Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Yes, absolutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

freeman posted:

Worth dumping FAAB on Edwards? He was dropped for Michel and waivers clear tomorrow so unlikely to get official news about Dobbins before then.

Is it worth dumping FAAB on a starting RB on one of the most run heavy teams in the league? Hell yea

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah Jesus christ, like 50% or more of faab dude.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Think I'm going to throw 70% and hope that's enough.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1431742891207049219?s=19

Another knee sacrificed to the knee god.

edit: saw video of the injury. Planted foot with knee hyperextension. Can't imagine he plays this season.

If he avoided ligament damage a hyper extension is maybe 2 to 3 weeks

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

If he avoided ligament damage a hyper extension is maybe 2 to 3 weeks

Assuming this best case scenario how much sooner would you guys draft Gus Edwards? Seeing ADP 109, ECR 9.01. Thinking maybe a round or two at least.

Side note, having to draft remotely and basecamp just had a power outage 15 minutes before start time, good sign.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Owning Gus in dynasty owns

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The question for those of us in redraft leagues with people who arent stupid enough to drop Gus Edwards, is how much do we blow on Justice Hill? Or if there is a different Ravens backup RB that might be worth picking up.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The question for those of us in redraft leagues with people who arent stupid enough to drop Gus Edwards, is how much do we blow on Justice Hill? Or if there is a different Ravens backup RB that might be worth picking up.

Lamar’s running ability makes me question that any of those dudes will be worth drafting

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

I don't think the backups behind Gus Edwards offer much value. The Gus Edwards role behind Dobbins was worth something because of what Edwards had earned for himself. He is a very good and strong rusher; he consistently pops on Next Gen Stats in terms of rushing yards over expectation. He was gonna split touches at the goalline and serve as the closer in games they were leading. I don't think Justice Hill or Ty'Son Williams come in as a one-for-one replacement of that and they probably see usage more like a traditional change of pace option. And I don't think one really stands out from the other at the moment so there's a decent chance that if you bet on one, it'll be the other guy who pops.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Keith Atherton posted:

Lamar’s running ability makes me question that any of those dudes will be worth drafting

:same:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Dobbins injury came after I drafted him this morning.

Cool. Cool.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lesson: draft exactly one hour before the season starts.

Keith Atherton posted:

Major reason why I was never in on Dobbins in the first place.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

Can I get your feelings on Sanders?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

Lesson: draft exactly one hour before the season starts.

Eh, he and Gus together got like 1500-15 last year. The issue wasn't Lamar, it was the near even split between the two RBs.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Can I get your feelings on Sanders?

Sanders I'm having trouble rating, tbh (not that I'm an expert by any means, just a degenerate who likes this too much). Interested in other peoples' thoughts on him. On one hand, you have a worse offense than the Ravens, with more potential for negative game script, and the same problem of a mobile QB. On the other hand, Sanders has been a top RB before, and who is his competition in the backfield, Kerryon Johnson? Boston Scott? Not exactly threatening. Feels like a higher risk/reward proposition than some other RBs in that range.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shirts and skins posted:

Sanders I'm having trouble rating, tbh (not that I'm an expert by any means, just a degenerate who likes this too much). Interested in other peoples' thoughts on him. On one hand, you have a worse offense than the Ravens, with more potential for negative game script, and the same problem of a mobile QB. On the other hand, Sanders has been a top RB before, and who is his competition in the backfield, Kerryon Johnson? Boston Scott? Not exactly threatening. Feels like a higher risk/reward proposition than some other RBs in that range.

Kerryon got released with a knee injury.

Scott is a genuinely good change-of-pace guy and the coaching staff has said they want to get him more involved. They apparently dont trust Sanders very much with pass catching which is why they brought in Gainwell. I don't think that move made any sense. Sanders catch rate was slightly below 50% but it was Wentz throwing to him most of the season and Wentz sucked so :shrug:

Long story short he's the clear #1 but if they do what they say they're gonna do he will lose touches to those two. Just remains to be seen how much.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sanders is like a prime David Johnson level talent and the fact that they don’t give him the ball in space is so stupid.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Levin posted:

12 team snake redraft league this Saturday night, drafting 9th. Key differences from standard seem to be 3WR, Half PPR, 0.2/completion, 6pt Pass TD, -2int, 3 IDPs (LB, DB, DL), 9 bench.
In draft order:
Davante Adams
Joe Mixon
Josh Allen
Robert Woods
Kareem Hunt
Darrell Henderson
Melvin Gordon III
Tyler Boyd
Logan Thomas
Laviska Shenault Jr
Irv Smith Jr
Devante Parker
Roquan Smith
Myles Garrett
Rashad Penny
Cole Beasley
Malcolm Brown
Miami DEF
Derek Carr
Jason Sanders
John Johnson III

First 12-team league, host had a power outage which delayed the start, took roughly 4 hours to finish... Made some serious gently caress ups. Drafted Josh Allen too early, previous experience led me to believe a QB run was coming but Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott all dropped. Don't feel great about my TEs but made the best of bad situation given how the rest dropped I feel.

