Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Salt Fish posted:

Democrats are professional fundraisers who never wanted to be in charge of anything but couldn't help failing-up. They're happy to take advantage of minorities dying as long as that remains the path of least resistance, but I don't believe that they would decide to use coronavirus as a bioweapon against the underclasses.

Not because of some moral issue though, I just don't believe they're capable of making a decision and then following through.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1431418349460852739?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Salt Fish posted:

Democrats are professional fundraisers who never wanted to be in charge of anything but couldn't help failing-up. They're happy to take advantage of minorities dying as long as that remains the path of least resistance, but I don't believe that they would decide to use coronavirus as a bioweapon against the underclasses.

Not because of some moral issue though, I just don't believe they're capable of making a decision and then following through.

I'm not really sure if it matters. Government would probably be incompetent at handling a genocide of US citizens on purpose as they would through the incompetent mass negligent homicide of US citizens.

I honestly think less people would die if the government was trying to kill people on purpose than not.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

Nodelphi posted:

So I know I’ve brought this up before, but it’s one of my worst memories.

Imagine you’re at a hospital that has lost power, the generators are out, you’ve got nothing, not even phones. Your vents aren’t working and you are bagging patients. You are doing this in very dim light, no monitors, only the slight squeak of the bag as you squeeze, you’re tired and you just want to stop but you can’t. You hear moaning and crying coming from down the hall but you can’t help, you can’t even step out for a second.

You can’t really stop to check your patient’s blood pressure but you can still feel a thready pulse. Your patient was on medication drips but those have now been left to drip in slowly because you can’t infuse the medications. You feel the tension in your patient’s lungs and realize you’ve let your nerves get to you and you’ve bagged too fast. You seek calm, keep bagging, slow and steady. Pulse remains slow and faint. This could last days.

That’s bagging someone in the aftermath of a hurricane and it’s awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcxC-Ol07Ok&t=1319s

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Salt Fish posted:

Democrats are about keeping the big corporations running while using a thin blanket of progressivism. Republicans are the same but with a solid layer of hyper Christian fundamentalism instead.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Sorry, Bernie is still good no human can be so cynical to doubt him and keep their humanity.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
nm this tweet is 10 days old

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Bernie Spreaders

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

KaptainKrunk posted:

curve will flatten, decline a little, and then rip in late october/november

Makes sense. Seems the pattern at the local college is they can get people to follow semi-lockdown in the dorms for about a month but then it's loving on.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Biowarfare posted:

Sounds like a new category for grifters, photoshop

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Schnorkles posted:

CNN will spend the next few days talking about the biggest disaster ever is the forever ending as climate change assists in the murder of thousands of souls.

jfc what a country

We're in the total systemic collapse phase now. Disasters just coming too fast and hard at this point, and there's no slack anywhere to absorb them.

If you're lucky enough to live in a pretty resilient part of the country you get to ignore it for a while longer. If not, welp.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Biowarfare posted:

Ah my driver's license was about to expire. Time to bring Pumpkin to the DMV with me and kill two birds with a stone!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Oh my god I just realized that if you die, you die in real lilfe

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

if anyone can get gradenko's attention [i don't have pms :( ] and point to this post, it would be hugely appreciated. my nurse friend in manila who has a congenital heart condition that makes her very scared of contracting covid is trying to get a more comfortable respirator than the 3M 6200 and i'm curious if he has advice on where is a reliable place to get something good/quickly/not price-gouged for someone there.

if anyone else reading this happens to be there too or somehow know anyway, also very appreciated. thanks all

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Biowarfare posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lacrosse posted:

I got curious so I looked up abandoned Katrina facilities and found this:

:coolzone:

proof the world was designed to be posted about

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

water is wet, the sky is blue when it's not on fire, and anyone with a grade school level knowledge of how vaccines work can and have called that this would happen in this thread since they announced the vaccines didn't give sterilizing immunity a year ago

loving gently caress gently caress

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Soap Scum posted:

if anyone can get gradenko's attention [i don't have pms :( ] and point to this post, it would be hugely appreciated. my nurse friend in manila who has a congenital heart condition that makes her very scared of contracting covid is trying to get a more comfortable respirator than the 3M 6200 and i'm curious if he has advice on where is a reliable place to get something good/quickly/not price-gouged for someone there.

if anyone else reading this happens to be there too or somehow know anyway, also very appreciated. thanks all

zoro.com sells respirators from the 3M HF-800SD series pretty cheaply. They took a couple days to ship my order of filter cartridges, though.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nocturtle posted:

This is a little sad, just accept your honest plumber + water treatment engineer does far more to ensure public health than any doctor while being compensated far less. There's no shame admitting it.

Plus if we're going to play that game note the ghouls living in NYC's financial district are literally 100% vaccinated and that's not stellar company. Not hyperbole, look it up it's 100%.

cool a bunch of poo poo nobody talked about great take

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this guy bowed out of the primaries so people who wanted to vote for him wouldn’t get sick, and shits probably worse than it was then

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lol yeah good luck with that buddy

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salt Fish posted:

100% true
also 100% applies to the entire American political class regardless of party

American democracy is a loving joke, and Americans themselves are selfish, individualist, garbage humans who don't understand the harm they've caused to the rest of the world for the last century and don't give a poo poo either

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

"The study included data on 8,682 Covid-19 patients in England who were infected with the Delta variant and 34,656 infected with the Alpha variant. Across both groups, most of the patients -- 74% -- were unvaccinated"

how many were vaccinated prior to getting covid?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Right-wingers advertising fraud medicine has been around for decades. We're about to see colloidal silver make a comeback and it'll be suggested by Fox News pundits.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Paradoxish posted:

We're in the total systemic collapse phase now. Disasters just coming too fast and hard at this point, and there's no slack anywhere to absorb them.

If you're lucky enough to live in a pretty resilient part of the country you get to ignore it for a while longer. If not, welp.

therapist: great work no longer responding to objectively terrible things with "lol. lmao."
me: we love to see it folks

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Right-wingers advertising fraud medicine has been around for decades. We're about to see colloidal silver make a comeback and it'll be suggested by Fox News pundits.

The fact that the FDA doesn't come down on these assholes like a ton of bricks is yet another indictment of our failed loving state.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Where do I see the actual death count for Florida? Worldometers shows like, 8 or 9 a day lol

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

they are already doing colloidal silver nebulizers now iirc

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

ram dass in hell posted:

therapist: great work no longer responding to objectively terrible things with "lol. lmao."
me: we love to see it folks

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Soap Scum posted:

I sent gradenko a pm for you

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

bleak

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

getting pretty worried about the covid case numbers in my city, auckland!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Grey Fox posted:

good lord I totally forgot about that whole sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXeV5cqb_3Y

unintentional by the actor playing the vet, but tracheal manipulation makes the dog cough if they have tracheobronchitis (kennel cough).

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Right on time, gotta find a way to raise gas prices

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

So loving cursed lol

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe the White House is delaying boosters to 8 months because they know by the time everyone's eligible, the infrastructure to administer them will be completely collapsed

"Just wait a few more months. I know your Rite Aid is on fire and half your family died. Smile!"

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I've been tracking the latest Aussie outbreaks on this site which has loads of great info

https://www.covid19data.com.au/

I've been keeping an eye on the Reff (effective reproduction) number which is supplied by this guy

https://twitter.com/profesterman/status/1431428665301094401

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
Malicious negligence leading to mass death under capitalism requires no real forethought because that's what the system does as a matter of course. It's part of how the system externalizes risks and costs. The "plans" are all about ways to exploit this dynamic.

Bathtub Cheese fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 28, 2021