Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I thought it was disk sheep. Emojii check a CD and a sheep. Disk sheep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I my (non super flex) dynasty league, Tyrod is the only starting qb not on a roster. No one wants him, and for good reason.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I think in my family league I'm going to go for maximum yolo and reach for Pitts, draft Jameis, maybe Barkley in the 1st?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I wish I was in a league that was less than a $200 buy in so I could just go buck wild like that too.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Picking 7th in a new 12-team Superflex keeper league that's 1 PPR with an extra 1 PPR for TEs. Normally I'd want a QB in Superflex, but if Kelce is there I pretty much have to mash, right? 2 PPR for him just seems kind of ridiculous to pass on.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My keeper league is drafting today and the keepers were finalized this morning.

Some 1st round keepers were Ekeler, Josh Jacobs, and Odell Beckham. LOL

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Gearman posted:

Picking 7th in a new 12-team Superflex keeper league that's 1 PPR with an extra 1 PPR for TEs. Normally I'd want a QB in Superflex, but if Kelce is there I pretty much have to mash, right? 2 PPR for him just seems kind of ridiculous to pass on.

slam dunk yes imo, but i think Kelce is top 12 in a 1 PPR superflex, without the bump

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Spoeank posted:

Give me all the Brandin Cooks I can handle. Feed me Brandin Cooks until I throw up. I don't care. He's like WR35 and I am a little piggy for him.

No such thing as too many Cooks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

No such thing as too many Cooks.

Not true, too many Cooks can spoil the broth.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
What are people's actual projections for Cooks given the QB situation and garbage coaching in Houston? I want nothing to do with him if Tyrod Taylor is going to be throwing him the ball most of the time.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Tiptoes posted:

What are people's actual projections for Cooks given the QB situation and garbage coaching in Houston? I want nothing to do with him if Tyrod Taylor is going to be throwing him the ball most of the time.

I'd still expect about a 1k season. Somebody has to catch passes.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'd still expect about a 1k season. Somebody has to catch passes.

That’s pretty much his ceiling if things go well but since it’s the Texans things aren’t likely to go well

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I mean Terrell Pryor and Travis Benjamin were both startable for a season each as the "somebody has to catch it" guys for the Browns.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
FPros consensus projections are about 75/1050/5

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

That feels optimistic to me and looking at their QB projections, it seems like their team projection for Houston has Deshaun Watson and Tyrod combining for 4,600 passing yards. If it's just Tyrod and Davis Mills, you can probably shave 1,000 yards off that total. The over/under for Brandin Cooks' 2021 season yardage is currently at 895.5 according to Bovada and that feels at lot more realistic.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Alright, my first BeerSheet-powered draft is in the books. 10-team league, 0.5 PPR, return yardage.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Aaron Jones, Darrell Henderson Jr.
WR: Stefon Diggs, CeeDee Lamb
TE: George Kittle
Flex: Cooper Kupp, Antonio Brown
D/ST: Los Angeles Rams
K: Younghoe Koo

Bench: Ryan Tannehill, Trey Sermon, Ronald Jones II, Gus Edwards, Ja'Marr Chase, Elijah Moore, Tyler Higbee

I think it's good, not great. I didn't feel good at RB so I threw a lot of darts at the wall in the hopes that one of them sticks (or, more accurately, that one of Mostert, Fournette, or Dobbins gets injured).

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

surf rock posted:

Alright, my first BeerSheet-powered draft is in the books. 10-team league, 0.5 PPR, return yardage.

Bench: Ryan Tannehill, Trey Sermon, Ronald Jones II, Gus Edwards, Ja'Marr Chase, Elijah Moore, Tyler Higbee

I think it's good, not great. I didn't feel good at RB so I threw a lot of darts at the wall in the hopes that one of them sticks (or, more accurately, that one of Mostert, Fournette, or Dobbins gets injured).

This team owns and I want it. I guess I don’t know why you’d carry a 2d qb if you have Dak and RoJo sucks but everything else about this owns.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

My keeper league is drafting today and the keepers were finalized this morning.

