Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I've somehow travelled back to 2010 to watch all the exact same Mass Effect and Saint's Row arguments get relitigated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I've somehow travelled back to 2010 to watch all the exact same Mass Effect and Saint's Row arguments get relitigated.

Don't forget to warn people about Trump and buy Bitcoins.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You missed the page before where people were still angry at Myst like it was 1993.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

You missed the page before where people were still angry at Myst like it was 1993.

The forums didn't exist back then so there aren't a bunch of Myst gangtags.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

here’s my argument: they both suck!!!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

here’s my argument: they both suck!!!

What DO you like? Haha

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

there aren't a bunch of Myst gangtags.

we should rectify that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

You're such a Miranda.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

livin for riven

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

1glitch0 posted:

You're such a Miranda.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sex and the Citadel.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I don’t know how long Psychonauts 2 has been in development but this game feels straight up ancient.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Counterpoint: Psychonauts 2 feels like a perfectly updated version of Psychonauts 1 and has been a joy to play for the first 6 hours or so. It controls well, the dialogue is good, it looks good, and the level design is very fun.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
What the gently caress I thought this was the mass effect thread when I posted that lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy Hedonist posted:

What DO you like? Haha

Quake

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
would take a myst gangtag

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

barnold posted:

would take a myst gangtag

Yea why not, me too lol

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
My Gamepass Ultimate promo period is about to run out. What’s the current best way to renew it? Can you let it lapse, buy up all the time on gold and game pass and covert it again or was that a one time thing?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

exquisite tea posted:

Pissed about Myst

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

doingitwrong posted:

My Gamepass Ultimate promo period is about to run out. What’s the current best way to renew it? Can you let it lapse, buy up all the time on gold and game pass and covert it again or was that a one time thing?

From what I've heard, it still works, but you won't get the $1 promotional pricing for GPU anymore and will have to do the normal rate of $15/month to convert your banked time. Probably still works out to a decent deal though

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

404notfound posted:

From what I've heard, it still works, but you won't get the $1 promotional pricing for GPU anymore and will have to do the normal rate of $15/month to convert your banked time. Probably still works out to a decent deal though

Yeah it's this. If you let it lapse you can still do the 1:1 conversion, but you have to pay $15 for that first month of GPU instead of $1.

However, MS stopped selling the 12 month Live cards, so you may want to start keeping your eyes open for deals so you can stock up for conversion.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

John F Bennett posted:

I've only seen the trailer posted here, so here are some short snippets of Saints Row gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JQAheQYDxI

Looks like it's going to be a fun game of classic SR mayhem gameplay, I'm looking forward to it. Not sure what all the comments are japping about.

The main characters seem super generic and not nearly psychopathic enough for a Saints Row game.

Gameplay will probably be fun though. :shrug:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

webmeister posted:

Pissed about Myst

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyst

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Asnorban posted:

Counterpoint: Psychonauts 2 feels like a perfectly updated version of Psychonauts 1 and has been a joy to play for the first 6 hours or so. It controls well, the dialogue is good, it looks good, and the level design is very fun.

I just finished and I still agree with all these points.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im at the point of no return warning now. Its pretty good. I still think the combat sucks balls and is boring and menu heavy but the exploration is good

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Im at the point of no return warning now. Its pretty good. I still think the combat sucks balls and is boring and menu heavy but the exploration is good

There are a couple of those iirc

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm playing the first Pyschonauts right now after having meaning to play it since it first came out.

It's a lot of fun!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Unironically, turn on the easier combat option in the assistance menu. Its not 1-hit kills on enemies but it makes combat muuuuch breezier. I only turned it on after beating the game to experiment and I regret that

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I think Psychonauts 2 might not be for me. The intro was fun enough but I’m finding the cutscene gauntlet afterwards very painful to get through and I keen shutting it off.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

boz posted:

There are a couple of those iirc

Credits rolling now

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Stuck in psychonauts 2 I’m at the end of the first mission I think. I need to cross a bridge of ice my classmate made but I just fall to my death. I can’t double jump or use any of my powers to get across. I must be missing something stupid?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Nuts and Gum posted:

Stuck in psychonauts 2 I’m at the end of the first mission I think. I need to cross a bridge of ice my classmate made but I just fall to my death. I can’t double jump or use any of my powers to get across. I must be missing something stupid?

I got plenty of speed, jumped at the last moment , and used levitation.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Credits rolling now

What did you think? I'll agree that the combat could have been better, or atleast the heavier enemies could have had 1/3 or 1/2 less hp than they have.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ZeeBoi posted:

I got plenty of speed, jumped at the last moment , and used levitation.

Huh, I knew i was supposed to use that power, but it didn't do anything. I remapped it and it suddenly worked the next time. Maybe I had replaced it? Weird, anyway thanks!

-I definitely remapped it and forgot, I have way more powers than i remembered :classiclol:

This game is really good.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 29, 2021

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Psychonauts 2 talk. I'm at the intro with all the teeth, will it get more open world after this but with missions you can choose? Or is the game always as linear as the intro.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It definitely opens up, although it's never an open world game per se...but there is a central hub you keep returning to and have different objectives / collectibles you can focus on.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Nuts and Gum posted:

It definitely opens up, although it's never an open world game per se...but there is a central hub you keep returning to and have different objectives / collectibles you can focus on.
Yeah, it's a really nice mix. You get the laser-focused levels with lots of story, then that hub with all sorts of nooks and crannies and paths, and the ability to jump back in to specific zones in the former if you miss anything.

It's genuinely my favorite game of the year so far. The entire thing just flows so nicely, feels so good to run around in (I agree about the combat being fiddly), and exudes so much charm.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished it last night. Combat was a bit button-mashy for my tastes, and I wish I wasn’t always remapping the powers. But visuals, level variety and story were excellent.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm enjoying Psychonauts 2 but my god the boss fights in this game are awful. I don't think I've played anything that makes you spend so much time waiting for your limited opening to attack. I just fought the judges and hated everything about it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

J-Spot posted:

I'm enjoying Psychonauts 2 but my god the boss fights in this game are awful. I don't think I've played anything that makes you spend so much time waiting for your limited opening to attack. I just fought the judges and hated everything about it.

I feel like Im going crazy because I thought that was the best fight and took no time at all. Faun Cruller pukes up ingredients, huck the one you need, move to next phase instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Barudak posted:

I feel like Im going crazy because I thought that was the best fight and took no time at all. Faun Cruller pukes up ingredients, huck the one you need, move to next phase instantly.

It felt like it took forever between pukes. Sometimes I would not have time to lift every ingredient and there were times where the ingredient I needed wasn’t even there so I’d just have to go through the cycle again.