Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I need the Luchas to go over. let's wrap this up.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bodyslamnet/status/1431423860994367490?s=21

SRS has also been teasing this for a bit, but yeah

"Get his first appearance out of the way/in front of a crowd while you know you can, and in front of a crowd you already know/tested will be hot for something like this (see how they just reacted with Punk)" being the reason, and a great and understandable one at that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, at this point I'd be tugging my shirt for shirts that happen later in September.

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!
I just wonder how they'd book Danielson to debut at All Out. There isn't a men's battle royale, is there?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Mystery tag partner for Archer (sorry King)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Puppy Doll posted:

I just wonder how they'd book Danielson to debut at All Out. There isn't a men's battle royale, is there?

Interrupt Kenny’s retain celebration moment if Hangman is still away

“Debut” doesn’t need to mean match, as we saw with Punk showing up in Chicago last week

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Video package plays during the deconstruction of the cage, slowly turns from hyping up Grand Slam into Final Countdown. Danielson arrives and announces he's scouting talent to wrestle at Grand Slam, teases babyfaces and heels before settling on someone. (??? Wardlow?)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

Video package plays during the deconstruction of the cage, slowly turns from hyping up Grand Slam into Final Countdown. Danielson arrives and announces he's scouting talent to wrestle at Grand Slam, teases babyfaces and heels before settling on someone. (??? Wardlow?)

Sting.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

drat tony give this guy the book then immediately take it away from him

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
he’s gonna beat britt baker in 15 seconds with 2 moves & win the championship

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

karmicknight posted:

My own personal fantasy booking was Miro going into Grand Slam with an open TNT challenge, walks out, gives a “nobody wants to challenge me” promo boom “Final Countdown” hits.

If they’re worried the surprise won’t hold I get it, but we’ll see.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I read speculation that AEW's worried about the Delta strain putting everything into lockdown again and don't want a repeat of Brodie and Matt Hardy.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

fez_machine posted:

I read speculation that AEW's worried about the Delta strain putting everything into lockdown again and don't want a repeat of Brodie and Matt Hardy.

I read WWE was afraid of that for SummerSlam and that they're preparing to go back to the ThunderDome if need be.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We're not getting a nation-wide lockdown again because both presidents are dumb, but yeah both companies don't think (and have reason to not think) touring's gonna be an active thing for long at the moment, and have at least looked into plans for that

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Puppy Doll posted:

give him the ol' NXT spot: show him front row between matches so the crowd goes apeshit

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just lol if you think there will be more lockdowns, nobody in power has the guts to enforce another one and the public definitely won't follow it this time. They brought back mask mandates and are fast-tracking the booster shot and will pretend that will finally fix things this time. But really, we're just gonna normalize COVID like we normalized every other lovely thing in this country.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Benne posted:

Just lol if you think there will be more lockdowns, nobody in power has the guts to enforce another one and the public definitely won't follow it this time. They brought back mask mandates and are fast-tracking the booster shot and will pretend that will finally fix things this time. But really, we're just gonna normalize COVID like we normalized every other lovely thing in this country.
Outside of NYC most of the places that had mandatory mask mandates or total lockdowns (In the USA, especially in the South) never even bothered to enforce them to begin with so it was just small businesses closing and getting p much no support over it.

Now that people have gotten the taste of FREEDOM back, the only way we'll ever hit a true lockdown in the USA is if Darwanism takes over and there's nobody left to protest.

And I'll admit it was nice to see crowds back but it's probably incredibly risky to have fans back post All-Out/Summerslam

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm curious if they'll add a Malakai Black match to the card. I presume he'll run through Big Shotty on Dynamite or Rampage next week, and then gets Dustin at the PPV to close out the feud. Otherwise maybe he attacks someone after their match to start a new feud?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

yeah, I suspect they'll close out the PPV with Danielson. They did it for Mox, after all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I'm curious if they'll add a Malakai Black match to the card. I presume he'll run through Big Shotty on Dynamite or Rampage next week, and then gets Dustin at the PPV to close out the feud. Otherwise maybe he attacks someone after their match to start a new feud?

If they wanna get to an even-10 matches for the main card he can get a squash in. Card's stacked

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Tampa Bae posted:

Outside of NYC most of the places that had mandatory mask mandates or total lockdowns (In the USA, especially in the South) never even bothered to enforce them to begin with so it was just small businesses closing and getting p much no support over it.

Now that people have gotten the taste of FREEDOM back, the only way we'll ever hit a true lockdown in the USA is if Darwanism takes over and there's nobody left to protest.

And I'll admit it was nice to see crowds back but it's probably incredibly risky to have fans back post All-Out/Summerslam

It's been incredibly risky to have fans back for at least a month, but as mentioned before they're not going anywhere, best case scenario these arenas that mostly have mask mandates actually start enforcing them on the audience, seeing an ~80% maskless crowd every week is getting more than a little concerning

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Venomous posted:

yeah, I suspect they'll close out the PPV with Danielson. They did it for Mox, after all.

So Omega is the last match on the card? I was tempted to think that Punk might go last, given it’s his hometown.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think maybe cm punk/darby opens the show

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

So Omega is the last match on the card? I was tempted to think that Punk might go last, given it’s his hometown.

Title match is defo closing the event.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cage match might close it for logistical purposes

e: Steel not Christian or Brian

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

Your top title should, with extremely few exceptions (such as logistical purposes, as noted), always main event a big show and "it's someone's hometown" is not one of those.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it doesn't really matter all that much imo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m thinking they may do something cinematic with Black and Cody to make time for setting up the cage.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Jericho vs MJF goes in last so the broadcast can end with the crowd chanting Thank You Jericho after losing.

Pink I would definitely put on first or you'll have people chanting for him all night.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

beggar posted:

Cage match might close it for logistical purposes

e: Steel not Christian or Brian

I'd like that. Send everyone home happy with a Lucha Bros win. Nobody is going to care about Christian losing in the main event

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Your top title should, with extremely few exceptions (such as logistical purposes, as noted), always main event a big show and "it's someone's hometown" is not one of those.

"CM Punk's first match in 7 years" is absolutely one of those exceptions. It's a one night only event on the level of Joe vs Kobashi.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It absolutely is not an exception and at worst emulates in excess Cena v Rock going on last diminishing the title and running risks of the match could suck.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It’s not one night only in the same way

The punk match will absolutely wear out the crowd (or deflate them if it’s somehow bad) but the women’s division serves the breather / piss break function in AEW as it does elsewhere

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the three potential main events will all be ok if they are the main event. sorry for saying this

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Literally at the last show they did the title match before Stadium Stampede. Sure, there was a logistical reason why but there is precedence for the title match to not be the final match on the card.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

For All Outs the world title match has always main evented, so there's precedent for that too

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

Jericho vs MJF goes in last so the broadcast can end with the crowd chanting Thank You Jericho after losing.

Pink I would definitely put on first or you'll have people chanting for him all night.

By the way, which one's Pink?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Logistically, the tag titles are either first or last, I imagine.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

If any tag title match has the standing to main event over the world title (I think there are plenty in this company), it's the Young Bucks and Lucha Bros in a cage match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

By the way, which one's Pink?

The most famous aeriel gymnast/pop star in the world! What a coup for AEW to scoop her up for this show.