Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Maybe it's because I live in the bay area, but I could die happy if I never have to hear about Burning Man again. Part of it is that not one original word has been written on the topic in decades. Google executives have been attending for over 20 years. Maybe I should write an indulgent self-important post about why I stopped going to Warped Tour. It just got too corporate you know? Someone brought some free promotional Yoohoo and I tried it because I was in an accepting state but there was no shade and I had a bad trip that made me reconsider some things. At least I have the memories though, and I like to think I bring the Warped Tour spirit to my work.

And definitely because I live in the bay area, I have very considered and sharp opinions on the topic. Struggling not to share them because nothing original has been written in that direction in a while either, and it would only encourage a conversation that I would rather eat dirt than repeat. I sure am enjoying Psychonauts 2 the PS4 game right now!

Edit gently caress page snipe. I have doomed the thread to another page of burning man chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Is the goon discord gone? Or is there a new one i missed?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

D34THROW posted:

Is the goon discord gone? Or is there a new one i missed?

Goon Playstation Discord

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Thanks!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

I am aghast at the prospect of reading about fun people had 8 years ago in the Sony PlayStation 4 thread.

As well you should grandpa

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

Maybe it's because I live in the bay area, but I could die happy if I never have to hear about Burning Man again. Part of it is that not one original word has been written on the topic in decades. Google executives have been attending for over 20 years. Maybe I should write an indulgent self-important post about why I stopped going to Warped Tour. It just got too corporate you know? Someone brought some free promotional Yoohoo and I tried it because I was in an accepting state but there was no shade and I had a bad trip that made me reconsider some things. At least I have the memories though, and I like to think I bring the Warped Tour spirit to my work.

And definitely because I live in the bay area, I have very considered and sharp opinions on the topic. Struggling not to share them because nothing original has been written in that direction in a while either, and it would only encourage a conversation that I would rather eat dirt than repeat. I sure am enjoying Psychonauts 2 the PS4 game right now!

Edit gently caress page snipe. I have doomed the thread to another page of burning man chat
You've been posting insightful opinions on this site for nearly two decades. I appreciate your posts and I appreciate where you're coming from.

Edit for some teeth: I don't agree with judging peoples posts for their lifestyle but I do agree with it for its content

Akuma fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 28, 2021

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is it weird badass and cool and fateful to anyone else that so many of us in this thread all registered on this forum all within like 1-4 weeks of each other in 2004

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m a 2005 noob greenhorn

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Guillermus posted:

Right now with Epic being Fortnite/Storefront focused there's 0 chances while maybe, the success of PS4/Xbone releases of Doom 1, 2 and 64 may make them to order (hopefully to Nightdive studios) the port of Quake 1 and 2 to consoles. Paging Rocket Pan :wink:

So it's a little late because I stopped watching the thread for a bit, but Guillermus gets the hole in one. (Well except for Quake 2, I guess a mulligan still counts. :v:)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The unfinished ut4 alpha is still one of my favorite games somehow

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rocket Pan posted:

So it's a little late because I stopped watching the thread for a bit, but Guillermus gets the hole in one. (Well except for Quake 2, I guess a mulligan still counts. :v:)

Quake 2 please I beg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

acksplode posted:

lmao :golfclap:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

Is it weird badass and cool and fateful to anyone else that so many of us in this thread all registered on this forum all within like 1-4 weeks of each other in 2004

All the best members joined in Spring/Summer 04 obv

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Akuma posted:

You've been posting insightful opinions on this site for nearly two decades. I appreciate your posts and I appreciate where you're coming from.

pound for pound acksplode is the best poster in the playstation threads

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

All the best members joined in Spring/Summer 04 obv

:ocelot:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

all regdates before 04 are idiots, all regdates after 04 are feds, and 04s are... well... :regd04:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pound for pound acksplode is the best poster in the playstation threads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T16QIu6JBE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i said poster, not shitposter. there are still enough categories and honors leftover for the rest of us

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

i said poster, not shitposter. there are still enough categories and honors leftover for the rest of us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQwKvO4yCG4

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yes, this feeling, this is the true power i've sought!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rocket Pan posted:

thank you and everyone for your work, i've almost platted quake. :getin:

but i need to know who said "hey pain maze no damage nightmare lmao lets see the console boys do this one!" :negative:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
2003 supremacy

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Vikar Jerome posted:

but i need to know who said "hey pain maze no damage nightmare lmao lets see the console boys do this one!" :negative:

Everyone involved. You all complained Doom64 achievements were too easy and got them all in like 30 minutes, so this is our revenge.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rocket Pan posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot this post haha

Totally nailed it :haw:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rocket Pan posted:

Everyone involved. You all complained Doom64 achievements were too easy and got them all in like 30 minutes, so this is our revenge.

goddamn karma :negative:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Vikar Jerome posted:

thank you and everyone for your work, i've almost platted quake. :getin:

