Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Good morning

https://twitter.com/hotgirlzizek/status/1431572819599577088?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Golden Bee posted:

have someone in your bubble watch YouTube tutorials until they can give a haircut halfway decent.

early on last year, we set up a webcam and had our normal hair person walk me through cutting my wife's hair (how to find the occipital bone, etc) and we just venmod her the regular price and then kept doing that at her normally scheduled haircuts

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

pancake rabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1431812363448094721

*flips number sign with label "days since delta hunted down a white republican boomer talk radio host" from 1 back to 0*

SEE HERE - WELFARE DAD KNOCKS WIFE UP AND DIES SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO PAY

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I got some rechargeable electric clippers for sixteen bucks (at the time) and I just do a #2 all over every couple weeks

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

VomitOnLino posted:

Since we're exchanging CRACK/PINGS and other helpful ideas here anyway:

How do you goons deal with your hair?
Mine is so long now I can tie it up into a pony tail which is annoying as gently caress and probably accelerates my male pattern baldness lol.

I'd just use my buzzer to cut it but there's two problems with that:
1) My buzzer is kinda poo poo and gives up half way through - that was fun finding that out in the early days of the pandemic...
2) Even as I eventually managed to complete it manually, I realized that I had a skull shape that makes me look like a cross breed between KZ escapee and potato

I haven't had a professional haircut in since feb 2020 and man. it is weird. I used to do full bleach and color into a tight A line and now I just kind of do a loose chop for an A line to keep it from getting too long and irritating me about every 4 months and literally all my bleached hair has grown out and is gone.

It's a very weird way that I have been marking time. It's like COVID has gone on long enough that im a whole different person.

Anyway, I bought some good sharp scissors online and after a shower I just comb it with the part that I like to keep and then I start high behind my head and angle down to my chin in order to give myself the same tight A line and then I chop in a little bit to give it a messy look that I like having. I oddly enough still get lots of compliments on zoom from work that my hair looks fancy so I guess it works.

I have some good bleach and know how to do it properly and some nice joico colors stashed away. Been thinkin bout going wild again.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 29, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

VomitOnLino posted:

I let it grow until I have a good drunk that compels me to sit in the tub and shave it all off, OP.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VomitOnLino posted:

Mine is so long now I can tie it up into a pony tail which is annoying as gently caress and probably accelerates my male pattern baldness lol.

I'd just use my buzzer to cut it but there's two problems with that:
1) My buzzer is kinda poo poo and gives up half way through - that was fun finding that out in the early days of the pandemic...
2) Even as I eventually managed to complete it manually, I realized that I had a skull shape that makes me look like a cross breed between KZ escapee and potato

Put the bun on top so it doesn't pull as hard or use a chunky scrunchie

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Helith posted:

I’ve heard that there are hairdressers and barbers doing online services where they will guide someone through cutting either their own hair or someone else’s

That sounds cool. Because basically I don't want a repeat of today at the supermarket.

Standing at the cashier while some old is super slow to count my BEANZ only for about 12 morons half of them mask-less and shouting at each other to pile into the supermarket and me being unable to go anywhere unless the dumb transaction is completed. Hence me also wanting a respirator. The people are clearly too stupid (worldwide) and can't be trusted with this.

I mean at least with the supermarket checkout I can hold my breath and then hopefully stagger out.
At the barbers where this takes considerably longer you're basically hosed. And you basically have to hope that the barber you end up with isn't an idiot chud...

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

sunday morning

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Shaved head for like 20 years (lol) here is my advice; get rotary clippers they start at like $50 and go up to maybe $100 but they last forever, thousands and thousands of haircuts. The reciprocal ones have to go back and forth and there is always a point in time when they're reversing direction when they have no torque and will get stuck on you hair.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Put the bun on top so it doesn't pull as hard or use a chunky scrunchie

That's a good tip, thanks.
I'm basically a total long hair novice (well beyond neck length that is), no aesthetic reasons it's just like silicone thrills said it just gets super annoying.

silicone thrills posted:

I haven't had a professional haircut in since feb 2020 and man. it is weird. I used to do full bleach and color into a tight A line and now I just kind of do a loose chop for an A line to keep it from getting too long and irritating me about every 4 months and literally all my bleached hair has grown out and is gone.

