Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Drakkel posted:

It's both funny and kind of sad when you see an NXT person for the first time and realize they've been in the PC going to wrestling school for longer than the Attitude Era existed and are still only barely good enough to get on developmental tv

How is this possible? I understand it can take time for someone to get good in the ring but the PC has some amazing coaches and facilities. How are they unable to get someone in presentable shape in that period of time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Renaissance Spam posted:

How is this possible? I understand it can take time for someone to get good in the ring but the PC has some amazing coaches and facilities. How are they unable to get someone in presentable shape in that period of time?

I'm guessing the pandemic probably has something to do with it. That only accounts for part of it.

Who does the PC still have as coaches? Is Norman Smiley still around?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Renaissance Spam posted:

Was it Ridge Holland or like, Artuo Ruas or someone who was in the PC for like 7 years? And Aliyah has been there for like 6+?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Was it Ridge Holland or like, Artuo Ruas or someone who was in the PC for like 7 years? And Aliyah has been there for like 6+?

you're thinking of Kona Reeves

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm guessing the pandemic probably has something to do with it. That only accounts for part of it.

Who does the PC still have as coaches? Is Norman Smiley still around?
According to wikipedia:

Brian Duncan, Chris Guy (Ace Steel), David Bailey, Fit Finlay, Johnny Moss, Matt Bloom (Albert), Norman Smiley, Robbie Brookside, Ryan Katz (GQ Money), Sara Amato (Sara Del Rey), Scott Armstrong, Scott Garland (Scotty 2 Hotty), Sean Hayes, Steve Corino, Tanner Robinson, Tara Halaby and Terry Taylor.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Eva Marie has been around for a close to a decade and she's still complete dogshit in the ring.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lone Goat posted:

Eva Marie has been around for a close to a decade and she's still complete dogshit in the ring.

That's more due to her absolute unwillingness to do anything other than WWE style, which by itself is complete dogshit in ring. But you can nail that entrance and find the hardcam blind drunk.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
At least she makes main roster money at lot of the time to be a terrible wrestler. I don't understand what these people are doing in the performance center for years making peanuts and ALSO not learning how to wrestle at all.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cultshit mostly.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Renaissance Spam posted:

They've purposely trained them wrong, as a joke.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

huge respect to Eva Marie for taking WWE's money for years and years

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sticky Nate posted:

huge respect to Eva Marie for taking WWE's money for years and years

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Renaissance Spam posted:

The WWE doesn't tell their coaches to teach the things that would make people into great wrestlers. They want them doing drills and lifting heavy in ways that destroy your knees and learning where the hard camera is.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Drakkel posted:

It's both funny and kind of sad when you see an NXT person for the first time and realize they've been in the PC going to wrestling school for longer than the Attitude Era existed and are still only barely good enough to get on developmental tv

At some point you really just need to loving get our there and have matches and they can't do that in WWE. Fuckin sucks.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This is why New Japan sends people on excursion. Teach them a fundamental core in an excellent training environment until they are excellent at it, then send them to experiment somewhere else and come back good. Or in the case of Wato, come back.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Or in the case of Wato, come back.

hahaha

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Checks out, Wato was always good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drakkel posted:

Meanwhile on New Japan, there are two new Young Boys who have had THREE televised matches and they've all been bangers and they're already telling a compelling story also involving a THIRD Young Boy who has only had one televised match where he got injured and he's furious that he has to stand on the sidelines watching these guys tear it up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

We need a new Dave Meltzer David Flair titantron but updated with AEW charts instead of WCW charts.

Also, :ughh:

https://twitter.com/KaraOnza/status/1431291863940562945?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

We need a new Dave Meltzer David Flair titantron but updated with AEW charts instead of WCW charts.