Is this one even possible without bringing in a grenade launcher from a previous map? I'm not well-versed in Quake but I was trying this map a couple days ago and falling into the pit with all the spawn and not getting bit seems like a tall order.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Yeah it would be hard to do that trophy from the level select menu. The level select menu is a bit flawed in that I'm pretty sure most of the maps aren't designed for shotgun start, which wasn't a problem originally since there was no in game way to skip to a level without using the console. It would be nice if you could choose your loadout on the level select screen.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

apophenium posted:

Is this one even possible without bringing in a grenade launcher from a previous map? I'm not well-versed in Quake but I was trying this map a couple days ago and falling into the pit with all the spawn and not getting bit seems like a tall order.

maybe, you do that room first usually cos of the nearby quad damage and you rush there. i dont even know how your meant to get past the vores in the chapel area with the silver key. :negative:

i did it pc already thanks to hitting ` and putting in the words god and noclip. :colbert:

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

everything about burning man culture is extremely cringe

I live in Reno, sort of the last stop before Burning Man, where local businesses get hyped about selling overpriced water, coolers, tents and bicycles.

I guess there's an event culture of "don't trash the playa" which just means people wait until they're off site and dump it on the highway asap. I've driven past there the week following and it is just miles and miles of poo poo dumped on the road. They try to encourage donation sites, with big areas roped off at the airport and such for bikes, coolers, tents, and now free water.

But they clean up Black Rock real nice! *

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
thanks to Where in the US is Carmen Sandiego, i only think of one thing when i hear about Reno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PluWC5DjKiM

looks like i'm not the only one, if the comments are any judge

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

It's windy, dusty and with the economy so depressed there's a layer of grime to everything. Perfect setting for Bust Rodd's "everything is shades of brown ugly"

I love it, but I'll probably leave for the coast soonish.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I love Reno, it’s a really fun place to chill and decompress for a few days after losing all of your marbles. I apologize for all of the awesome crimes I committed in your city.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

maybe, you do that room first usually cos of the nearby quad damage and you rush there. i dont even know how your meant to get past the vores in the chapel area with the silver key. :negative:

i did it pc already thanks to hitting ` and putting in the words god and noclip. :colbert:
Vores are the best, I hate and love every time they show up because I find their attack very fun to deal with.

Also you dirty cheater.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How is the Spider-Man DLC? I've finished Tsushima as much as I care about, and I want more Spider-Man in my life. I played the base game a year or two back and sold my disc on. My understanding is that Miles Morales is more of an expansion than a game in it's own right and £50 is pretty loving steep for DLC.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 29, 2021

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pierson posted:

How is the Spider-Man DLC? I've finished Tsushima as much as I care about, and I want more Spider-Man in my life. I played the base game a year or two back and sold my disc on. My understanding is that Miles Morales is more of an expansion than a game in it's own right and £50 is pretty loving steep for DLC.

MM is shorter than the original but more expansive than the original’s DLCs. The DLC chapters are decent, more Spider-Man goodness, but not as solid as the main game.

If you’re kind of on the fence it might be worth holding off until getting a PS5 (if you plan on it anyway), since the Spider-Man remaster that you get with Miles Morales Ultimate is a lot prettier and includes the DLCs.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
No plans on getting a PS5 until they stop releasing new stuff on the PS4. I didn't really touch much side-content on the base game so the GOTY edition would probably be the best option until MM gets a sale. It's a super-good game for sure no arguments there but I always feel like a dumbass re-buying games I've already played a majority of. I made the same mistake with Ghost of Tsushima, re-selling it before they announced Legends/Ikki Island.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I'm coming up on my first struggle regarding getting a PS5 or not....the Judgment sequel comes out next month. I'm gonna end up playing it on my PS4, but I keep thinking "BUT WHAT IF THE PS5 VERSION IS BETTER?!" :ohdear:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

I'm coming up on my first struggle regarding getting a PS5 or not....the Judgment sequel comes out next month. I'm gonna end up playing it on my PS4, but I keep thinking "BUT WHAT IF THE PS5 VERSION IS BETTER?!" :ohdear:

Ps5 version has two dogs.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I got a friend's hand me down PS4 Pro and it's my first proper console since the PS2 (I've had Nintendo handhelds and the Switch since then), and coming from a PC that's kitted out with a Noctua cooler and fans, this thing is loving loud. It was fine when I was playing Bloodborne, didn't notice it at all, but popping Spiderman in and this thing is literally drowning out the dialogue and game sounds. I've started having to use noise cancelling headphones just to be near the thing when I'm playing.

Is replacing the fan with something better going to make an appreciable difference or is it just Like This? I've read differing reports about whether or not it makes a difference, same with reapplying the thermal paste and pads.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

playing Spider-Man is literally the loudest I’ve heard the machine

you can do things like put in an SSD and quieter fans but it’s not worth it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Quantum of Phallus posted:

playing Spider-Man is literally the loudest I’ve heard the machine

you can do things like put in an SSD and quieter fans but it’s not worth it tbh

Good to know it's just Spiderman, then. I've already put in an old SATA SSD I had around since the Bloodborne loading times were a little much from the HDD.