Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

bird with big dick posted:

I got some scratches on one of my bars does anyone know if they will repair this under warranty can I send it somewhere and have it recoated

Just wrap it in some of that poo poo plumbers put on pipes so they'll fit more snugly or whatever the gently caress it's for. Y'know, looks like some sort of white tape poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This is my normal m/w/f workout lately. I add some squats and dead lifts here and there, as my hosed up back and neck allow. Looking for general advice. I want to be strong and look sexy.

I always do bench and OHP, the other two sets of exercises rotate between landmine, bent row, lat pulldown, and incline bench. Once in a while I do a workout that has lower weight and more reps (12-15) and once in a while I do a workout that has more weight and lower reps (like that 1RM workout that someone posted a while ago).

Bench
10x45
10x95
5x145
5x175
5x195
5x195
5x195
5x195

OHP
10x45
10x65
10x75
10x85
5x100
5x100
5x100
4x100 (couldn't get the last one)

Lat pulldown
10x50
10x95
5x140
5x165
5x190
5x190
5x190
5x190

Incline bench (dumbbell)
10x20
10x30
5x35
5x40
5x45
5x45
6x45
6x45

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bench
10x45
10x95
5x145
5x175
5x195
5x195
5x195
5x195

Solid warmup and linear progression. You'll be able to slowly increase the work states up until you can't. It'll feel like you're stuck on a plateau. When that happens, you can start cycling with something like this:

Week 1 (baseline): 5x sets at 145, 175, 185, 185, 185
Week 2 (volume): 145, 175, 185, 195, 195, 195, 195
Week 3 (deload): 145, 155, 175, 175
Week 4 (push yourself): 145, 175, 185, 195, ***, ***,*** where the last three sets you see how high you can do a 5x set without breaking form.

Good online resources for various cycling. Month cycles, 3 month cycles, etc. Each cycle you adjust everything as a percentage of the max. Online resources will have more info on what percentages to use as opposed to me just spitballing on my lunch break.

Do some yoga too that might help the lower body situation.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I got some scratches on one of my bars does anyone know if they will repair this under warranty can I send it somewhere and have it recoated

Sleeves gets scratched. It's fine.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Congrats having a bar that looks used

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
guys I just started wearing this new stringer and it's now soaked in sweat can I take gymshark to consumer affairs y/n

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I look inside the holes on my power rack the inside isn’t finished as nicely as the outside is this normal or should I return it

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

If I look inside the holes on my power rack the inside isn’t finished as nicely as the outside is this normal or should I return it

The nice finish is supposed to go on the inside. I think you put it together inside-out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Did you know you can eat an entire jar of banana pepper rings and it's only 40 calories

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Did you know you can eat an entire jar of banana pepper rings and it's only 40 calories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY-pUxKQMUE

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Man, I do not like the way sumo DLs feel. Yuck.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Batterypowered7 posted:

Man, I do not like the way sumo DLs feel. Yuck.

Stick with it for a bit but if you never get better at them just stop doing them forever, some people's hips are just not built for it (I am one of those people)

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

I like sumo deadlifts over conventional but I can't do the over/under grip - tweaks my shoulders.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I can do a set or two at ~80% of my 1RP with an over-under grip. Anything higher and I need to use my straps.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I started working in close, neutral grip dumbbell floor press at the end of my chest days after seeing it in a Juji vid (I think they said they got it from Meadows). It’s been good but nothing special, and I’ve only got to 40s with few interstitial weights. The past month I’ve been super setting it with close grip paused bench so my triceps are toast first and omg it’s so good. Every part of my pec is sore. I’m using light weights, too, and I still typically fail the 5th set. That’s my golden tidbit, thanks for listening.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 1, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Trap bar deadlifts are the superior dead lift

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Grip it and rip it posted:

It's a squat variant

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

nooneofconsequence posted:

I started working in close, neutral grip dumbbell floor press at the end of my chest days after seeing it in a Juji vid (I think they said they got it from Meadows). It’s been good but nothing special, and I’ve only got to 40s with few interstitial weights. The past month I’ve been super setting it with close grip paused bench so my triceps are toast first and omg it’s so good. Every part of my pec is sore. I’m using light weights, too, and I still typically fail the 5th set. That’s my golden tidbit, thanks for listening.

I don't know what any of this means

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I’m going to try exactly this superset, thanks. Although, lying on my gym’s floor eughh

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Grip it and rip it posted:

Incorrect, but I'm happy you're happy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jefferson or bust

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It's a squat variant

Greg Nuckols disagrees!
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

I've never done a trap bar deadlift but I'd like to try.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Greg Nuckols disagrees!
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

I've never done a trap bar deadlift but I'd like to try.

I like them a lot. I always felt like my grip was way stronger using the trap bar, and you can lift like 15% more weight than using a bar, so you feel hella strong.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

I like them a lot. I always felt like my grip was way stronger using the trap bar, and you can lift like 15% more weight than using a bar, so you feel hella strong.

Most trap bar grips are smaller than a regular bar.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

Most trap bar grips are smaller than a regular bar.

Do you mean weight wise?
Cause my trapbar is 30kg.
But yeah people can usually lift more as you won't need to fight the bar trying to roll out of your hands(just use mixed grip ya dummies), and you might be able to pull the bar along better leverages as there is no bar in the way of your knees.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No like they aren't as girthy. There's a lot more metal on a trap bar so the whole thing is thinner to compensate

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

No like they aren't as girthy. There's a lot more metal on a trap bar so the whole thing is thinner to compensate

Yeah that.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah that.

Oooh the grip itself, duh reading comprehension bad. Yeah It's similar to a deadlift bar.
Though technically I could switch mine around to have a fat grip, I have that one on the high handles.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I only deadlift once a week otherwise my lower back gets pummeled and I need to do traditional deadlift for competition so I have never done a trap bar lift despite my gym getting one

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Give it a go during warmup sets or something. They're a lot nicer on your back.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MikeCrotch posted:

I only deadlift once a week otherwise my lower back gets pummeled and I need to do traditional deadlift for competition so I have never done a trap bar lift despite my gym getting one
The trap bar was designed specifically so you could deadlift without hammering your lower back.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
So how many pounds of baby powder is everyone using per month to keep things moving?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Yeah. If you're on about deadlifts dragging up the body you might be setting up too far under the bar.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Yeah. If you're on about deadlifts dragging up the body you might be setting up too far under the bar.

Oh, I wasn’t talking about deadlifts. I’m talking about walking around with chafing all over.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Booties posted:

Oh, I wasn’t talking about deadlifts. I’m talking about walking around with chafing all over.

lol walking? sounds like cardio. Why would you throw away your gains like that?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You people talk like you've never taped 2 liter bottle halves to your shins.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Hellblazer187 posted:

lol walking? sounds like cardio. Why would you throw away your gains like that?

I swear I only do it when I have to change the weight in the bar. But that is offset by picking those weight up.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Booties posted:

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

So I was getting salty at some folks at my gym, who would very deliberately put their mask on only between workout stations, removing it while they exercise. I checked the policy posters that the gym had put up because there was some smaller print underneath the big "masks required" that I had never bothered reading. Turns out it says "wearing a mask is required in all public areas when not engaged in physical activity."

That doesn't make any damned sense to me. Maybe covid is like a traditional Western/European ghost and is weakened in the presence of iron.