Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jeff Cobb was on Jericho two years ago and talked about his failed WWE try out

“Rich Swann, No Way Jose, and Montez Ford were all in my [tryout] class,”When I was doing a check-in, I looked down and saw a clipboard and it had ‘Athletes’ and “Indie Workers.’ I was like, ‘Come on. I was in the Olympics.’ I was under Indie workers. The former football players and CrossFit guys were under athletes. You’d be surprised how many former NFL players can’t do a forward roll.”

Let the record show WWE passed on Jeff Cobb for No Way Jose.

And now they're only looking for non-wrestler athletes. This is the eye for talent they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“Indie Workers” is just WWE-speak for “short” so that list makes 100% sense

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

WWE never stopped piping in crowd noise after leaving the Thunderdome.

Just seemed more obvious than usual.

I haven't watched any WWE since WM36, so yeah, I guess it was a case of "loving hell, was it always this obvious?"

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

it would be extremely funny if brock never showed up again

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think they're going to put the "yes" chant onto bianca bel air since it will get popular again in wrestling very shortly.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
what the poo poo hell does "the EST of WWE" mean

thats worse than the old matt morgan "DNA of TNA" bullshit that scott steiner rightfully eviscerated during the height of steinermania

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ad by Khad posted:

thats worse than the old matt morgan "DNA of TNA" bullshit that scott steiner rightfully eviscerated during the height of steinermania

It’s a superlative, OP

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Corbin should beat Roman, which is why he won't

tbh I expect E to cash in on Lashley at Extreme Rules after he beats (who is Lashley building to now? Lmao) and then he'll move to Raw and lose to Corbin

actually, you know what? If they do move E and Corbin to Raw, and TND isn't immediately moved to Smackdown in response, I expect E to join back up with Xavier and Kofi, to which they should just call up Grimes and Knight as Corbin's lackeys (because NXT doesn't matter) and call themselves uhhh The Martingales

e: why am I fantasy booking this sodding company when I know they will do nothing like this

Venomous fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 28, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ad by Khad posted:

It means she's the fastest, the strongest, the toughest, the hottest, the finest (sorry Kona) etc etc

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Yest

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

e: why am I fantasy booking this sodding company when I know they will do nothing like this

I can very much see them giving up on the Big E singles-only push and just putting New Day back together, regardless of how Big E's briefcase situation ends up for him

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Rarity posted:

It means she's the fastest, the strongest, the toughest, the hottest, the finest (sorry Kona) etc etc

The sufferingest of suckatashest

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Ad by Khad posted:

Matt Morgan earned that nickname by having his semen launched into space for aliens to find

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Chris James 2 posted:

I can very much see them giving up on the Big E singles-only push and just putting New Day back together, regardless of how Big E's briefcase situation ends up for him

A Big E, (allowed to be the big ol' slab of meaty charisma that we all know him to be), vs Happy Corbin feud could conceivably be a good time.

But it's WWE, so on the other hand there are a thousand ways they can gently caress it up.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
LoL at the Jeff Cobb try out story.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

WWE's high standards for athletes remind me of seeing those choosing beggar posts on FB Marketplace. Looking for the next John Cena or Batista when they almost fired Cena for not being over and didn't respect Batista when he was on the verge of becoming another huge Hollywood star so only gave him a feud with Triple H. Had The Rock come back to put over his cousin who got booed out of the arena that night.

But it's Jeff Cobb's fault for being on the indies a couple years and not being 6'4 I guess

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
WWE had a gigantic muscleman who was entirely a product of their developmental system in Braun and they fired him because they have a guy slightly taller on their roster now

edit: thought this was interesting

https://twitter.com/notKHRIS/status/1431417278717956097

Seams fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 28, 2021

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Seams posted:

WWE had a gigantic muscleman who was entirely a product of their developmental system in Braun and they fired him because they have a guy slightly taller on their roster now
No reason to pay the broken down tall guy with no knees 7 figures when you can pay the taller guy only 5

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
We need a comprehensive list of WWE big muscle men to check their hit rate.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Tampa Bae posted:

Matt Morgan earned that nickname by having his semen launched into space for aliens to find

"they shot his DNA out the moon? for what? all they're gonna find is a piece of poo poo when they go find it again"

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

it was a stupid idea to break them up in the first place

E could have been the designated singles guy of The New Day. Hell, he still can be, but this company is garbage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the continual shittening of nxt is the best story wwe have done in years

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Breaking up the New Day was always a test / calling their "we'll quit if you break us up" bluff.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

The squashedest.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Breaking up the New Day was always a test / calling their "we'll quit if you break us up" bluff.

I mean, it was an incredibly good decision of them not to do a Big E heel turn, or to end The New Day as a whole, because it opened up the possibility of a reunion in kayfabe, so if Xavier and Kofi had retired, they'd be seen as the aggressors in the situation. 'We haven't broken you up! You're still together, you're just on different shows!'

Scummy company tbh.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Seams posted:

edit: thought this was interesting

https://twitter.com/notKHRIS/status/1431417278717956097

Wasn't the initial reveal of their current WWE logo also slightly off-center?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"We're no longer hiring trained graphic designers, we're more interested in people who have the star look, we'll train them up in the house style"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Well she lost the title the fastest, that's for sure.

Hottest and finest is subjective, you can't measure that :colbert:

She's strong af tho.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tampa Bae posted:

I prefer Matt Morgan being the Cant Miss Prospect after being in the business a decade

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Well she lost the title the fastest, that's for sure.

Hottest and finest is subjective, you can't measure that :colbert:

She's strong af tho.

Do you think stone cold is really a rattlesnake or triple h is an actual game. Do you ever get upset at the rocks lack of electric powers

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

Do you think stone cold is really a rattlesnake or triple h is an actual game. Do you ever get upset at the rocks lack of electric powers

Sometimes, yeah.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

That DICK! posted:

No because rock types are immune to electric.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I gotta respect Edge's commitment to sharpening his own face with a carbon file. Live the gimmick.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
so, bianca had to win a match for a shot at the championship somewhere down the road?

doesnt she get an automatic championship rematch?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They stopped doing that cause it was a crutch that allowed them to book the same match every week for 4 months so now they just do that without the automatic title rematch instead

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Rarity posted:

They stopped doing that cause it was a crutch that allowed them to book the same match every week for 4 months so now they just do that without the automatic title rematch instead

It gives them an extra week of bullshit by forcing the champion earn back the rematch. Thank God they keep 40 writers or whatever on the payroll for these complex story twists and turns.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"We're no longer hiring trained graphic designers, we're more interested in people who have the star look, we'll train them up in the house style"

We look for the people with the best looking hands and will teach them to draw for us

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man this meme is so old they usin flip phones

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You think you can afford a smartphone on an NXT deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DEAR RICHARD posted:

so, bianca had to win a match for a shot at the championship somewhere down the road?

doesnt she get an automatic championship rematch?

Digital Jedi posted:

Carmella hasn't won since 6/4
Zelina hasn't won at all
Liv hasn't won since 7/2

These 3 were demanding Bianca get to the back of the line.