Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

erg the anime boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph is truly a land of contrasts

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

I’ve confirmed that Joey the anime man exists and I’m going to call him fail for using the name Joey the anime man

at least use Jonouchi, smh

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

dogsicle posted:

at least use Jonouchi, smh

Lmao

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

is the anituber discussion any different from people saying "i like moriarty the patriot" and me responding with several paragraphs of why i think it's bad

is he a patriot for always fighting holmes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

my friend refused to watch HXH after telling him to watch it for years until some other idiot told him to watch it and im pissed still

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Namtab posted:

I think thats what we call a discussion, and im sure if i call endorph out right now she will explain her point further. I wont tho

There's a point where being exposed to a certain flippancy or perhaps exaggerated reactions that understandably makes a reasonable person think further discussion is not going to be fruitful or not worth pursuing and different people have different lines in which they make that consideration. Just as people don't have to like something someone else likes, people also don't have to engage with a conversation they know isn't going to be enjoyable or that they have to force to be a discussion via the mechanism of "push back"; and decide that other pursuits are more worth their time.

As an example:

Namtab posted:

But someone else can feel free to ask endorph for an encyclopedic analysis of super eyepatch wolfs failings amd she may provide

Why is it my responsibility to coax a discussion? Especially one by your framing is going to be mostly negative; people in a healthy headspace typically don't see out things they think will upset them or expose them to excessive negativity. They made their choice with their initial words and my first impression as to how that discussion is going to go is set and I think you're downplaying how those posts sound like to others who may have an investment in content they enjoy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't actually care about anitubers I just find the repetitive complaining tedious, I dunno what that post is even saying

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean its not repetitive complaining, i linked a video i liked! sorry people expressed an opinion

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aurora posted:

no he is light yagami and holmes is on his side

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

i feel like the unsaid part of it all is there's usually little to no problem with the smaller ones, but i don't have the time or desire to sift for that and often feel like i'm less interested in a channel's overall output vs specific topics covered by individual videos (thus it feels weird to subscribe)

like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVkYediuSuw

i hate the ghost stories meme so having a video try to contextualize (and reinforce my dislike lol) it, was interesting to me. i think this guy had another big video or two in the past and i did sub but have not really explored other videos. my youtube time is all yugioh progression/sealed stuff, genshin, and stream vods

neat vid

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also this conversation complaining about the repetitive complaining has now gone on longer than the like 5 posts lightly complaining about super eyepatch wolf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

complaining

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

coke or pepsi

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

he's a patriot because he does crimes in britain, for the sake of britain

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why is it my responsibility to coax a discussion? Especially one by your framing is going to be mostly negative; people in a healthy headspace typically don't see out things they think will upset them or expose them to excessive negativity.

armchair therapy ftw

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

truly the smallest brain moriarty

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

no he is light yagami and holmes is on his side

dogsicle posted:

he's a patriot because he does crimes in britain, for the sake of britain

how much does he oppress, say, indian independence

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why is it my responsibility to coax a discussion? Especially one by your framing is going to be mostly negative; people in a healthy headspace typically don't see out things they think will upset them or expose them to excessive negativity. They made their choice with their initial words and my first impression as to how that discussion is going to go is set and I think you're downplaying how those posts sound like to others who may have an investment in content they enjoy.
people in healthy headspaces also dont try to diagnose people with mental illnesses over an argument about anime youtubers, you loving freakshow

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
it doesn't come up

however, they do say the french revolution was a secret british plot carried out by their agent maximilien robespierre

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
I will become an anituber and make 300 videos about the genius of Cromartie High School and no one can stop me.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

vtubers

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chicken Thumbs posted:

I will become an anituber and make 300 videos about the genius of Cromartie High School and no one can stop me.
290 of these videos will be apologies for how often the dub says problematic words

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

also this conversation complaining about the repetitive complaining has now gone on longer than the like 5 posts lightly complaining about super eyepatch wolf

Yeah, which was why I didn't remark on it originally and instead responding to something else I thought would be more constructive regarding regarding the role of recommendations among ones friends/peer group and it was my mistake to pursue it later.

Endorph posted:

people in healthy headspaces also dont try to diagnose people with mental illnesses over an argument about anime youtubers, you loving freakshow

What. I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to me.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 28, 2021

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

symbolic posted:

coke or pepsi

coke

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

either is fine as long as they're diet or cherry

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

symbolic posted:

coke or pepsi

Mexican Coke because it uses real sugar.

If that's not an option, Pepsi.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lol at all of the above, especially the long posts.

People should be free to say what they think freely in chat thread 26.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Namtab posted:

I'm trying to cut down on my word count since this isn't D&D. :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

it doesn't come up

however, they do say the french revolution was a secret british plot carried out by their agent maximilien robespierre

lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm trying to cut down on my word count since this isn't D&D. :(

you should make it 0

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If moriarty the patriot doesn't promote the empire as unambiguously good then i DON'T want to know about it

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

you should make it 0

Instructions unclear, word count now over 9,000.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 28, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

misandry ftw

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Essays are allowed as long as they come from a place of love and\or hate

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My anime YouTuber knowledge is limited to that guy who makes really bad analysis of openings, that other dude that makes really bad analysis of whole shows, and the one that likes incest "ironically".

They may be the same dude. I dunno.

The your movie sucks kimba video is good tho.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

symbolic posted:

coke or pepsi

I don’t drink soda it makes me fat

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i like kaiserbeamz as an anime youtuber; he talks about a lot of retro stuff that gets overlooked nowadays :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Endorph posted:

complaining

I have been summoned.