Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

AFewBricksShy posted:

It's pretty great and a nice break from "History was horrible". The Mickey Mantle hunting story is hilarious.

I was in line at a Taco Bell when that part came on and I couldn't stop laughing to order my food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

As a baseball nerd I knew about some of the Billy Martin poo poo but he was even crazier than I thought, goddamn

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
You can tell that Dave has a real love of baseball because I think he really brings it on anything that is baseball related.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

You can tell that Dave has a real love of baseball because I think he really brings it on anything that is baseball related.
Yes I've been enjoying all of the baseball episodes we've gotten this year

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I don't even like baseball but Dave's enthusiasm is so infectious I can't help but love the baseball eps

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I would unironically pay extra for a separate Basebollop podcast.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Revins posted:

I don't even like baseball but Dave's enthusiasm is so infectious I can't help but love the baseball eps

He also has a good feel for the baseball stories that will be universally appealing

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He also has a good feel for the baseball stories that will be universally appealing

I kind of would like to see them tackle some football stories since Gareth seems tonbe a bigger football fan. The one sporting event I would love to hear about from them though is the Malice in the Palace, especially how the narrative got shifted in the days after from blaming fans to blaming players.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

swickles posted:

I kind of would like to see them tackle some football stories since Gareth seems tonbe a bigger football fan.

Yeah, but part of the appeal is that Gareth doesn't know the story, so you don't want to come up with a football story he knew already; I feel like football stories should be reverse Dollops

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I am always down for more reverse dollops

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Stories of alcoholic fuckups that fail upwards forever is A+ classic Dollop

More golden age of baseball eps please and thanks

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This Plennie Wingo is like a classic ep. Funny and weird in the right measure. Loved it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Froghammer posted:

Stories of alcoholic fuckups that fail upwards forever is A+ classic Dollop

More golden age of baseball eps please and thanks

A Steve Garvey, Spaceman Lee, Jim Bouton or John Rocker episode would be great

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 11, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

A Steve Garvey, Spaceman Lee, Jim Bouton or John Rocker episode would be great

Bing Russel and the Portland Mavericks.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
The part in the Curtis Turner episode where Turner, a lumber industrialist, gazes at the moon and wonders if there is timber up there and if so how to get it to Earth had me dying. Then he goes about raising millions for a rocket program. It reminds me of the old Bear Cave Soup Co. articles from the front page.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 12, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Apparently there was a live reverse dollop tonight, what did ol' Gary cover?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Apparently there was a live reverse dollop tonight, what did ol' Gary cover?

Are you talking about the online show? That's September 2nd

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hmm it looks like I am, the FB writeup made it sound like it was last night

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I was scrolling down the list of eps and saw the 400th was friggin Reagan with Patton Oswalt and yeah the stuff once it turns to politics is common knowledge but goddamn it is upsetting to hear spoken out loud.

oh god I just saw its a two parter.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
#500 is coming up. I wonder who it'll be, since they've already done Trump, Bush and John McCain. Clinton? Dubya?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Kissinger is the one that's often speculated but it would be a MASSIVE undertaking.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I want to say earlier last year Dave said he wanted to do one on Michael Bloomberg but I don't know if he forgot, or what

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
itll probably be biden or kamala or some other relevant political figure

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Biden would make sense, although that Clarence Thomas confirmation episode was a lot about Biden

I doubt it would be Kamala, she hasn't been around that long

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

itll probably be biden or kamala or some other relevant political figure

Didn't they kinda do Biden already in the Clearance Thomas ep?
E ^^^ Dammit

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd want a Dollop about Dave's dad for 500.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Clinton would be fascinating

kater
Nov 16, 2010

okay reagan part 2 is out the other end and is completely hilarious.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Live Reverse Dollop this Thursday! Pretty excited to hear what Gareth has in store for us.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What was the subject last night?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I actually missed it (I had gotten stoned in preparation of watching it, but then got too high and forgot all about it). I'm going to watch it (and record it) tonight. I believe it has something to do with the 1970 Miss World pageant.

EDIT:

This episode is really good (I'm about 40 minutes in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvBgOas051U

I had to keep starting and stopping the recording (dealing with wife recovering from surgery and a 2 and 1/2 year old. I think I stitched it together pretty ok but you might hear some weird hiccups.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 4, 2021

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Thanks for this!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Here are the rest of them:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D4VCPVrVsG6QbVzeGIrLCDescoqNIU1U/view?usp=drivesdk - Peter Lemongello (the VOD of this one had weird copyright issues which is why all the pictures and videos are blacked out)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y1G8S8w3kpBl94uHxVGw295yuPoylJyh/view?usp=drivesdk - Miami Aerospace Academy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BtgyxuUHddVFUGUi6Xe5xcL80JD52Ce1/view?usp=drivesdk - D&D Satanic Panic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xmAbjne-0w3om4yDY6sd35ko_XGC8SQW/view?usp=drivesdk - Erie Canal Soda Pop Festival

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T77RlzlOXILQPId7-k02MWVg11bow_s5/view?usp=sharing - Joseph Farto

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This latest Ep (Jeffrey Fowle) was probably the funniest in quite some time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Clinton would be fascinating

i assume it will be kissenger or clinton or maybe W. Biden was covered in thomas pretty well and kamala is standard crappy/poo poo and would be boring for dollop compared to so many others. hell, i wouldnt be shocked if it was someone out of left field. maybe like jefferson davis or some hosed up super confederate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i assume it will be kissenger or clinton or maybe W. Biden was covered in thomas pretty well and kamala is standard crappy/poo poo and would be boring for dollop compared to so many others. hell, i wouldnt be shocked if it was someone out of left field. maybe like jefferson davis or some hosed up super confederate.

...or Epstein.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I'm seeing them live next week in Vegas and I wonder if they'll do Kit Carson.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

This latest Ep (Jeffrey Fowle) was probably the funniest in quite some time.

Kept me interested throughout, which I can't say for a lot of episodes that run past 90 minutes. Somehow I'd never heard of this guy even though I followed the whole Sony hack/The Interview situation

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Binowru posted:

Kept me interested throughout, which I can't say for a lot of episodes that run past 90 minutes. Somehow I'd never heard of this guy even though I followed the whole Sony hack/The Interview situation

Oh my God I know. I thought the SAME thing. "How have I never heard of this guy before!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Oh my God I know. I thought the SAME thing. "How have I never heard of this guy before!"

kind of the opposite for me, I'd heard of the dude but from American media outlets who framed it as a matter of OUR FREEDOM so I never realized how dumb the whole thing was.