Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Bryan Cranstons deadbeat dad is a soldier who gets killed in The Beginning of the End

I forgot what thread I was in and briefly thought you were making a joke about Godzilla 2014 and I couldn't figure out *how*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Mel Torme and Paul Anka in the same movie!

Oh gently caress I forgot I love this one. Tomorrow!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

both of the Mamie Van Doren movies they did involved her going to jail :thunk:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

does jack palance count? joe estevez? the illustrious donald pleasance?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

ernest borgnine? james earl jones? christopher lee? mccloud!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Bela Lugosi's brother, Shemp Lugosi.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The princess from Deathstalker 3 was trumps ambassador to somewhere and I think is running for office.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Does anything really "star" Joe Estevez?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I had never seen Catalina Caper before. What a god drat bizarre movie, it felt like they had maybe half a movie and then just stretched it out to 90 minutes and stopped. Traditionally scripts should have some kind of logical progression but this just kinda meandered around for an hour and a half before ending.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I had never seen Catalina Caper before. What a god drat bizarre movie, it felt like they had maybe half a movie and then just stretched it out to 90 minutes and stopped. Traditionally scripts should have some kind of logical progression but this just kinda meandered around for an hour and a half before ending.

I feel like this is a normal progression for most beach movies but I've only ever looked at a small sample size.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the illustrious donald pleasance?

My name is Pleasance and I am funky!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

60s comedy.txt. The 60s in general were an odd time in film making and they were trying out all sorts of things, and pacing got real bad sometimes. If you want to see the problems of this film on a grand scale, go watch its a mad mad mad mad mad world, which is like this, probably a bit funnier, but also over three hours long. If you think marvel movies rely too much on the 40 minute fight at the end, 60s comedies tended to do that with slapstick chase scenes. Mad world is that end of movie chase scene dragged into infinite.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Urge to know more intensifies

Zeether posted:

Was this on the newest Never Not Funny? I know he's always on there

this was in the podcast PFT does with Lauren Lapkus and Scott Aukerman, Threedom. it's paywalled on Stitcher Premium, but I think they release seasons for free a few months after the end of the season (which was this week). second to last episode of season 3, iirc.

the upshot is that they had him audition and he cracked up the woman, and then when they had him film, it was the same woman -- they had both been auditioning, and the producers hosed up and paired them again for the show. she'd already heard his entire bit and so she did not laugh.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

remusclaw posted:

60s comedy.txt. The 60s in general were an odd time in film making and they were trying out all sorts of things, and pacing got real bad sometimes. If you want to see the problems of this film on a grand scale, go watch its a mad mad mad mad mad world, which is like this, probably a bit funnier, but also over three hours long. If you think marvel movies rely too much on the 40 minute fight at the end, 60s comedies tended to do that with slapstick chase scenes. Mad world is that end of movie chase scene dragged into infinite.

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World was my favorite movie when I was about ten, but even back then, I knew it was too long for its own good.

As for other famous people in MST movies, The Giant Spider Invasion has Alan "The Skipper from Gilligan" Hale Jr. And of course The Magic Sword has Gary Lockwood, Estelle Winwood, and "an embarrassed Basil Rathbone". (Rathbone is my second-favorite Sherlock Holmes, he's surpassed only by Jeremy Brett.)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Christopher Lee in Fu Manchu and Raul Julia in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

While not from the west, Sonny Chiba and Chikao Ohtsuka (who played and was the Japanese voice of Krankor from Prince of Space) were pretty well known actors in Japan as well.

All of the above are sadly no longer with us

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 28, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rock Hudson, Mia Farrow, Lovejoy Ian MacShane, Ann Margaret, El Santo, Peter Graves, David Warner, Peter Cushing, Lee Majors, Ron Howard, Beau Bridges, Lee Van Cleef, Roddy McDowell, Michael Landon, and Graham Greene.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
KRANKOR

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Caesar Romero

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larryb posted:

Christopher Lee in Fu Manchu and Raul Julia in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

While not from the west, Sonny Chiba and Chikao Ohtsuka (who played and was the Japanese voice of Krankor from Prince of Space) were pretty well known actors in Japan as well.

