Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You’d think the 28-3 jokes would get old but they never do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm completely ok with the Panthers taking the lead in the NFC South employing sexual predators.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I have no problem with the Panthers trading for Watson if the price is right, but he has like 22 pending lawsuits against him for sexual assault so the price should be something like conditional 2023+ picks pending the outcome of the lawsuits. Any team that gives up a first without protecting themselves is dumb or desperate. I don’t even know if you can make a trade conditional on something like that either.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Maybe just don’t trade for the guy that has enough sexual assault accusers to play and 11 on 11 game rather than trying to price the cost of double digit sexual assault claims into the contract.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also if your going to hedge the trade like that why would the Texans do it, they are better off waiting themselves

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1431685635702726658

This uhh... seems a little bit more credible than PFT and that one guy at a radio station or whatever.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I understand Watson's talent, but have they written off Tua that comprehensively already?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

GD_American posted:

I understand Watson's talent, but have they written off Tua that comprehensively already?

As part of a package for a proven elite qb gently caress yeah they have.

Side note: dolphins have done everything possible to undermine Tua's confidence. Seriously it's nuts

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hamhandler posted:

This uhh... seems a little bit more credible than PFT and that one guy at a radio station or whatever.

Goddamn mcmagic was right again.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1431663747039367181

e: oh god when they get up to eugene robinson's incident

"Since you can't come back from down 25 in the Super Bowl, the game can safely be called for Denver"

oof

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

GD_American posted:

Including Tua probably lowers the number of picks they need to include, so yeah

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dolphins why

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Hamhandler posted:

Holy poo poo

Imagine mortgaging your teams future to trade for Michael Vick the week before his sentencing hearing, but a thousand times worse

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Nodoze posted:

"Since you can't come back from down 25 in the Super Bowl, the game can safely be called for Denver"

oof

they also lost 28-3 to the jets that season

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hamhandler posted:

What in the loving gently caress?

I'm not super high on Tua but that many picks for a guy with that much baggage is utterly insane.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I was already pulling for Watson to get court-hosed, but if the Dolphins are really going to send that much of their future away then I hope he gets LWOP'd.

Poor Tua.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dolphins why

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

GD_American posted:

I was already pulling for Watson to get court-hosed, but if the Dolphins are really going to send that much of their future away then I hope he gets LWOP'd.

Poor Tua.

It probably wouldn’t be that bad of a situation for Tua to go to a new team with an army of first rounders around him to rebuild. Though one of those picks could be used to draft his replacement…

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hey guys it’s me Ehud

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1431695533496750082?s=21

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
That many picks was too much before the rapes tbh

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nah, Watson, sans rapes was worth 5 first rounders. There's no price too high for a great, young QB. That is the brass ring.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kalli posted:

Nah, Watson, sans rapes was worth 5 first rounders. There's no price too high for a great, young QB. That is the brass ring.

yeah, even Watson w/Rapes is probably worth that much.

Maybe one less first.

Waton is a top 5 qb in the league lmao. Those never, ever ever become available.

The Dolphins just are putting their faith in the legal system to do nothing but give Watson a slap on the wrist, or Watson spending money to make it go away like what always happens in these cases.

Morally Repugnant. But probably a pretty safe bet to make for the Dolphins. That you just eat a year suspension if anything

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
it would be extremely funny if the legal system worked in this case

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Soul Glo posted:

It would extremely loving own.

But I wouldn't bet on it lol

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1431663747039367181

e: oh god when they get up to eugene robinson's incident

I really hope they get into my personal favorite Falcons-related memory, the last two minutes of the 2014 game against Detroit in London. Quite possibly the most spectacular combined coaching incompetence I have ever seen on the field.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Soul Glo posted:

I wonder how conditional you can make a pick in a trade.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I really hope they get into my personal favorite Falcons-related memory, the last two minutes of the 2014 game against Detroit in London. Quite possibly the most spectacular combined coaching incompetence I have ever seen on the field.

my personal hope is they do the single wing deangelo williams game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The 28-3 game deserves one of those 8 hour in-depth analysis videos obsessive nerds will now do for a season of television that has a shorter total runtime than said video.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope they spend some time discussing the acquisition of Hayden Hurst

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The 28-3 game deserves one of those 8 hour in-depth analysis videos obsessive nerds will now do for a season of television that has a shorter total runtime than said video.

That stuff is actually really good and the people who complain about a 5 to 8 hour breakdown of why a movie sucks is excessive and doesn't make sense are stupid

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nodoze posted:

That stuff is actually really good and the people who complain about a 5 to 8 hour breakdown of why a movie sucks is excessive and doesn't make sense are stupid

I love Red Letter Media which basically blew the whole genre wide open. Their reviews topped out at like 90 minutes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I know Flores is a Belichick disciple but I didn't figure him for the type to not give a gently caress about serial rape.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
How the gently caress is Watson even allowed to play?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

How the gently caress is Watson even allowed to play?

technically he hasn’t done anything wrong, technically. it’s just accusations. technically, he’s still innocent

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
If you hate Watson, you should want him traded to the Panthers so he dies behind that offensive line.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

indigi posted:

technically he hasn’t done anything wrong, technically. it’s just accusations. technically, he’s still innocent

The commissioner has the right per the CBA to put any player on the exempt list regardless of any lack of criminal charges let alone a conviction.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Eh, now that I think about it, the delay makes sense because the civil suits have already been filed. They probably can't do an investigation. Human memory is bullshit, and if you tell the same story (even if it is true) each version will be ever so slightly different. This is especially true when interrogated by someone for the purpose of an investigation. A good lawyer will do his or her level best to never let a client go on the record because opposing counsel will pounce on any inconsistency.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'll believe it when I see it, until then any tweet or new story about some team being interested in Watson or offering certain things for Watson is someone from the Texans asking an agent or a reporter to put out a story and try and drive up interest in someone that clearly no one else wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

NO