Not sure what my reasoning was behind Miami D but can stream. Derek Carr I don't know, got confused looking between rankings, should have gone with Tua but at least both have decent matchups for Allen's week 7 bye. I could have probably sniped a better DB but given how shallow our IDP lineup is it shouldn't matter.

Ended up using mostly Beersheets with FantasyPros to supplement it. Probably should throw that guy some $$$ his sheet is awesome was a huge help. MORE BEER FOR THE BEER GOD

edit: First 16 rounds for those interested:

Levin fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 29, 2021

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Quiet Feet posted:

What are people's thoughts re: Jonathan Taylor? Been farting sound with mocks and Fantasy Pros and Sleeper have widely different projections for him, the former expecting 250 and the latter closer to 300 in half ppr.

I'm not wildly optimistic on him because Wentz sucks and if he's anything like he was last year that offense is going to stutter.and they're just going to keep getting further and further behind late in games. And I think they'll mix in other backs given that Hines and Wilkins didn't look awful filling in. Who even knows what they'll use Mack for if anything?

I had Miles Sanders last year and he was unplayable when Wentz was under center, and improved drastically when Hurts was put in. Additionally, Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines are good running backs. Hines will be in there on a lot of 3rd downs and Mack is always a threat to replace Taylor as the starter if Taylor falters. Mack rushed for over 1000 yards in 14 games only 2 years ago (he was hurt last year).

The Colts should have a good O-line but everything else makes me heavily distrust the situation.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

I would greatly appreciate a sanity check as my keeper submission deadline nears. 10 team, 2 QB/3WR/2RB/WR-RB flex/TE league. Definitely keeping Mahomes (5th round) and Ekeler (8th). Currently planning to keep D'Andre Swift in the 7th but could keep McLaurin in the 4th, or I guess Claypool in the 19th.

Swift seems like the best overall play - Claypool may have the most raw value but seems too risky given that I don't really trust Roethlisberger to avoid crumbling into dust this year, and I like McLaurin's overall situation and chance to perform best but the difference between 4th and 7th rounds feels significant.

Giodo! fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 29, 2021

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'd probably keep swift in the 7th. Having a qb1 and 2 starting level rb's is worth giving up the value of claypool in the 19th. I wouldn't really consider giving a 4th for McLaurin. That's only like a round or two improvement of where he should be going and wr is really deep when compared to RB.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Artonos posted:

I'd probably keep swift in the 7th. Having a qb1 and 2 starting level rb's is worth giving up the value of claypool in the 19th. I wouldn't really consider giving a 4th for McLaurin. That's only like a round or two improvement of where he should be going and wr is really deep when compared to RB.
I agree with this. I'm starting to have concerns about Swift after investing in him a bunch but the situation be a great fantasy RB is there so its the smart play for that value.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 29, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

I agree with this. I'm starting to have concerns about Swift after investing in him a bunch but the situation be a great fantasy RB is there so its the smart play for that value.

Swift is gonna win leagues this year. 19th overall in HPPR despite under 200 touches and playing on a busted offense.

Anthony Lynn turned Ekeler from a UDFA into a first round PPR fantasy darling.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Drunk Nerds posted:

Swift is gonna win leagues this year. 19th overall in HPPR despite under 200 touches and playing on a busted offense.

Anthony Lynn turned Ekeler from a UDFA into a first round PPR fantasy darling.
Yeah thats part of why I've invested in him, thank you for the reminder :v:

Anthony Lynn + that OL + Goff dumping off = hopefully fantasy gold

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

freeman posted:

Think I'm going to throw 70% and hope that's enough.

Chickened out and dropped it to 50% and lost. If I knew Dobbins for sure was out for the season and they weren't bringing anyone good in I would have left it.

Had him in another league and accepted an offer of Miles Sanders this morning.

freeman fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 29, 2021

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Thank you all. I got cold feet about possibly undervaluing WR in a 3 WR league, but you're right - I can address WR in the early rounds (I also have an extra 3rd round pick via a trade).

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Assuming there is no elite TE available I'd grab your second qb and then just take a ton of wr's. Fill in the roster near the end of the draft with other injury away and elite backups at RB.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Does this subforum have a best ball league? Do we want one?

It looks like sleeper offers it now (free).

edit: I set one up, if enough people express interest, I'll start a thread and figure out a draft time

pmchem fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 29, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Draft tonight, how much are people factoring vaccination status into draft decisions? I'm currently treating it as a tie breaker when players fall into the same tier, apparently McCaffrey is a "declined to discuss vaccination status" guy but I'm not sure it's enough to knock him from the top spot.

I'm picking second so it might not even be relevant but the guy who's first tends to do stupid stuff like take QBs in the first round.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Draft tonight, how much are people factoring vaccination status into draft decisions? I'm currently treating it as a tie breaker when players fall into the same tier, apparently McCaffrey is a "declined to discuss vaccination status" guy but I'm not sure it's enough to knock him from the top spot.

