Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Albert Lea is in Freeborn County, which is pretty much ground zero for Covid cases in this state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Grabnar posted:

My (anti-vax, covid-denying, classic pre-Alex Jones conspiracy theorist) uncle is apparently sick and refuses to get tested because of the "ethylene oxide residue in the swabs."

He sent us what he's doing to treat himself:

"The nebulizer solution is quarter cup of distilled water, quarter cup of food grade liquid hydrogen peroxide 3%, a pinch of mineralized sea salt, three drops of food grade supplemental iodine, and three drops of liquid nano silver."

:rip:

Does he have a nebulizer? I'm picturing an old white dude just mixing poo poo up on his stove, huffing the concoction from a simmering saucepan.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Why do these people not understand that covid puts 7-10% of the people who get it in the hospital and it will collapse health care systems multiple times a year?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Why do these people not understand that covid puts 7-10% of the people who get it in the hospital and it will collapse health care systems multiple times a year?

Because they think 'The West' cannot fail.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Zurtilik posted:

He then went on to inject himself with horse paste if he is to be believed.

(he is not to be believed)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Over 5000 on a Sat nice!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone in GBS who doesn't understand maths got mad enough at me to buy me my first redtext av and I genuinely love it :neckbeard:
lol awesome av

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Fix posted:

(he is not to be believed)

yeah never trust milo on anything but im gonna choose to lol at this anyway

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zeroisanumber posted:

Albert Lea is in Freeborn County, which is pretty much ground zero for Covid cases in this state.

is that where the covid landlord fled from?

e: lmao yes

https://www.kare11.com/mobile/artic...0a-ad39e2d5a715

fosborb fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 28, 2021

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/WaitingOnBiden/status/1431313866814799882

America back

Open Biden

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

skewetoo posted:

Doing some life is beautiful tactics with my soon to be first grader lmfao gently caress this world so much

PerniciousKnid posted:

You're hearing voices and writing game theory equations all over the walls?

skewetoo posted:

Was that in the movie? I don't remember.

Yes I am but also just pretending around him that everything is cool and fine and nbd

Several pages back, but

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone in GBS who doesn't understand maths got mad enough at me to buy me my first redtext av and I genuinely love it :neckbeard:

That's a badge of honor. You won SA good job

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

yeah never trust milo on anything but im gonna choose to lol at this anyway

i totally agree that milo being a habitual liar may be lying about this too, but what's the end game?

- he's admitting that getting the 'rona is pretty bad and not 'just like the flu'
- he's admitting that the magical ivermectin is not doing anything good and in fact making him worse

neither of these achieve milo's goal for existence: owning the libs

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Stolen from pyf gif

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Grabnar posted:

My (anti-vax, covid-denying, classic pre-Alex Jones conspiracy theorist) uncle is apparently sick and refuses to get tested because of the "ethylene oxide residue in the swabs."

"The nebulizer solution is quarter cup of distilled water, quarter cup of food grade liquid hydrogen peroxide 3%, a pinch of mineralized sea salt, three drops of food grade supplemental iodine, and three drops of liquid nano silver."

:hellyeah:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

i have literally never seen a serious-person projection that was periodic. mostly they immediately trend to zero(? wtc mate) sometimes they go haywire and go vertical (closer!) and very occasionally they will make a reasonable hump before going back down - but always eventually to zero :tinfoil:

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Zisky posted:

The Dale Gribblification of America.

You're not far off.

I'm hearing this all secondhand as I've personally :sever: that side of the family because they're all nuts.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1431695857980747780

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1431694797060853762?s=20

Here's a Twitter thread I just made using HHS data on staffing shortages and ICU Occupancy now and expected. I turned the data into color-coded maps for everyones pleasure.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Wow, doomer much? Biden has all of our various crises, such as Afghanistan and gun violence, totally handled! Go outside and touch grass, look at everyone’s beautiful smiles!

Leaving Afghanistan is good actually, can't credibly lump it in with that other poo poo

lol

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Pillowpants posted:

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1431694797060853762?s=20

Here's a Twitter thread I just made using HHS data on staffing shortages and ICU Occupancy now and expected. I turned the data into color-coded maps for everyones pleasure.

