Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
yeah the New Orleans contraflow is loving me up hard

2020 was god damned quaint; pastoral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Isentropy posted:

I think it's gonna be a fully academic matter as to what businesses do by, say, Thanksgiving

:agreed:

Also priorities lol

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Fake news. It was actually Maynard who told her this. He want on to say that he "found some kind of temporary sanity in this poo poo blood and cum" on his hands

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

say your prayers
eat your paste
dont you mind the taste
it was made for a maaaaare

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 28, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

what’d it say

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Buck Wildman posted:

your body is a roguelike

that doesn't even scan you hack, you fool

- pyf quotes

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

yep

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Casey Finnigan posted:

how in the absolute gently caress is terrebonne parish under mandatory evacuation when NOLA is right loving next to them and they won't evacuate. WHY

All I know is I’m going to find out if I can get shitfaced easier now that I can’t taste the alcohol.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

what’d it say

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1431370118420959240

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The Saucer Hovers posted:

say your prayers
eat your paste
dont you mind the taste
it was made for a maaaaare

I ain't eating no she-horse paste, let me know when they start selling a version for MEN

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Have they tried seating kids 3 feet apart in schools?

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm too lazy to Google contraflow but why exactly is it they've given up on evacuating new orleans or whatever?

Completely unrelated but the past month or so was the first time I've ever gotten phone tornado warnings where I live (north NJ) telling me to immediately head to a basement or whatever. The four or so times it's happened I looked it up and the potential tornado was either already north of me (my weather cell clips upwards I guess) or just not a thing and I did literally nothing about it. So I've definitely learned to ignore NJ tornado warnings because lol tornados in NJ. (please quote this when one magically demolishes me in my house. tldr though I can see why human nature is to ignore weather warnings)

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Casey Finnigan posted:

I just have a hard time believing that there is such a loving consensus of "horrible poo poo is happening, let's let it happen, whatever, gently caress it."

u fool

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Contraflow is reversing highway lanes.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
In what scenario are you going to have more than 36 hours to prepare when you need to reverse the highway lanes?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Clocks posted:

I'm too lazy to Google contraflow but why exactly is it they've given up on evacuating new orleans or whatever?

It's setting up all traffic to be directed out of the city no matter what direction the road is marked for, you do it to quickly get everyone out and save as many lives as you can but *sucking noise through teeth* sounds like a lotta work

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Substandard posted:

In what scenario are you going to have more than 36 hours to prepare when you need to reverse the highway lanes?

This is a pretty fast moving hurricane I think

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Clocks posted:

She made some good youtube videos in the past but has gotten into trouble with her views on transmedicalism and truscum, combined with an overfocus on "internet cancel culture" as it relates to receiving backlash on said regressive opinions

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
It's a super fast moving hurricane which is why you should move mountains to get everyone out. Get every loving cop to redirect traffic if you have to. Make them earn their god drat wage.

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!
All the state troopers are in the hospital connected to vents so there's nobody to manage the freeways sorry.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

my body my choice

[[Swiss cheese lungs get flooded with sea water]]

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

not much what's contraflow with you

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Truniht posted:

RIP New Orleans

I think it’s gonna be gone for real this time

New Orleans is just going to have to learn to live in the ocean

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Well. One good thing about covid is it absolutely has torn idiot cops up so less cops will be left alive after Ida to hunt black people.

I am in fact handing it to covid here.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They'll just replace them with ever dumber, fatter racists that had their brains ruined by horse paste.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler
When I evacuated for Katrina even with contraflow (which is pretty rad btw) it took 8 hours for us to go the 40 miles away we drove.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1431414715440373763

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

now, as they are decimated and fearful, my time to seize the crown of Boss Hog is nigh

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nodelphi posted:

When I evacuated for Katrina even with contraflow (which is pretty rad btw) it took 8 hours for us to go the 40 miles away we drove.

whats google traffic showing over there at the moment?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Died with failed levees not of failed levees

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Koirhor posted:

1.5 hours to baton rouge, no idea if that's far enough (81 miles west or so)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Casey Finnigan posted:

if it's too late to evacuate everyone why is the plan to just give up instead of evacuating as many as possible lmao what in the gently caress

it's 2021, we're all supposed to just die already, c'mon man

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

skewetoo posted:

:agreed:

Also priorities lol

Sweet, another Canuck in the good covid chat.

Gotta think there are dozens of us.

DOZENS!

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler

Koirhor posted:

Only showing about 30 min more of traffic than usual, the big traffic will start tomorrow.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Holy poo poo. What a time to be alive. We are going to have cascading failures and the news will never report any of it. Like is all the insane doomer predictions from last March finally coming true?!?!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/pnQOhl2.mp4

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Holy poo poo. What a time to be alive. We are going to have cascading failures and the news will never report any of it.

Heckuva job, Walensky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1431368436853116932

your government is killing you and then everyone else