Also, :ughh:

https://twitter.com/KaraOnza/status/1431291863940562945?s=20

he gets the name of the aew rampage ep wrong in the first paragraph

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahaha, on the Bryan/Lance Figure Four Weekly, apparently Brock Lesnar getting a new deal was a last minute thing because Fox was pissed off that WWE didn't make CM Punk a big money offer to keep him from going to AEW :laugh:

Brock getting paid again, CM Punk costing Vince money, Fox pissed off at WWE. You love to see it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Ahaha, on the Bryan/Lance Figure Four Weekly, apparently Brock Lesnar getting a new deal was a last minute thing because Fox was pissed off that WWE didn't make CM Punk a big money offer to keep him from going to AEW :laugh:

Brock getting paid again, CM Punk costing Vince money, Fox pissed off at WWE. You love to see it.

Yeah the Brock thing was way more transparent as a reaction to Punk. The Becky stuff was clearly more a factor of Sasha being pulled

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I have also heard that Universal is mad that Fox is getting Brock and Becky.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:sickos:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
whats that? you can't serve two masters? man if only someone had said something about this in the last 2,000 years

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NFL and NBA can keep multiple TV companies happy or at least content but that involves working with them and that will 100% trip Vince up

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

NFL and NBA can keep multiple TV companies happy or at least content but that involves working with them and that will 100% trip Vince up

It’s just the brand split. In every other sport, each network has access to all the stars at one time or another.

Having a brand split in this situation is really dumb.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Remember when Vince tried to strongarm the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.... IN Saudi Arabia? :cripes:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Remember when Vince tried to strongarm the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.... IN Saudi Arabia? :cripes:

The fact they have had to pay millions to settle lawsuits cause they actually don't want details on record about that trip is the cherry on top

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone still shook by the fact that CMLL guys can make more money in ROH than CMLL :staredog:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

algebra testes posted:

Is anyone still shook by the fact that CMLL guys can make more money in ROH than CMLL :staredog:

Not really, it's CMLL

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s just the brand split. In every other sport, each network has access to all the stars at one time or another.

Having a brand split in this situation is really dumb.

Fox WANTED the brand split so they could have exclusive wrestlers.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

CMLL pays on gates so when Arena Mexico is full the pay isn't too bad for Mexico. It's just that Arena Mexican can't be full cause of Covid and people aren't throwing money onto the ring

Now if CMLL adapted and let its talent work indies against AAA guys we wouldn't be having the exodus but CMLL gonna CMLL. Except this time with the pandemic and bad booking and a talent pipeline that seems broken they might not recover

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Edward Mass posted:

Fox WANTED the brand split so they could have exclusive wrestlers.

...and then WWE almost IMMEDIATELY spit in their face with this by having Brock Lesnar show up and basically cut a promo about how Smackdown is a dogshit show for losers and demanded to go back to RAW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

algebra testes posted:

ROH pays contracted guys really well and it's usually true that Mexican stars make more for a foreign booking than in Mexico. That's why so many guys getting access to visas recently is huge. Even LA Park is willing to do jobs in MLW because he's making good money (while most US indie guys get $150 a shot in MLW.)

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

ROH pays contracted guys really well and it's usually true that Mexican stars make more for a foreign booking than in Mexico. That's why so many guys getting access to visas recently is huge. Even LA Park is willing to do jobs in MLW because he's making good money (while most US indie guys get $150 a shot in MLW.)

christ almighty. i know that people sell shirts and poo poo, but MLW does have tapings and a contact with vice, loving /surely/ they can pay their goddamn wrestlers more than a show in a school gym

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nea posted:

christ almighty. i know that people sell shirts and poo poo, but MLW does have tapings and a contact with vice, loving /surely/ they can pay their goddamn wrestlers more than a show in a school gym

This is a figure from 2 years ago but I haven't heard anything about it going up.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nea posted:

I looked for MLW on Vice the other way and it doesn't appear to be on. Is it still supposed to be on?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Don't ask me, I do not watch it. I just know of it. I will start watching it when Azteca Underground becomes a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

This is a figure from 2 years ago but I haven't heard anything about it going up.
Apparently, if you stand firm and negotiate, it's not so bad. How many wrestlers are doing that, I have no idea.