Thanks, the images really do paint a picture.
Mostly one of people never trusting that hospitals will be able to help them again.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Not sure if I should be hoping for the virus to take me now or hold out for getting tortured to death by Yallqueda for "gender treachery" after the Second American Civil War.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wayne Feed and Seed (formerly Chuck's)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

lol im sorry but i refuse to believe that classroom had 25 kids all sitting 6 ft from each other as the chart suggests

Maybe the chart meant inches instead of feet

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

its pretty difficult to maintain relationships especially when people are consumers who think they're capitalists and are dictated by such a force in society that myriads of problems can crop up such as

which is why finance is one of the biggest drivers of divorce

like there's too many artifices for the relationship to navigate in this zoo people society, not saying that it's 100% the whole case but it is a rarity to find genuine company that isn't driven by motives that are dictated by capitalism and the meritocracy myth, especially with the nuclear family model push in a post-WWII society for "stability" and now there's no stability so woops!~

yeah. I’m pretty lonely since this is the longest period since I started dating that I can’t… (Covid) but at the same time, thank god I am. most of the couples I know are together out of habit or forced circumstances versus “love”.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Grabnar posted:

I literally do not understand how somebody can be dead-set against putting chemical A in their body, but are totally fine with freebasing chemicals B, C, and D which explicitly say not to do that on the packaging, and to call poison control if you accidentally do. How loving broken does your brain have to be in order to get from point A to point B in that chain?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

seems bad

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Does he have a nebulizer? I'm picturing an old white dude just mixing poo poo up on his stove, huffing the concoction from a simmering saucepan.

Somebody in the medical thread said they'd just seen a patient whose lungs were essentially solid from nebulizing silver. The family were demanding that the hospital continue nebulizing silver, and the meds said, uh, no, that's what's killing them.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

I literally do not understand how somebody can be dead-set against putting chemical A in their body, but are totally fine with freebasing chemicals B, C, and D which explicitly say not to do that on the packaging, and to call poison control if you accidentally do. How loving broken does your brain have to be in order to get from point A to point B in that chain?

we have a diseased culture

and now covid is here to make sure it's literally diseased as well

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Grabnar posted:

He is going to damage his lungs huffing that crap.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

quote:

Hospitals in the Southeast are running low on oxygen, with the worst-hit left only 12 to 14 hours worth, said Premier Inc., a hospital-supply purchasing group.

Hospitals in Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Virginia are all reaching dangerously low amounts of oxygen, with many relying on reserve tanks.

The hospitals can get resupplied, but most are only able to get a few days’ worth of oxygen at a time, rather than a full order, Premier said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-28/hospitals-in-u-s-south-run-low-on-oxygen-amid-covid-and-storm

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Kreeblah posted:

Because if it works it proves all of their other ideology is right. "They" were really out to get you after all. In effect its this exact documentary that connects the death of flat earth to the rise of qanon, but its the death of qanon giving birth to covid trutherism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfhYyTuT44

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

fosborb posted:

lol I forgot the CDC is still recommending gaitors

lmao airlines won't even let you on the plane with gaiters

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

neck goiters

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

John_A_Tallon posted:

He is going to damage his lungs huffing that crap.

covid can't damage my lungs if i damage them first :patriot:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Salt Fish posted:

Because if it works it proves all of their other ideology is right. "They" were really out to get you after all. In effect its this exact documentary that connects the death of flat earth to the rise of qanon, but its the death of qanon giving birth to covid trutherism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfhYyTuT44

man, in search of just isn't the same without leonard nimoy

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I got a covid test this morning because I am sick as hell with something. The site was absolutely full of toddlers and well below min vax age children. I loving hate this monstrous society.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Stolen from pyf gif

That’s adorable

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Shiroc posted:

I got a covid test this morning because I am sick as hell with something. The site was absolutely full of toddlers and well below min vax age children. I loving hate this monstrous society.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

LionArcher posted:

yeah. I’m pretty lonely since this is the longest period since I started dating that I can’t… (Covid) but at the same time, thank god I am. most of the couples I know are together out of habit or forced circumstances versus “love”.

love is real and exists, and it also has many shapes and forms, a spectrum if you will.

Capitalism just doesn't let it thrive organically because if it's not for the purpose of procreation to replenish a labor force and to boost Q1 earnings through gimmicky holidays like Valentine's out of some manufactured social obligation, then that kind of organic love has no place since it exists outside of Capitalism's required parameters that makes people so zoo-like about love through material lenses of status and stability that you basically now submit resumes and portfolio of your "personality + identity" that was ascribed to you from whatever consumerist choices you made to make dates seem viable as an investment of sorts.

the isolation is insane, people are pretty much going spiritual (speaking personally too, buddhism) but the upshot about it is that it gives more pause to what is worth it in the human condition. Time has certainly slowed down a lot more for me to appreciate going outside away from people and do what I want in the peace I can find in between the spaces of madness with new pursuits and hobbies I never considered. I look at things very differently to and try to practice mindfulness to stave off the isolation.

Once you are aware of the external forces driving it, it makes the whole "I'm not good enough" seem trivial because everyone is literally certifiably insane from peak consumerism and lost the plot.

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 28, 2021