Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

McNugget Buddy posted:

Maybe the White House is delaying boosters to 8 months because they know by the time everyone's eligible, the infrastructure to administer them will be completely collapsed

"Just wait a few more months. I know your Rite Aid is on fire and half your family died. Smile!"

it's gross to offer third boosters over actual containment measures. I'm assuming this is to protect their voting base just for midterms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
gently caress ya post man with the hookup today. gonna spend the rest of my weekend getting DRENCHED

lets loving goooooooooooooooooooooo

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
sippin that mectin 's got me thinkin

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Biowarfare posted:

Sounds like a new category for grifters, photoshop

what so just because i can only afford to rent a horse i'm not allowed to buy life-saving medicine? this is nothing less than state sponsored violence against the vulnerable horseless population.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
gonna dose this longpig, gonna fix these brainworms :angel:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm getting tested tomorrow because I feel like poo poo. I'm going to the University of Washington site that's now a tiny little walk up parking lot. It still had a note that it'll be closed on football game days lol.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gravid Topiary posted:

what so just because i can only afford to rent a horse i'm not allowed to buy life-saving medicine? this is nothing less than state sponsored violence against the vulnerable horseless population.

Couldn't chip in the extra $20 on your horse rental for the photo service?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Gravid Topiary posted:

Don't worry, I predict we're less than a week away from "take a picture with my horse for $20" schemes

edit: beaten lmao. this is definitely doing to happen

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Please, sir. My horse is very sick. *shows photo of me and Pinkie Pie edited in*

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ram dass in hell posted:

therapist: great work no longer responding to objectively terrible things with "lol. lmao."
me: we love to see it folks

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

Couldn't chip in the extra $20 on your horse rental for the photo service?

you know how rental horses are, it's hard to hide the big U-HORSE logo stenciled on their sides.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

my boyfriend said both the manager and the assistant manager for the hospital floor he works on are quitting lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Delta-Wye posted:

gently caress ya post man with the hookup today. gonna spend the rest of my weekend getting DRENCHED

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if you actually were taking that.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Can navy ships tolerate a hurricane? I can't believe we aren't seeing poo poo start anchoring in the gulf in prep for this loving nightmare that is about to unfold.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
hmmm chuds are gonna resort to stealing horses while poo poo runs down their leg. Interesting. Fascinating.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Shiroc posted:

I'm getting tested tomorrow because I feel like poo poo. I'm going to the University of Washington site that's now a tiny little walk up parking lot. It still had a note that it'll be closed on football game days lol.

You might be lucky and be negative as there is def some other bug going around that everyone thinks is covid but isn't.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Soap Scum posted:

if anyone can get gradenko's attention [i don't have pms :( ] and point to this post, it would be hugely appreciated. my nurse friend in manila who has a congenital heart condition that makes her very scared of contracting covid is trying to get a more comfortable respirator than the 3M 6200 and i'm curious if he has advice on where is a reliable place to get something good/quickly/not price-gouged for someone there.

if anyone else reading this happens to be there too or somehow know anyway, also very appreciated. thanks all

If gradenko can't source you some then try https://www.zoro.com, but note that to ship internationally from them you would need to setup a https://www.myus.com account.

It worked quite well for me once I had created the MyUS account. It had a built-in search for Zoro, I pasted the description of the item, it found it and then I just confirmed quantity etc.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

300 lb chud in a mobility scooter: as you can see from the photo, I am an avid horseman

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lastgirl posted:

*watching covid toll climb*

STOP THE COUNT

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

An 88-year-old professor resigned on the spot after a student he asked to wear a mask refused to wear it properly. The state won't let him enforce a mask rule, so after he explained his age and health conditions and she still refused, he said "I'm retired" and walked out the door.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Can't wait for the misuse of horse paste to somehow lead to super ringworm.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

We should start prosecuting stuff like this.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/27/health/teacher-covid-students/index.html

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 28, 2021

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

thank you to all three!

for kreeblah and kalensc, what was the shipping time like (and what country are you in)? and helith thank you so much :)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

zoro.com sells respirators from the 3M HF-800SD series pretty cheaply. They took a couple days to ship my order of filter cartridges, though.

they're trying to get stuff shipped to the philippines

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Zurtilik posted:

Can't wait for the misuse of horse paste to somehow lead to super ringworm.

Ringworm is a fungus, ivermectin primarily treats intestinal helminth parasites

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Double post

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Right-wingers advertising fraud medicine has been around for decades. We're about to see colloidal silver make a comeback and it'll be suggested by Fox News pundits.

ah the colloidal silver linings playbook

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Yes. You're right. Well uhh... Hookworm?!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

cr0y posted:

You might be lucky and be negative as there is def some other bug going around that everyone thinks is covid but isn't.

Hopefully but if it comes back positive I'm going to be a tremendous bitch to my 'you can't judge people's actions during covid, anyway its over' friends.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Delta-Wye posted:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I just found a surgical mask in a desk drawer and put it on for novelty, and my god how do people live like this. All my breath is going straight into my eyes and my face is getting sweaty and there is just no seal of any kind. Getting into elastomerics was such a good choice

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Don't worry, I predict we're less than a week away from "take a picture with my horse for $20" schemes

$20 during this economy? i know a guy can do basically the same thing for $5

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Chamale posted:

An 88-year-old professor resigned on the spot after a student he asked to wear a mask refused to wear it properly. The state won't let him enforce a mask rule, so after he explained his age and health conditions and she still refused, he said "I'm retired" and walked out the door.

drat. good for that dude.

quote:

“At that point I said that whereas I had risked my life to defend my country while in the Air Force, I was not willing to risk my life to teach a class with an unmasked student during this Pandemic,” Bernstein said in an email to The Red & Black. “I then resigned my retiree-rehire position.”

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

durrneez posted:

drat. good for that dude.

i hope the other students have the rouge mask less student poo poo, but they probably just shrugged and wandered off

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
david chase having to rework the sopranos for 2021 by having tony go into a coma because he could no longer cure his covid with ivermectin because pie o my was dead

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Soap Scum posted:

thank you to all three!

for kreeblah and kalensc, what was the shipping time like (and what country are you in)? and helith thank you so much :)

I ordered some filters (my only order with them so far) on August 12th, and they arrived a week later. I'm in the US, though (near Seattle). I didn't realize you were looking for overseas shipping. Looks like you would need to use a reshipper if you want to get stuff from them outside of the US. :(

Shear Modulus posted:

they're trying to get stuff shipped to the philippines

Well, poo poo. My reading comprehension is apparently poo poo today. I missed the part about Manila.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Thesaurus posted:

i hope the other students have the rouge mask less student poo poo, but they probably just shrugged and wandered off

did u read the article

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Soap Scum posted:

thank you to all three!

Hmm, let's see. Order was placed on the 18th, the shipment from Zoro to MyUS completed yesterday, and it's due to arrive here (Montréal, Canada) from there (Florida) between the 31st and Sept. 3rd.

I tossed in a 10lb order to the Philippines into the shipping estimator and it listed 52USD for economy 5-10 days and 75ish for UPS 1-4 days.

Hope this proves useful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Thesaurus posted:

a follow up tweet/post from it seemed to suggest everybody had to get moved to an 8 in the morning session so its very likely they were killed