I'm picking second so it might not even be relevant but the guy who's first tends to do stupid stuff like take QBs in the first round.

Im trying to draft confirmed vaxxed players with my top 4 picks or $25ish plus dollar bids. After that the opportunity cost isn't so great that I care if they're confirmed vaccinated. Although I'd probably still avoid unvaxxed guys until I got down to replacement level players.

Also greatly prefer vaxxed QBs since you could have a two week hole in your lineup if they have a bad bout of covid. I think the standout unvaxxed player there is Lamar Jackson. So he still is probably worth drafting.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Party Boat posted:

I have a feeling the league told them to answer like that to keep it ambiguous since they all have the exact same phrasing. Right now the problem is we only know that some players are unvaccinated because they either admitted it or due to whatever league mandated covid protocols they need to follow (wearing a mask on the sidelines, long quarantine from secondary exposure etc.). Even though most teams have a reasonably high percentage of players vaccinated, I have a feeling the unvaccinated players are biased towards more fantasy relevant players since someone just trying to make the roster as the 5th WR needs to get vaxed to make themselves more desirable to the team, while Lamar Jackson or DeAndre Hopkins will not be cut either way. Since as far as I know we don't have full vaccination status for everyone, I feel like there is a risk that if you skip a star player due to being unvaxed, the lower ADP player that you chose instead of them might also be unvaccinated, but they were smart enough to not tweet about it. I think it would be a good tie breaker for players you like somewhat equally, but I would not choose Emmanuel Sanders over Hopkins just because I know he is vaxed and Hopkins is not.

I am actually surprised no list has been compiled for this yet with all of the fantasy sites out there, figure watching training camp and such people would be able to figure it out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Drafting in my big important (snake) draft this morning.

I'm drafting third and the running backs left will be

Dalvin Cook (going first, the guy already told me he's picking him)
Alvin Kamara (the guy would be a fool to take anybody else)
Saquon Barkley
Jonathan Taylor
Nick Chubb
Austin Ekeler

I don't galaxy brain this, right? If Saquon falls to me I have to take him? Justin Jefferson is my keeper in the 8th and the league is .5 PPR. I'd be a fool to take Taylor or anybody else yeah?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

Drafting in my big important (snake) draft this morning.

I'm drafting third and the running backs left will be

Dalvin Cook (going first, the guy already told me he's picking him)
Alvin Kamara (the guy would be a fool to take anybody else)
Saquon Barkley
Jonathan Taylor
Nick Chubb
Austin Ekeler

I don't galaxy brain this, right? If Saquon falls to me I have to take him? Justin Jefferson is my keeper in the 8th and the league is .5 PPR. I'd be a fool to take Taylor or anybody else yeah?

Confused, CMC still on the board then? Assuming no there's still Ezekiel Elliot and Derrick Henry that would round out the top 5 on most boards.

Saquon dropped to 2.03 in my 12-team Half PPR league fwiw.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Levin posted:

Confused, CMC still on the board then? Assuming no there's still Ezekiel Elliot and Derrick Henry that would round out the top 5 on most boards.

Saquon dropped to 2.03 in my 12-team Half PPR league fwiw.

It's a keeper league, so CMC is being kept.

I'm not sure how I feel about Barkley in functionally redraft because of the injury. I might take someone else.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Right keepers crossed out:

My hope is that #2 takes Saquon and removes the doubt. I have a tough decision and Saquon is just now getting back to practicing.

But also Taylor could be kind of a flash in the pan I fear. If I trust the beersheet the answer is Saquon but I'm just worried about it.

edit: also I'm super happy I selected Justin Jefferson in the 8th over Dobbins in the second as my keeper

kiimo fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 29, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you put an x to the left of a players name in a column you get it blacked out 🙂

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spoeank posted:

If you put an x to the left of a players name in a column you get it blacked out 🙂

Have you guys thought about the various integrations to let it sync if someone is using it in sheets?

You can pull from sleeper API or MFL the draft status.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
obviously it depends who youre keeping but id rather one of the sure-fire elite wrs (adams, hill +/- diggs, ridley for me) over one of the rbs with ?s (e.g. barkley, taylor, some other guys). it depends on your own personal assessment where that line is. fwiw, i like ekeler or chubb more than barkley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Well that's convenient

got some chores tonight posted:

obviously it depends who youre keeping but id rather one of the sure-fire elite wrs (adams, hill +/- diggs, ridley for me) over one of the rbs with ?s (e.g. barkley, taylor, some other guys). it depends on your own personal assessment where that line is. fwiw, i like ekeler or chubb more than barkley.

I think there's a good reason why the value is higher on the RBs I mentioned than Davante or Tyreek.

If I take a receiver there I now have two wide receivers and I don't draft again until pick 2.11 and I'm looking at going into the season with a starting RB of like David Montgomery.

Kelce is the crazy option as well but I think I'm best served by taking RB there.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 29, 2021