Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

those look more like mantises than goats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

The Mantises who stare at goats

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Plant MONSTER. posted:

these babies don't look like much, but my Cryptogoats are a steal at only 500k a pop! Do NOT miss out. Limited test batch.
No ring on the pink and green ones?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Strong Sauce posted:

Mantise.cx

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

what is that mantid doing to his metathorax

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Party Boat posted:

what is that mantid doing to his metathorax

"What are you doing, step-broodmate?"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

No ring on the pink and green ones?

the pink one has two white claws or w/e and a nipple instead of a butt hole and the last one is green and has a daisy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
So If I buy a bitcoin, what the hell am I supposed to do with it?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
trade it for internet drugs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mimesweeper posted:

trade it for internet drugs

cool. they cost like $40,000? a piece now. What the gently caress am I going to do with that much internet drugs?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

You could use it to pay crypto-ransom, just make sure the key isn't stored on the computer that got hacked.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

nomad2020 posted:

You could use it to pay crypto-ransom, just make sure the key isn't stored on the computer that got hacked.

lmao is that a thing that's happened

I mean of course it has but

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomad2020 posted:

Sorry, bitcoin is the dumbest loving thing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Sorry. Crypto-currency is the dumbest thing.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

lmao is that a thing that's happened

I mean of course it has but

I hope it has.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
jfc bitcoiners are the worst

https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/1427280912518025225?s=20

I'm especially sad because I met this clown at a Xmas party a few years back, and I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to wedgie this loving grifter

drk
Jan 16, 2005
oof

https://twitter.com/dantwany/status/1431377353951756290

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm especially sad because I met this clown at a Xmas party a few years back, and I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to wedgie this loving grifter

He's right, and has been right for like 10 years now lol.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

What a shock, the biggest loving idiot in the thread also agrees with the idiotic and tasteless tweet.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah BlockFi has been sucking. Hopefully Celsius doesn't collapse because they have all my internet moneys but so far so good.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

salt shakeup posted:

He's right, and has been right for like 10 years now lol.

I work for a company that helps cancer patients. Those people die in awful, tragic, slow and painful ways and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone who deserves that.

…Then you decided to paint by numbers with your own poo poo in this thread again and well, you’ve finally done something impressive, congratulations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Parkingtigers posted:

True bitcoiners have never read the history of tulips.
:wink:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i've never seen a savings account that incentivizes you to deposit less of your money with the bank

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i've never seen a savings account that incentivizes you to deposit less of your money with the bank

just buy $35000 in their name to buy bitcoin and they will give you back $1.00 every month. No way this is a scam

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

My real bank gives me a few extra % on the first $500 in my account. Literal pennies worth, but it's part of the sales pitch.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

nomad2020 posted:

My real bank gives me a few extra % on the first $500 in my account. Literal pennies worth, but it's part of the sales pitch.

They also promise not to steal your money and will get you all of it back if you asked.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

They also promise not to steal your money and will get you all of it back if you asked.

:hmmyes:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Also, they've tied themselves to the perfidious central bank to set the rate.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mooseontheloose posted:

Also, they've tied themselves to the perfidious central bank to set the rate.

that is also true, but bitcoin has no ambition to replace the central bank. They are just taking your money you dummy

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Most of the bits people do too, much less exit scamming among the real banks though.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomad2020 posted:

Most of the bits people do too, much less exit scamming among the real banks though.

Ha ha. Are you for real?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that is also true, but bitcoin has no ambition to replace the central bank. They are just taking your money you dummy

My attempt at sarcasm didn't go over here. My apologies.

My point was its everything bitcoiners hate.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Ha ha. Are you for real?

He’s not wrong. The bit people swear up and down that they are selling a total and legit coin. This is totally not a Ponzi scheme. Even as the accounts are being drained, they will continue to promise that everything is fine.

And if you were referencing the banks portion of the comments, that is probably more of an entry scam. If you read the giant contract and fine print, you can see all the fees that are going to screw you over ahead of time.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mooseontheloose posted:

My attempt at sarcasm didn't go over here. My apologies.

My point was its everything bitcoiners hate.

next time use smaller words. I ain't that smart

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Orvin posted:

He’s not wrong. The bit people swear up and down that they are selling a total and legit coin. This is totally not a Ponzi scheme. Even as the accounts are being drained, they will continue to promise that everything is fine.

did i miss something here? nomad was comparing bitcoin to the USDA insured banks and I made fun of him for it. Moose made a bad joke that I missed. What are we talking about again?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Ha ha. Are you for real?

There's been multiple notable exceptions, but most of the coin people at least pretend to be legit.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomad2020 posted:

There's been multiple notable exceptions, but most of the coin people at least pretend to be legit.

everyone who gets out of the bubble quick gets rich.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

everyone who gets out of the bubble quick gets rich.

The funny part is you think you're laying down sick burns here.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomad2020 posted:

The funny part is you think you're laying down sick burns here.

Not in the bubble. Buy me a new computer when you become a billionaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm willing to buy you a shovel to help you out.