Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They tend to have outsized positions of power and authority compared to their other SOF contemporaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My experiences were almost always: seals around other seals are bad, seals on their own were generally pretty cool.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/wesleysmorgan/status/1430180267789062166?s=19

I cannot imagine how unbearable SEAL Chiefs are. I could barely stand being around brown shoe ordnance and MA Chiefs.

MA Chiefs are on a whole different level of poo poo. Maybe sometime I will tell the story of how I got the poo poo beat of me by a MA Chief and and two of his henchmen on the Bush.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

IncredibleIgloo posted:

MA Chiefs are on a whole different level of poo poo. Maybe sometime I will tell the story of how I got the poo poo beat of me by a MA Chief and and two of his henchmen on the Bush.

:justpost:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
The Trident guys were pretty fun to party with unless you ran into the one TL that was way too hyped and would get weird. Everyone else was super mellow and would joke about their stupid/dead celebrities.

OS has been experiencing chills and other symptoms now. For some reason the 2nd mate spent the last two days asking me to get the reefer to look at his thermostat (I can't send him into the OS' cabin) or get him a space heater like his cabin is too cold or some poo poo. Doubtful the company can relieve anyone in Hawaii without a miracle so anyone that tests positive/has symptoms is simply a -1 to crew until we hit the USWC.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Apparently today was the first cut of steel for USS Doris Miller.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Just saw that the HM that was killed graduated HS in 2017 so he was only like 21 or 22 :smith:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nick Soapdish posted:

Just saw that the HM that was killed graduated HS in 2017 so he was only like 21 or 22 :smith:

gently caress.

:smith:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Only two positive covid tests and everyone else is negative.

On the other hand my chief has abandoned the ER, is awake from 0000-1200ish, spends his time drinking, and continuously starts sentences with "I'm going to be a little politically incorrect...".

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

Apparently today was the first cut of steel for USS Doris Miller.

:hai:

A rare good move in USN ship-naming.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

MrYenko posted:

:hai:

A rare good move in USN ship-naming.

If they don't take a page from the Enterprise and call it "The Big D" then what the gently caress are we even doing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Look all we know is he had massive balls it’s really not professional to assume the rest.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Wingnut Ninja posted:

If they don't take a page from the Enterprise and call it "The Big D" then what the gently caress are we even doing.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=vP5z7sXfy48&feature=share

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

On keyboard, the big "D" himself, RUSTY SHACKLEFORD!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I know it’s late, but I’m gonna confirm soft serve ice cream being called “autodog” back in the day. Source: mid 90’s, USS Kitty Hawk. And yes the name was in reference to the product resembling a swirly spirally dog poop.

Here’s a question: Does the USCG have missions and deployment far from the continental U.S.? Someone I work with is the mom of some kid just getting out of the Coast Guard after not making E5 and she was talking about him trying unsuccessfully to get deployed to Bahrain. I know there’s drug interdiction stuff but I thought the USCG mission was primarily domestic as the name implies?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zwabu posted:

I know it’s late, but I’m gonna confirm soft serve ice cream being called “autodog” back in the day. Source: mid 90’s, USS Kitty Hawk. And yes the name was in reference to the product resembling a swirly spirally dog poop.

Here’s a question: Does the USCG have missions and deployment far from the continental U.S.? Someone I work with is the mom of some kid just getting out of the Coast Guard after not making E5 and she was talking about him trying unsuccessfully to get deployed to Bahrain. I know there’s drug interdiction stuff but I thought the USCG mission was primarily domestic as the name implies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrol_Forces_Southwest_Asia

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 18, 2022

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NavalInstitute/status/1431628074441977859?s=19

Timely with ice cream talk

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The wardroom didn’t have its own ice cream machine? What was the point of having such big ships then if not gaudy luxury?

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Zwabu posted:

Yes, there are ship and shoreside billets in Bahrain. They are volunteer only and once you complete a tour you get #1 pick for follow up unit or A school. Officers also have some billets in Europe and some enlisted in UK and Saudi Arabia, but not a whole bunch.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Zwabu posted:

Yes. Percentage wise we have more people deployed at one time then any other service. It's still a small amount of people though. I've had orders to both the UK and Bahrain. There are also several postings in Asian countries and a BM E7+ posting in China

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Finally popped the cork on my deployment re-watch of Battlestar Galactica, which I haven't seen since before I joined. This wacky-rear end rank structure has got me triggered.

Still the best frackin' show on TV.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
My favorite épisode is the one where Starbucks takes her pistol appart.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
"So this is a Chu-Hi huh well I'm not impressed, better have nine more."

- Everyone, apparently

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO
Everyone knows the best episode of Battlestar Galactica is 33.

Everyone except Navy watchbill planners.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

"So this is a Chu-Hi huh well I'm not impressed, better have nine more."

- Everyone, apparently

Then after #3 they stand up and find their legs do not work anymore.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Dorstein posted:

Everyone knows the best episode of Battlestar Galactica is 33.

Everyone except Navy watchbill planners.

Oh man, that episode.

BSG had some real gems :v:

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Literally the first episode, technically sort of. I miss the goon watches. And the gifs. And content-producing goons not being pedophiles.

Edite: lmao whoever said 3 chu-his was fuckin dead on, signing off for the night

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Literally the first episode, technically sort of. I miss the goon watches. And the gifs. And content-producing goons not being pedophiles.

Edite: lmao whoever said 3 chu-his was fuckin dead on, signing off for the night

Hope your head doesn’t hurt too much in the morning!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
A normal Chu-Hi from the store is about 1.5% alcohol, therefore I can slam 10 of these and go into a sugar coma before getting drunk.

A Chu-Hi Strong or a bar made Chu-Hi is a Chu-Hi, therefore...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It’s still fun to see people learn the dangers of the chu-hi stand 14 and a half years after I first learned.

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
I'm curious who's running Old Man Chu-Hi stand since Old Man passed away last year. I only went there once or twice since that was in the Honch, and Officers DO NOT go into the Honch unless it's to the Texan for Karaoke.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
No one goes into the Honch when you have pozzies on board, because you're restricted to base!

Also this:

Caaaaaaaarl!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

No one goes into the Honch when you have pozzies on board, because you're restricted to base!

Also this:

Caaaaaaaarl!

Any particular reason for this? Imagine being a retiree going to the base to pick up a bottle and seeing this poo poo.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Look how optimistic the Yokosuka NEX is. They keep printing new signs instead of buying one with a chalk square where the date goes.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Any particular reason for this? Imagine being a retiree going to the base to pick up a bottle and seeing this poo poo.

Yeah, like five thousand particular reasons.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
It’s me I’m the bluenose/red nose/golden shellback coastie ama about getting out and working for the navy

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 18, 2022

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

krispykremessuck posted:

It’s me I’m the bluenose/red nose/golden shellback coastie ama about getting out and working for the navy

How come your uniforms are so much better? Do you still have to wear one for your navy work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If y’all don’t follow the OSHA thread, sometimes there’s nautical fun.

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/4Q5XzoH.mp4

Clearly he didn’t read the book.