It's a very weird way that I have been marking time. It's like COVID has gone on long enough that im a whole different person.

Anyway, I bought some good sharp scissors online and after a shower I just comb it with the part that I like to keep and then I start high behind my head and angle down to my chin in order to give myself the same tight A line and then I chop in a little bit to give it a messy look that I like having. I oddly enough still get lots of compliments on zoom from work that my hair looks fancy so I guess it works.

I have some good bleach and know how to do it properly and some nice joico colors stashed away. Been thinkin bout going wild again.

Thanks I guess I should just jump over my shadow and give it a shot.
If it all goes south I guess I can still go bald and wear my cab-drivers cap or something lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infect me plague daddy

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

I just do a #2 all over every couple weeks

See a doctor

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

VomitOnLino posted:

That sounds cool. Because basically I don't want a repeat of today at the supermarket.

Standing at the cashier while some old is super slow to count my BEANZ only for about 12 morons half of them mask-less and shouting at each other to pile into the supermarket and me being unable to go anywhere unless the dumb transaction is completed. Hence me also wanting a respirator. The people are clearly too stupid (worldwide) and can't be trusted with this.

I mean at least with the supermarket checkout I can hold my breath and then hopefully stagger out.
At the barbers where this takes considerably longer you're basically hosed. And you basically have to hope that the barber you end up with isn't an idiot chud...

Depending on where you are, go to Korean hairdressers.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
‘We’re on a mission’: the Texas firefighters who will bring a Covid vaccine to your door

quote:

In Corpus Christi, a majority-Latino beach town with a population of about 327,000 in Texas’s coastal bend, almost a thousand residents have already died from the virus. And with cases surging out of control again and all intensive care beds filled, local officials are working feverishly to preempt further tragedy.

The saying goes you can bring a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. With universal in-home vaccinations like Valenzuela’s, Corpus is bringing the water to every horse in town. And still, so many won’t drink.

They’ve been eligible for months, but just a little more than half of the local population age 12 and older has gotten fully vaccinated. Uptake is even lower than in Texas as a whole, which already lags behind much of the country.
Rocha’s firefighters are working overtime after 24-hour shifts to help anyone who wants a shot. They’ve administered more than 6,000 doses to homebound patients since the end of January and more recently vaccinated 229 members of the wider public.
So far, more than a hundred Corpus Christi fire department staff members have been diagnosed with Covid-19. Every day, another spouse, child, parent or sibling falls ill.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

crepeface posted:

we've been over it a bunch of times but basically there were pre-peer reviewed invitro studies that seemed to imply it would have some effect (at doses that would be fatal to humans). the authors have since pulled the studies since one of the sources had some issue with bad lab practises or faked results or something like that.

ivermectin has been used in some poor countries in africa and south america for various things so they started using it for covid as well.

a bunch of grifters took it up and various governors/high up people (that have stocks in the company that produce it) promoted it too.

There are serious scientists who think it might still be of some small benefit including the guy who has been finding all the fraud in the papers that claim it is a wonder cure. But we're talking maybe slightly more useful than remdesvir.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Der Meister posted:

is there anyone who isn’t breaking down

I pinged like a decade ago, been doing pretty well

It's actually really loving interesting to me watching the discourse abruptly shift the past 10 days from "lol, gently caress these control freaks" to ":qq: WHY WON'T THEY CARE :qq: THAT WE'RE DYING??? :qq:" I think we're rapidly approaching a pivot point here

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pancake rabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1431812363448094721

*flips number sign with label "days since delta hunted down a white republican boomer talk radio host" from 1 back to 0*

lmao it keeps happening

die you fat slug fucks, die

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
CVS trip report

-Checked in with real name and card
-Pharmacist in good green N95 with face shield, not loving around
-No questions
-Pretty sure they gave a walk in behind me third dose too, no questions
-Another guy walks in to get first dose because a vaccine mandate somewhere here is affecting him, asks if he can get both doses today so he is allowed back. They say no. It's Moderna day so he has to wait a month. Says he never gets sick after the shot but is chill
-Moderna #3 like #2 so (pretty rough)

in conclusion

smoobles posted:

