Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
You'll know you've made it when Genshin Impact or Raid: Shadow Legends offers to sponsor you.

But yeah my post though wasn't really about chasing whats popular, only that if there's a lack of feedback then the next best thing is look at other channels and try to breakdown how they do editing, shot composition, sound mixing, and so on to try to iterate on the more technical delivery of their content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

get your genshin impact content sponsored by raid shadow legends

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

dogsicle posted:

get your genshin impact content sponsored by raid shadow legends

Fairplay.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

Speaking of pizza chat I happened to look at GBS and see a bad/weird hotdog thread, and one of the early posts stuck with me:

I decided to ask about it on a Discord server where I know there are at least a couple of people from Brazil:

mashed potatoes on a hotdog, what a country.

there was a grody rear end hotdog franchsie in my city that sold mashed potato hotdogs and ones with cheddar, caramelized honey and all other stuff but it folded

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

Speaking of pizza chat I happened to look at GBS and see a bad/weird hotdog thread, and one of the early posts stuck with me:

I decided to ask about it on a Discord server where I know there are at least a couple of people from Brazil:

mashed potatoes on a hotdog, what a country.

I wanna try the french fry hotdog.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
could go for a panko dog rn

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnaceface posted:

That sounds awful.

But I eat poutine so I cant really mock anyone's taste in food.

I dare someone to name a better food.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
At the end of the first ep of Link Click did the girl get murdered by the dude who offered to drive her or did she just suicide because of her overall situation?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Taima posted:

At the end of the first ep of Link Click did the girl get murdered by the dude who offered to drive her or did she just suicide because of her overall situation?

been a while since I watched the ep so I might have lost some details but pretty sure that dude killed her. Since the past had changed, she ended up somewhere she otherwise wouldn't have been and encountered him, so it was iirc set up kind of like a warning about the consequences of changing what looks like something small in an effort to do something good (although whether the "good intentions" were entirely altruistic or mostly to make himself feel better due to her situation with her folks resonating so much with him is debatable)

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Excellent that makes sense thanks!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:cheerdoge:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

I dare someone to name a better food.

As a Canadian, I-

Seriously though, where the gently caress are nanaimo bars being sold these days? It's like every supermarket stopped carrying them, and I have heroin cravings for the Irish cream ones.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Italian Poutine.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Italian Poutine.

I would eat fries with hot marinara and salted bocconcini

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

I would eat fries with hot marinara and salted bocconcini

the meal you seek is mozzerella sticks

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
UPDATE i did not watch the second rebuild movie today because i'm short on time but i will watch it tomorrow.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Godspeed, goon.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Aurora posted:

the meal you seek is mozzerella sticks

If I wanted breadcrumbs, I would have said so :colbert:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ok I'm actually an idiot and should have waited. They resolve it a few episodes later. I mistakenly thought this was episodic and they wouldn't come back to previous links.

Btw 2-3 weeks ago in the old chat thread pre-drama, someone posted a link to Omocat Doki Doki Literature Club merchandise. I ended up (quasi-drunkenly) ordering a shirt. Honestly I've never really been an anime person until recently - truthfully I have never played one second of Doki Doki - but I thought it was funny so I got it.

In the last 6 months I've watched so much anime, and it's all thanks to you guys giving recommendations. I'm also the guy who got traumatized by the Made in Abyss manga which I foolishly read as my very first manga, if that jogs anyone's memory. I eventually got over it and even watched Dawn of the Deep Soul (sorry it was ok but it was so over the top I didn't love it, though the animation is incredible). You could even say the animation was subarashii. I maintain that MIA has one of the most interesting concepts I've ever seen for a show, though it ends up being a venue for the author's personal fetishes a lot more than I would like. Whatever though, I don't judge even if it's not for me.

Some of my favorites animes so far, many recommended by you fine folks, have been A Place Further than the Universe, Oddtaxi, Re:Zero, Jujitsu Kaisen and... somewhat embarassingly, Nagatoro (though from my anime list I've seen nearly 30 series in this short time, time flies I guess).

I'm currently watching Stein's Gate and Link Click, which are both fantastic even if Stein's Gate starts a bit slow (and I think the girl who follows him around might be... uh... is she supposed to be learning impaired or something? Hard to understand the dynamic there). But they both rock so far.

Anyways to show my thanks to the wonderful weebs of ADTRW I present to you, the conversion of a beach bum surfer-type into a full on anime-shirt wearing weeaboo! Cheers! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just Monika

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Best girl.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

man i love all the ddlc stuff that shop did

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

marumaru posted:

Omocat is awesome.

Also you all should play Omori.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
The OMOCAT shirt of Mari from OMORI is one of those rare shirts I have that I actually have gotten compliments on which doesn't happen too often.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hesitated and couldn't get the Aubrey shirt when it went on sale. Got the "OMORI?" one instead. Love it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i love this

https://twitter.com/bptr_0132_/status/1431079192502751232?s=20

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's something just unhinged about toy anime aesthetic

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hesitated and couldn't get the Aubrey shirt when it went on sale. Got the "OMORI?" one instead. Love it.

I also got that one. I had planned on getting Aubrey and Mari but the Aubrey smash shirt is a white whale clothes purchase if I ever will have one, hesitating by 1 minute cost me the shirt and I was so bummed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I need to play omori

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
No More Heroes III being presented as a show with an OP and ED is very cool and I like it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OMORI is excellent and if i hadn't binged FE: Three Houses it would have no competition for my favorite game i've played this year

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Julias posted:

Omocat is awesome.

Also you all should play Omori.

it blew my fuckin mind when I got the kickstarter update saying it actually came out.

Mister Facetious posted:

As a Canadian, I-

Seriously though, where the gently caress are nanaimo bars being sold these days? It's like every supermarket stopped carrying them, and I have heroin cravings for the Irish cream ones.

Around here you can get them at superstore and safeway.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

marumaru posted:

something that's really loving cool is that the graphic goes all the way to the bottom of the shirt. Or, er, it goes over the little folded/stitched part that's at the bottom of every tshirt, if that makes sense.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

OMOCAT shirts are super good quality too like thick rear end material. I was surprised because I'm so used to cheap t shirts that are very thin.

omg the aubrey shirt is back in stock but I don't have the moneyyyyyyy

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I ended up getting the Aubrey, Omori, and Mari shirts, along with the photo room poster and headspace polaroid set. Was a lot of money, but I really like all of it so it was worth it.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 29, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Really happy I was able to snag one of the SOMETHING Hoodies. Subtle enough without being too overbearing. Really resonates with me too. Also it's really cozy. Glad I snagged it for this winter.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Taima posted:

Some of my favorites animes so far, many recommended by you fine folks, have been A Place Further than the Universe, Oddtaxi, Re:Zero, Jujitsu Kaisen and... somewhat embarassingly, Nagatoro (though from my anime list I've seen nearly 30 series in this short time, time flies I guess).

Nothing to be embarrassed about by watching Nagatoro. It’s a legit good show.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

Around here you can get them at superstore and safeway.

I'm too far east for the latter, and the former is really out of my way (by bus). :sigh: This sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

omocat sweaters are very comfy, even if i cant really wear them most of the year in florida haha