Some 1st round keepers were Ekeler, Josh Jacobs, and Odell Beckham. LOL

Just did the draft and ended up with this in 1 PPR

#12 pick

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon, Miles Sanders
WR: Davante Adams, DK Metcalf (K)
TE: Hock
Flex: Aiyuk (K)
K/DEF: Streaming both
BN: Rojo, Fournette, Kenyan Drake, Darnell Mooney, Jaylen Waddle
IR: Etienne

I'm feeling pretty good with my starting core, was pretty happy with Saquon being there at my picks at the turn so i happily grabbed him with my 2nd rounder just in case he returns to form and i want to keep him as my 1st next year. Hopefully he does because i'm not feeling too great about Sanders as my RB2. Grabbed Etienne with my last pick to stash on IR too. I wanted to wait to grab a QB but someone grabbed Allen right before my pick at the 3/4 turn and QB's usually go on runs in this league. Mooney and Waddle are just upside late picks.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Getting Saquon and Davante Adams at the turn is loving magical. Like you hypnotized your leaguemates. I could maybe critique the RoJo/Fournette pairing but whatever, you are loaded at WR. Maybe look into a two for one deal to upgrade at RB2 after the first couple weeks. One of Mooney or Waddle might be constantly stuck on your bench.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Just did the draft and ended up with this in 1 PPR

#12 pick

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon, Miles Sanders
WR: Davante Adams, DK Metcalf (K)
TE: Hock
Flex: Aiyuk (K)
K/DEF: Streaming both
BN: Rojo, Fournette, Kenyan Drake, Darnell Mooney, Jaylen Waddle
IR: Etienne

I'm feeling pretty good with my starting core, was pretty happy with Saquon being there at my picks at the turn so i happily grabbed him with my 2nd rounder just in case he returns to form and i want to keep him as my 1st next year. Hopefully he does because i'm not feeling too great about Sanders as my RB2. Grabbed Etienne with my last pick to stash on IR too. I wanted to wait to grab a QB but someone grabbed Allen right before my pick at the 3/4 turn and QB's usually go on runs in this league. Mooney and Waddle are just upside late picks.

Pretty loving great draft. Well done.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

surf rock posted:

Running 12-team so don't know how much that improves 10-team rosters but that looks loving sick. Agree Ronald Jones II is a head scratcher but who care with the rest of your RB stable.

I am loving Beersheets will probably need to donate to his Patreon. The tools that let me highlight players in different ways and additional info included is incredible. Also allows me to put in some lists along the side for reference.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Didn't do FF last year so I'm coming in a bit rusty. Have a BeerSheet and a draft Monday night, pretty standard 10 person 0.5PPR. I'm picking 9th.

Any obvious do not drafts besides Watson? I'm a little leery of Barkley coming off injury

WR feels thinner than usual at the top for some reason? Diggs/Ridley/Hopkins situations feel a bit iffy to me

I hate drafting early QBs, any 8th-ish round QB I should have an eye on?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What are people's thoughts re: Jonathan Taylor? Been farting sound with mocks and Fantasy Pros and Sleeper have widely different projections for him, the former expecting 250 and the latter closer to 300 in half ppr.

I'm not wildly optimistic on him because Wentz sucks and if he's anything like he was last year that offense is going to stutter.and they're just going to keep getting further and further behind late in games. And I think they'll mix in other backs given that Hines and Wilkins didn't look awful filling in. Who even knows what they'll use Mack for if anything?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Anyone here giving Joe Flacco any thought as a QB3? Just as an insurance policy in case of injury to one of your top two QBs? Flacco has looked better in the preseason than I would have imagined, but I don't know if I can trust him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Nah

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CocoaNuts posted:

Anyone here giving Joe Flacco any thought as a QB3? Just as an insurance policy in case of injury to one of your top two QBs? Flacco has looked better in the preseason than I would have imagined, but I don't know if I can trust him.

Didn't you hear the good news?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1431620240551694336

:hellyeah:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

CocoaNuts posted:

People look good in the pre-season all the time. Unless you are in a 2 QB 14+ team league, there is not much reason to think about him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bellmaker posted:

Didn't do FF last year so I'm coming in a bit rusty. Have a BeerSheet and a draft Monday night, pretty standard 10 person 0.5PPR. I'm picking 9th.

