Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

RadDickOwl posted:

Never done anything so dangerous the whole pandemic before, but someone I loved died, the funeral was packed and indoors, ton of idiots improperly wearing masks or not wearing them at all. I have a p100 half mask though, and nobody gave me poo poo for it, or for going outside to eat alone. And if they did, gently caress em. So really it doesnt have to be all that dangerous. Just get a disposable n95 or kn95 if thats all you can get

Edit: lol i forgot you might be american. it'll still be dangerous as hell but you know, you can do it relatively safely still.

I said it before but I had a funeral too. buncha chuds a few of whom got covid two weeks after the funeral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

El Mero Mero posted:

I guess my attitude right now is sorta fatalistic. Over the past year the only events we've gone to have been small-group outdoor funerals (not covid related) and I miss my friends, who are more family than most of my family.

With the booster it's incredibly unlikely we'll end up hospitalized or even with long-term impacts if we get exposed. We'll also go back into hermit mode right after the wedding, so asymptomatic spread to others isn't a fear either. The friend also confirmed that all of the attendees are gonna be vaccinated.

Go to Walgreens and say you are immunocompromised. You'll get the booster.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The energy vampires need to feed

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If the CDC says that 75% of kids will be infected in the next 3 months we should plan on it being 750% of kids being infected in the next 3 weeks.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
miss your wage cage? don't worry many other americans do, and they're silent about it

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

bedpan posted:

alternatively make up a name and say you don’t have id or insurance and it’s your first shot

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Der Meister posted:

alternatively make up a name and say you don’t have id or insurance and it’s your first shot

that too

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

The energy vampires need to feed
a good way to put it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
listen... about the dead kids... what can you do

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

If the CDC says that 75% of kids will be infected in the next 3 months we should plan on it being 750% of kids being infected in the next 3 weeks.

gently caress, imagine getting COVID 7.5 times

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Judakel posted:

listen... about the dead kids... what can you do

biden gonna be like "look, i have a dead daughter, and a dead son, i understand what you're going through" to millions of families

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
people thought biden's dead kids made him relatable. yes, because he wanted to make everyone just like him

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

bedpan posted:

don't be absurd, that just means we'll be infecting everyone else's kids too

wait

poo poo

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

bedpan posted:

oh no yeah, I did that yesterday. I wasn't gonna go to this thing without having gotten the booster.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

El Mero Mero posted:

oh no yeah, I did that yesterday. I wasn't gonna go to this thing without having gotten the booster.

:hfive:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

bedpan posted:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I swear a similar (but not identical) article was posted like, literally yesterday? And most polls actually show that that's not true?

Like who are these articles written for? It's just like the ones about trust fund kids getting their first house by scrimping and saving (actually it's because they got a loan / deed from their parents) and it's like... ??? just why ??? who even falls for that anymore?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

miss your wage cage? don't worry many other americans do, and they're silent about it

Seriously, I work with a dip poo poo who still shows up, despite WFH every other day (we're supposed to work opposite schedules, yet I saw him every day this week, like WTF dude)

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Clocks posted:

I swear a similar (but not identical) article was posted like, literally yesterday? And most polls actually show that that's not true?

Like who are these articles written for? It's just like the ones about trust fund kids getting their first house by scrimping and saving (actually it's because they got a loan / deed from their parents) and it's like... ??? just why ??? who even falls for that anymore?

its by managers, for managers, so they can point it out to their managers to justify having everyone back into the office

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Clocks posted:

white collar professionals who subscribe to the times

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Remember the only reasons people want to go back to the office is they hate their families and want to continue having affairs

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

manufacturing consent machine go *brrrrrrrrrr*

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

"Believe in the afterlife!" I scream at my constituents as I leave them to die, convert their lands to pig poo poo ponds, and rail lines of cocaine off their children.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Clocks posted:

The portion of the population with enough disposable income to pay for a nyt subscription.

They are just preaching to the choir

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Clocks posted:

it's written for people in ownership/leadership positions to help make them feel better about their harmful, self-serving decisions

they're pushing the pre-pandemic status quo as hard as they can because that's the system that elevated them in the first place

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol they threw in a bunch of people who won't get paid wfh (retail) and also management to goose those numbers

what the hell, might as well read the deranged interviews used to pad out the article

quote:

Then his 10-year-old daughter caught Covid, forcing Mr. Orona, his wife and his two children to hole up at home. He found juggling the job and caring for his children to be nearly impossible to manage. Sometimes he had to cancel meetings to make sure his 2-year-old son got down for a nap.

“I’m with our 2½-year-old all the time, and I try to cram in a couple hours of work around that,” he said. “And then when we get him down for bed, I work into the middle of the night. It’s awful.”

your loving kid has covid and you're bitching about not being able to go into the office????

hmm, maybe the next paragraph will provide context

quote:

He caught Covid, too

YOU ABSOLUTE poo poo HEAD MOTHER FUCKER

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

fosborb posted:

hmm, maybe the next paragraph will provide context

YOU ABSOLUTE poo poo HEAD MOTHER FUCKER

Typhoid Mary was a visionary.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Google Butt posted:

lol just make an excuse to not go to the peak covid wave wedding its literally that easy

this but don't even go in the first place

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Buck Wildman posted:

"silent majority" is the "some argue" of journalism

insane office workers will be the silent comorbidity

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Durf posted:

"Believe in the afterlife!" I scream at my constituents as I leave them to die, convert their lands to pig poo poo ponds, and rail lines of cocaine off their children.

these people accurately represent their voters

unlike democrats 😂

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Yep lol, the most wonderful thing about truly internalizing the immortal science and its most applicable current form, Maoism, is that you suddenly realize all this poo poo is going on. The worst part is the same thing but when you realize you can't do anything where you're at and you find yourself seeing people you're told are your allies talking gleefully about how you're a monster and how great it'll be when you're purged along with the chuds (in some event they can't detail because they'd never support anything that could possibly lead to that)

Can anybody recommend a good introduction to Maoism?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

PerniciousKnid posted:

Can anybody recommend a good introduction to Maoism?

just read his book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotations_from_Chairman_Mao_Tse-tung

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rest in piss

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1431766373764567041?s=21

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

https://i.imgur.com/8a6TyxJ.gifv

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

text editor posted:

The portion of the population with enough disposable income to pay for a nyt subscription.

They are just preaching to the choir

I know at my department only one person stayed on site, when wfh was allowed .

People can’t wait to return back to office.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

The Walgreens website tells me I'm booking shot #2 when I schedule a shot. Do I just go forward with the appointment, then tell them I'm immunocompromised and it's shot 3 when I arrive? Do I just leave my card at home?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1431777458680905728 a jury lmao

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Steely Dad posted:

The Walgreens website tells me I'm booking shot #2 when I schedule a shot. Do I just go forward with the appointment, then tell them I'm immunocompromised and it's shot 3 when I arrive? Do I just leave my card at home?

their website sucks and has you book both appts at once

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
How are the side effects from the Moderna booster? I got really sick from dose 2 I'll need a booster soon. I might look at trying for it on Friday so I can recover over the 3 day weekend. Can I just go in and say I teach? Several of my students have compromised immune systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol if people think vaccines authorized for children would have stopped what we're seeing with delta right now

adolescents have been able to get vaxxed in the US since May and are still only 35% vaccinated

kids aren't going to get poo poo until it's fully approved and required to attend school