(Crysis suit voice) MAXIMUM TITERS

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

RedQueen posted:

CVS trip report

-No questions
-Another guy walks in to get first dose because a vaccine mandate somewhere here is affecting him, asks if he can get both doses today so he is allowed back. They say no. It's Moderna day so he has to wait a month

in conclusion

my bro and I are going trolling for boosters tomorrow so I'll hit up the CVS's first

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

how many talk show hosts could there possibly be. covids got to be making sizable dent

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Walmart does Moderna and cares about as much as youd expect walmart to

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

spaceblancmange posted:

There are serious scientists who think it might still be of some small benefit including the guy who has been finding all the fraud in the papers that claim it is a wonder cure. But we're talking maybe slightly more useful than remdesvir.

i feel like the conversation is significantly different for an american with easy access to mrna vax (theyre waaaay better on paper) vs some random indian with limited choices. the early papers were coming out at the same time deaths were ticking up for the horror show in india and anything to help would have been great.

beyond having better drug options in the usa, it probably helps to take human pharmaceutical-grade ivermectin over horse paste too. goddamn oppositional morons.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gresh posted:

lol i'd like to know the origins of how ivermectin became the miracle covid killer for chuds, it feels like a very Qanon thing

tucker carlson and laura ingraham have been hyping it up for weeks

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

turd in my singlet posted:

how many talk radio hosts are there anyways

what portion of them have died from covid

too many, and not enough

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Gresh posted:

lol i'd like to know the origins of how ivermectin became the miracle covid killer for chuds, it feels like a very Qanon thing

Right-wing media pundits always shill alternative medicine poo poo.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

At first read I missed 'a' and 'vaccine' in that headline, gave me a very hearty lol.

Texas running a door-to-door COVID infection service is totally believable, too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Toot it and tube it

Bent it and vent it

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Delta is absolutely ruthless, if you get vented thats it apparently. Andre Jacque the chud state senator from Wisconsin seems to be the next one. Kind of disappointed that Cardinal made it

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

RedQueen posted:

CVS trip report

-No questions
-Another guy walks in to get first dose because a vaccine mandate somewhere here is affecting him, asks if he can get both doses today so he is allowed back. They say no. It's Moderna day so he has to wait a month. Says he never gets sick after the shot but is chill

in conclusion

great, #2 was hell. mild heart palps, falling down stairs, shivering so hard my teeth ached for a week; it was great. so great. looking forward to this every 4th month forever I guess.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
mother in law works in the elementary school system here

100% has covid rn.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

It's possible the booster gives a permanent titers boost so we won't need a shot every 5 months. Possible.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
loving lol of course the chuds are now MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS KILLING US

The down side is when they die at home, they don't count towards the statistics.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

great, #2 was hell. mild heart palps, falling down stairs, shivering so hard my teeth ached for a week; it was great. so great. looking forward to this every 4th month forever I guess.

I did Pfizer #3 after moderna originals, and it was child's play compared to moderna #2. Little sore arm, little hot. Didn't even feel the shot either.

I could do Pfizer every 4-5 months.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nothus posted:

loving lol of course the chuds are now MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS KILLING US

The down side is when they die at home, they don't count towards the statistics.

nah this is just the opening salvo when they start triaging non-vaccinated patients to shooting up hospitals

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Chamale posted:

It's possible the booster gives a permanent titers boost so we won't need a shot every 5 months. Possible.

It's also possible new and more vaccine-evasive variants catch on every 5 months.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

RedQueen posted:

All the people I know who say they "never get sick" actually get sick all the goddamn time and just pretend it isn't happening. The last square job I worked in the long ago distant past was at a school, and there was a dude in that office who insisted he never got sick even though he'd be sneezing and coughing at his desk all the loving time.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
So uh... Anyone had any success getting antivax relatives to get the vaccine? Some of my in-laws are antivax, already had some painful conversations with them about vaccines.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
friend revealed that, because her kid is 2, he usually doesn’t wear a mask when they go out

having a real hard time not saying RIP LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
like 8 out of 10 of the top stories on Washington post are about Afghanistan lol