Any obvious do not drafts besides Watson? I'm a little leery of Barkley coming off injury

WR feels thinner than usual at the top for some reason? Diggs/Ridley/Hopkins situations feel a bit iffy to me

I hate drafting early QBs, any 8th-ish round QB I should have an eye on?

If you're injury weary then avoid Michael Thomas, as well.

WR has about 7 or 8 guys with a legit claim to being the potential WR1 this year so it's deeper than it seems I guess.

Ryan Tannehill.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

12 man, 0.5 ppr
Reasonably satisfied with my draft. Took my QB at the end of the 5th because there was a run going. Told myself i wouldn't take a TE but got Gesiki in the 9th. Some people took 2QB for some reason.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

12 man, 0.5 ppr
Reasonably satisfied with my draft. Took my QB at the end of the 5th because there was a run going. Told myself i wouldn't take a TE but got Gesiki in the 9th. Some people took 2QB for some reason.
Other than Gesicki I wouldnt mind that team. Last year Miami's TEs were all over the place so I just dont trust him this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gesicki is in The Tight End Blob though, there's no trusting anyone past the top 5.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Am I a lunatic for grabbing the Dolphins D after it went undrafted? It was the #1 fantasy scoring defense in this league last year and I got it for free. Same goes for their Kicker, Sanders - I didnt draft a kicker because I drafted Etienne to put on IR and keep for next year figuring I would just stream kicker, but uh, Sanders was the #1 scoring fantasy kicker last year and he was there for free.

Spoeank posted:

Gesicki is in The Tight End Blob though, there's no trusting anyone past the top 5.
Heh, fair point. I just have Gesicki rated way lower than many others because the Dolphins shared so many TE snaps last year, they also now have Hunter Long on the roster, and I have more faith in guys like Everrett in SEA because he's likely to be the #3 pass catching target there and Wilson seems to really like him *and* he's familiar with the new OC, or Higbee who has all the targets vacated by Everrett leaving.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 28, 2021

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dolphins defense is a solid get, but defenses rarely finish first two years in a row. There is gonna be a lot of regression on turnovers. I think they can finish top ten, but I don't think they're a league winner.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

Dolphins defense is a solid get, but defenses rarely finish first two years in a row. There is gonna be a lot of regression on turnovers. I think they can finish top ten, but I don't think they're a league winner.
Ah good point about repeating. Overall that makes sense. I also have the Tampa defense but there isn't anyone on the waiver wire I want right now so I'll hang into em for now.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ah good point about repeating. Overall that makes sense. I also have the Tampa defense but there isn't anyone on the waiver wire I want right now so I'll hang into em for now.

In their first 5 they’re playing the Bills, Bucs, Pats and Colts and you aren’t starting them w1 vs the Bengals. They have zero chance of winning you a league since they’re a D, and you really don’t want to hold 2 defenses for 5 weeks so it’s probably worth grabbing a lottery ticket RB or WR, on the off chance that something happens week 1 that turns them into a league winner (Chuba? Rhamondre? Whatever).

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Jesus! Jock Strap King is riding into town. Poor Flacco!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

surf rock posted:

I didn't feel good at RB so I threw a lot of darts at the wall in the hopes that one of them sticks (or, more accurately, that one of Mostert, Fournette, or Dobbins gets injured).

Well, now I feel lovely for writing this last night because I actually really enjoy watching Dobbins play. I hope it was just a hyperextension.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1431742891207049219?s=19

Another knee sacrificed to the knee god.

edit: saw video of the injury. Planted foot with knee hyperextension. Can't imagine he plays this season.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 28, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

12 man, 0.5 ppr

I am sure it will be fine since I never win so what do I know, but it is like a team full of people on my do not draft list.

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1431742891207049219?s=19

Another knee sacrificed to the knee god.

edit: saw video of the injury. Planted foot with knee hyperextension. Can't imagine he plays this season.

Welp, that is a keeper well spent. Going to be hard to be competitive being the only team without a RB and pretty much the top 12 either kept or drafted before my first pick.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Worth dumping FAAB on Edwards? He was dropped for Michel and waivers clear tomorrow so unlikely to get official news about Dobbins before then.