All of the above are sadly no longer with us

It retrospect it's somewhat amazing Christopher Lee only appears once in MST3K.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It retrospect it's somewhat amazing Christopher Lee only appears once in MST3K.

Hammer Horror wouldn't give licensing maybe?
As there are some awful ones that could be riffed on.

Also anyone watching the Mindless Summer live events on the MST3K YT channel?
Found it last night for first time, and its excellent watching them talk and discuss episodes.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Wynona!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Let’s not forget HBO prestige show director Timothy Van Patten.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In regards to Catalina Caper, what else notable has/had Tommy Kirk been in (the episode talks as if the audience should be at least somewhat familiar with his career)?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Larryb posted:

In regards to Catalina Caper, what else notable has/had Tommy Kirk been in (the episode talks as if the audience should be at least somewhat familiar with his career)?

He was an early 60s teen heart throb who mostly appeared in Disney stuff.

Edit: he was later fired from Disney when it came out he was gay.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 28, 2021

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yup, it's an even weirder movie for someone like me who has a deep and intimate connection with the movie's primary location, I should do a post going over all the specific parts of the island they visit and such

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ballz posted:

He was an early 60s teen heart throb who mostly appeared in Disney stuff.

Edit: he was later fired from Disney when it came out he was gay.

Looking him up, he’s apparently still alive too though his last acting role was in 2001.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Here's a good one: How man Academy Award winners in MST movies? Palance, Hackman, Ron Howard (for directing) jump to mind.

Larryb posted:

Old Yeller is probably the most famous of his child roles. Swiss Family Robinson too. He did a bunch of old Disney movies.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What MST movie(s) has Ron Howard directed?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Larryb posted:

He was in a movie as a kid. Village of the Giants.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Johnny Walker posted:

Here's a good one: How man Academy Award winners in MST movies?

Hell, one of the MOVIES is an Oscar winner -- Space Travelers (original title Marooned) won best visual effects.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Larryb posted:

None, but he acts in Village of the Giants.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

muscles like this! posted:

He was in a movie as a kid. Village of the Giants.

With Catalina Caper star Tommy Kirk no less!

remusclaw posted:

go watch its a mad mad mad mad mad world, which is like this, probably a bit funnier, but also over three hours long.

It's legit been like 35 years since I saw that. I've been meaning to watch it again.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think you're all forgetting a very famous star, a certain leading lady by the name of Lassie, appearing in The Painted Hills as "Shep".

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
For composers there's John Williams and Ennio Morricone; for special effects there's Willis O'Brien, Rick Baker, and Stan Winston; and for cinematography there's László Kovács and Vilmos Zsigmond.

I Am Fowl posted:

I think you're all forgetting a very famous star, a certain leading lady by the name of Lassie, appearing in The Painted Hills as "Shep".

Supposedly the Lassie in that movie was actually the original (and really a male dog named Pal).

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Rick Baker was Squirm, right? His effects work was a highlight of the movie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I Am Fowl posted:

Rick Baker was Squirm, right? His effects work was a highlight of the movie.

Incredible Melting Man

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Johnny Walker posted:

Here's a good one: How man Academy Award winners in MST movies? Palance, Hackman, Ron Howard (for directing) jump to mind.

After a quick look and including KTMA episodes: Clint Eastwood, Christopher Plummer, Shelley Winters, Henry Fonda, Ernest Borgnine, Gregory Peck, Jonathan Demme, Martin Balsam, Martin Landau, Lee Grant, Saul Bass, and Philip Yordan (writer of Cry Wilderness).

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 30, 2021

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Larryb posted:

I mean he won an Oscar for directing, but he appeared in the already mentioned Village of the Giants.

Powered Descent posted:

Hell, one of the MOVIES is an Oscar winner -- Space Travelers (original title Marooned) won best visual effects.
Did not know this!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Incredible Melting Man

I hate that one particularly because he did such a fantastic job. Those effects make me want to ralph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Inspired the melty splatter effects in Robocop, they did!