacuate anyone

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1431389195625541634

spoiler it apparently has nothing to do with the fact that we have a death virus ravaging the country

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
in order to get more teens vaccinated, get a free comic with your shots:

sounds kinda dorky

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Casey Finnigan posted:

covidcane!!!!!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

HiHo ChiRho posted:

For me the theory goes from slightly possible to "they probably did it" is the fact that around the time the lab shut down in summer 2019, a bunch of nursing homes around FD started having mystery respiratory outbreaks, very unusual for the season. It even got pickedup by major news networks:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/respiratory-outbreak-investigated-retirement-community-54-residents-fall/story?id=64275865

I would think if there was an outbreak connected to FD you would also see it happening in nursing homes in Frederick MD, not 50 miles away in northern VA

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Steve Yun posted:

in order to get more teens vaccinated, get a free comic with your shots:

sounds kinda dorky

lmfao this is the most patronizing poo poo

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

they’re buying ivermectin from Ali express now

I bought covid antibody tests via DHgate in April 2020 lmao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

at least a lollipop with my shot would taste good

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What the gently caress

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2021/08/oregon-says-people-fired-for-refusing-vaccines-generally-cant-collect-jobless-benefits.html

Normally, I'd be against this as a matter of labor rights but not getting UI because you wanted to kill old people, kids, and immune compromised people does feel fitting.

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

I don't see how anyone could doubt at this point that government, on various levels, is trying to kill as many people through willful negligence as they can get away with. This is because the government and our entire economy is a house of hards, and in the face of climate change, it knows it can't actually handle a large population, only a small one that either doesn't question it, or is frightened into submission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Did you know masking children was child abuse? I literally just found out. It was on a sign a man with a pube beard held on a street corner alone.