Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

you should make it 0

lol

El Burbo posted:

I don’t drink soda it makes me fat

the hidden, true answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I found out there is going to be more Konosuba so I have come back. What have I missed the last 8 months?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

I found out there is going to be more Konosuba so I have come back. What have I missed the last 8 months?

how could you abandon me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

oddtaxi

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Was Tower of God in the last 8 months?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

how could you abandon me

Turns out Final Fantasy XIV is really good.

Also my job became much more demanding with covid vaccines coming out and sacrifices had to be made.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Last anime I watched was...Akudama Drive?

It was good.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Akudama was great.

Vivy's Song was pretty close but stumbled the ending. :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Watch k-on!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

Watch k-on!

"Don't Say Lazy" has been on my gym playlist since i finished season 1

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Don't say lazy still slaps, I listen to Saki Ashiwaza's version all the time.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

I don’t drink soda it makes me fat

*while sipping my double chocolate shake* same

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the anime youtubers that are good are the ones that arent talking about if a show is good or if youre a pervert for watching it or whatever but the ones that just talk about a thing they saw and how it affected them. there was this guy a few years ago that read oyasumi punpun and made a few videos about just how it made him feel and stuff and that kind of person to person stuff is interesting. the book mom lady that does one piece reviews gets on that wavelength sometimes. though just in general i wish less media criticism was "heres what happened in it" or "heres why its good or bad" and more media criticism was "heres how i felt during it, heres how i feel after it"

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

Watch k-on!

this

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnaceface posted:

Last anime I watched was...Akudama Drive?

It was good.

Staying cautiously optimistic about the GFL anime since it's the same studio.

Paper Lion posted:

the anime youtubers that are good are the ones that arent talking about if a show is good or if youre a pervert for watching it or whatever but the ones that just talk about a thing they saw and how it affected them. there was this guy a few years ago that read oyasumi punpun and made a few videos about just how it made him feel and stuff and that kind of person to person stuff is interesting. the book mom lady that does one piece reviews gets on that wavelength sometimes. though just in general i wish less media criticism was "heres what happened in it" or "heres why its good or bad" and more media criticism was "heres how i felt during it, heres how i feel after it"

Is that the guy who sounds like he's going to burst into tears even more than super eyepatch wolf?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Namtab posted:

Watch k-on!

I was thinking of watching Fate for the first time this weekend.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
this is my favorite k-on song. good bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVpIsrVy8u0

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Acerbatus posted:

Staying cautiously optimistic about the GFL anime since it's the same studio.

GFL?

I cant wait for the girls ice hockey anime. That starts this fall right?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnaceface posted:

GFL?

I cant wait for the girls ice hockey anime. That starts this fall right?

Girls Frontline. Think Metal Gear Solid fanfic but with more pretty gynoids.

PuraOre or whatever? Yeah, that's starting in October. Going to give it a shot, at least, though gacha anime don't have a great track record (speaking of the GFL anime. :v:).

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Is that the guy who sounds like he's going to burst into tears even more than super eyepatch wolf?

idk, it popped up in my recommends and was a long time ago. the footage was just him driving around his lovely dead end town. he did sound pretty sad. id never seen anything of his before or since and dont remember his name. i just remember thinking it was nice that he was willing to publicly engage with art and really put his feelings out there. braver than the troops

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Turns out Final Fantasy XIV is really good.

Also my job became much more demanding with covid vaccines coming out and sacrifices had to be made.

did you have a lot of ffxiv to play

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

did you have a lot of ffxiv to play

I never got past level 40 in any of my previous attempts to play the game.

So yeah basically the whole game, and there is a lot of game. Shadowbringers is one of the best written games Ive ever played.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Erg posted:

*while sipping my double chocolate shake* same

hear hear

*eats 4 slices of stuffed crust pizza*

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

El Burbo posted:

hear hear

*eats 4 slices of stuffed crust pizza*

i hope it's the ones that are filled with cheese and are wrapped around a hot dog

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Paper Lion posted:

You know I feel weird talking about it especially after all this anituber talk but I am getting into making media analysis videos and the first one I did about OMORI was basically "Here's the story, here's my thoughts during and after." I have received no serious criticism or feedback for it in it's first few days being out so I've been wondering if it was even worth doing a video like that. And it's kind of comforting hearing this even if you aren't addressing me specifically? I still have a lot to learn but just hearing that made me happy I made what I did, as flawed as I feel it is. I certainly lacked a budget to do more than use game screens but I want to learn more about video editing and camera work in the future. It also makes me more confidant that people want to have that kind of experience of seeing someone digest their emotions through media. So thanks I guess?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the best K-On song is the one that sounds like Andrew WK

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

i hope it's the ones that are filled with cheese and are wrapped around a hot dog

That sounds awful.

But I eat poutine so I cant really mock anyone's taste in food.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Weird BIAS posted:

You know I feel weird talking about it especially after all this anituber talk but I am getting into making media analysis videos and the first one I did about OMORI was basically "Here's the story, here's my thoughts during and after." I have received no serious criticism or feedback for it in it's first few days being out so I've been wondering if it was even worth doing a video like that. And it's kind of comforting hearing this even if you aren't addressing me specifically? I still have a lot to learn but just hearing that made me happy I made what I did, as flawed as I feel it is. I certainly lacked a budget to do more than use game screens but I want to learn more about video editing and camera work in the future. It also makes me more confidant that people want to have that kind of experience of seeing someone digest their emotions through media. So thanks I guess?

im glad my opinion helped your uneasy feelings about making your omori video, and im glad you got to experience an art that made you feel strongly enough that it needed to be shared with other people. speaking generally, i dont really understand why theres so much content about stuff other than feelings. i cant imagine someone posting, like, a millennium actress video and its just about what happened or why its good. no poo poo its animated well and susumu hirasawa's soundtrack bangs. there's a je ne sais quoi in how it hits you. thats whats worth talking about and hearing. i hope you continue with your hobby, and have lots of fun.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the best K-On song is the one that sounds like Andrew WK

i agree, fuwa fuwa time is untouchable (other than azusa's song which is above all other songs)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The new manga by the Terra Formars guy looks real good, it has some freaky as gently caress monsters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weird BIAS posted:

my advice would be to do it because you enjoy it and you feel like you're learning something. theres a ton of youtubers out there making decent videos and getting like, sub-100 views and no comments, thats the majority of content on youtube. an audience just might not come. best way to get feedback would probably be to post it places or ask friends or something

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aurora posted:

which stuffed crust pizzas are not filled with cheese

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

which stuffed crust pizzas are not filled with cheese

I needed to specify that the inclusion of the hot dog did not indicate no cheese

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/Flanageddon/status/1431292417798463488

I will, thank you Usagi.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i was wrong, there is no cheese

only mustard for dipping

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i don't know if that makes it any better

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the real question is pretzel crust or normal crust

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've never had a pretzel crust pizza, but it's something I'd probably try.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i would eat the hot dog pizza if someone else ordered it for reasons. otherwise i would rather just use the stomach real estate for more cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

time to order space a cubic meter of velveeta