Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

HE WAS MASKED AND VACCINATED AND STILL GOT SICK

yet more proof that masking and vaccinations should be discarded. open biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If I'm gonna get some fast-casual I'm more of a Red Robin man

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hollismason posted:

I feel pretty good about developing antibodies I have a friend who went through chemotherapy and they were like " Yeah I still have COVID antibodies" and chemotherapy is way stronger medicine than what I'm on. Plus it was outdoors.

an aunt of mine was finishing off chemo during her vaccinations and had no detectable antibodies a month later when she thought to test

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

That's a *CRACK* *PING-O*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ivermectin? i never even mect tin before! 😂

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

meet girls at the store posted:

how many dead kids is that

if we take pediatric and adolescent case and dearh counts so far at face value, that's about 7,500 deaths of children under 12

fosborb fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 29, 2021

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Good Citizen posted:

an aunt of mine was finishing off chemo during her vaccinations and had no detectable antibodies a month later when she thought to test

I'm getting a antibody test in 3 weeks.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

plenty, but I need to get to the office. the boss is giving everyone a $25 chilis gift card

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Shitpostradomus posted:

OK. Back home. Walgreens didn't have any of that flawed purchase test. So. Uh. I guess I'm going to look for solutions on a Saturday in a state that Bill Lee governs.

I'm still hoping it's something else. But. I'm aware that's statistically improbable. I'm more pissed off that I'm over 7'2". Overweight. 20 pack year smoker. Asthmatic. And my wife, the person that flags me down to take vitamins every day, is the one with her nose in garlic saying it's weird af that it smells sweet.

I'd ask what kind of God does that but. Right now I'm too busy trying to find a valid test because if we/she pings hot -... I mean, I'd say that I'm going to really lay into my coworkers but. Since I'm the only person in an office of 12 who had a vax, I guess it'll be p chill day and everyone will be out sick.

One to three day turnaround. Swab in the drive thru. Drop it in a box directly in the sun.

Not surprised but still somehow shocked.
Anyhow. That was a rough personal transition from nite crew to day crew. Thanks for listening to me go through it.

Hey, fellow Bill Lee governed goon. State dept of health website helped me find sat testing if you haven't yet.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

So... lol the CDC is saying 75 percent of children will be infected in three months

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fosborb posted:

if we take pediatric and adolescent case and dearh counts so far at face value, that's about 7,500 deaths of children under 12

this is like sandy hook time nine 11 so what makes a difference now since death just follows biden in every step because saying "open biden" several times basically invoked a doom counter

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I got my third shot this weekend (24 hours in, I'm feeling the sore arm and mostly like warmed over poo poo, but it's already getting better now)

Next month I'm supposed to go a wedding that's inside...so max titers yolo I guess? It's my so's best friend and she really want to still do it...

This will absolutely be the most dangerous thing we've done the whole pandemic and i feel like an idiot.

I guess if we're all gonna catch this loving thing I guess getting it just after my booster is about as good as I can hope for.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
napkin math:
48,000,000 children unable to be vaxxed
75% of that is 36,000,000
death rate for delta is between .00 and .03, lets split the diff at .02, for pessimism and red states are probably under reporting
7200 dead kids

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

anime was right posted:

napkin math:
death rate for delta is between .00 and .03, lets split the diff at .02, for pessimism and red states are probably under reporting
7200 dead kids

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hospitalizations and severe illness are at around 2% (for young children with recorded cases) so thats 720,000 severe cases, so long covid seems to be the biggest risk here. ooof.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat I realized I need to watch Chernobyl again

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

anime was right posted:

napkin math:
7200 dead kids

If you do remote, you have to subtract the mental anguish of not being sent to the COVID mines, which will result in many more dead kids.

No, I will not show my math.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

Applebee’s is like a solid C+

I’ve had much much worse

there are lots of places where chain resturants are the only thing that's actually edible

small town diners with a few notable exceptions are mostly terrifying

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

What does he care? He’s keeping himself and his kids safe, has access to the best healthcare, and will feed every single one of his supporters to the meat grinder to win points and play politics to stay in power.

It’s a good thing his base is inbred and stupid as poo poo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
please keep in mind im going off numbers that we have. and we have no idea how likely repeat cases are in this scenario and death that may arise from that. or deaths from hospitals being clogged up, etc. but id say thats a pretty safe bet. im worried about giving upwards of a million kids permanent life-worsening symptoms.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rubby posted:

So... lol the CDC is saying 75 percent of children will be infected in three months

"If you give all the children some sort of permanent disability, their parents will become slaves to employer health coverage, and labor as a whole will be weakened" - some MBA ghoul

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

there are lots of places where chain resturants are the only thing that's actually edible

small town diners with a few notable exceptions are mostly terrifying

outsourced business campus cafeteria is really bad

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

McNugget Buddy posted:

"If you give all the children some sort of permanent disability, their parents will become slaves to employer health coverage, and labor as a whole will be weakened" - some MBA ghoul

little on the nose for bain and associates to recommend masking and mass death

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

outsourced business campus cafeteria is really bad

that too

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

El Mero Mero posted:

I got my third shot this weekend (24 hours in, I'm feeling the sore arm and mostly like warmed over poo poo, but it's already getting better now)

Next month I'm supposed to go a wedding that's inside...so max titers yolo I guess? It's my so's best friend and she really want to still do it...

This will absolutely be the most dangerous thing we've done the whole pandemic and i feel like an idiot.

I guess if we're all gonna catch this loving thing I guess getting it just after my booster is about as good as I can hope for.

lmao a wedding for someone who isn't even a relative definitely is worth the risk haha

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

48 million kids in the USA under the age of 12. 75% of that is 36 million kids.

If we guess a CFR of 0.2% based on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Then we're looking at roughly 7200 kids dead.

E:F,b

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 29, 2021

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
I'll just leave this here for easy reference, C.1.2 (South African variant 2): https://outbreak.info/situation-reports?pango=C.1.2

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1431764823600029701

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

here's an idea maybe don't share air during the peak of a wave

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

HiHo ChiRho posted:

If we guess a CFR of 0.2% based on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Then we're looking at roughly 750k kids dead.

you missed a digit

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

fosborb posted:

you missed a digit

Lol

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

fosborb posted:

you missed a digit

I missed a couple lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Then we're looking at roughly 7200 kids dead.

E:F,b

its roughly .02% not .2% massive difference lol

edit lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pingui posted:

I'll just leave this here for easy reference, C.1.2 (South African variant 2): https://outbreak.info/situation-reports?pango=C.1.2

is it notorious rim who's been following mutants? does C.1.2 have the deadly combination?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
how many other goons saw a math question and excitedly started crunching the numbers on the dead kids problem lmao

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
in my defense we decided it's a movie night and they picked frozen 2 again

RadDickOwl
Aug 18, 2013

El Mero Mero posted:

Never done anything so dangerous the whole pandemic before, but someone I loved died, the funeral was packed and indoors, ton of idiots improperly wearing masks or not wearing them at all. I have a p100 half mask though, and nobody gave me poo poo for it, or for going outside to eat alone. And if they did, gently caress em. So really it doesnt have to be all that dangerous. Just get a disposable n95 or kn95 if thats all you can get

Edit: lol i forgot you might be american. it'll still be dangerous as hell but you know, you can do it relatively safely still.

RadDickOwl fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 29, 2021

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/WentRogue/status/1431603529882476546

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

fosborb posted:

never seen it how does it stack up to the original?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

fosborb posted:

I've been going back and forth between patting the baby back to sleep and yelling at the toddlers to stop screaming and waking said baby up.

I'll take frozen 2 instead at this point