Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nodelphi posted:

My wife and I received it. We did fine infusion takes 20 min, have to wait an hour after infusion for monitoring. We both felt bad the night after but better the next day.

Battening down the hatches goon. Covid didn’t get me, hopefully Ida is as kind.

uhhh its not looking good, you may want to drop everything at drive north at 80mph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

oh god are you actually still in the city

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Animal-Mother posted:

I hate this word more and more every day.

normalcy is evolving to mean something completely different than what it used to

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

oh god are you actually still in the city

Yeah, wife and kids have covid, I’m not gonna expose some hotel workers to all that. We’re battening down and will hope for the best. Not a whole lot of options plus I am on the backup crew for the ER. The hospital is pretty full and there are people who need care.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Anyone got any lockdown birthday ideas for the wife? This is her second lockdown birthday, also celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in lockdown. :( I have no idea what to do.

This should cover all special events

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Nodelphi posted:

Yeah, wife and kids have covid, I’m not gonna expose some hotel workers to all that. We’re battening down and will hope for the best. Not a whole lot of options plus I am on the backup crew for the ER. The hospital is pretty full and there are people who need care.

I mean this is imo a fair call, but allow me to :catstare:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/1431984181643513863?s=20

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nodelphi posted:

you won’t be driving to the ER in this are you staying at the hospital? that’s probably preferable

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler

Koirhor posted:

you won’t be driving to the ER in this are you staying at the hospital? that’s probably preferable

No I’m the relief crew. I have an off-road vehicle to get there when needed. I’ve had to do this before.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nodelphi posted:

Well... that's your choice to make I suppose.
Hopefully you at least have a third story to hide out on.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Real Mean Queen posted:

The best lockdown media is anything that sucks that also takes forever to get through. I regret not keeping a list of all of the horrible things I’ve watched all the way through during the pandemic, but there are some real winners in there like Lexx and Teen Mom 2. I think I’ve seen most of the notable tv adaptations of Stephen King’s works, and I definitely watched all of The Magicians. I saw a good amount of True Blood before I got too bored, and I’ve been going through Below Deck: Mediterranean because it’s like Vanderpump Rules but with added boat problems.

I’m still locking myself down, I’ve got this down to a science. Find something that you instinctually hate in a way where you can yell at it, put it on your second monitor or some other situation where you can still post or play games while hating it, and just let it rip. Pause it when you go to the bathroom.

The final level is Love Island and a lot of weed

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nodelphi posted:

My wife and I received it. We did fine infusion takes 20 min, have to wait an hour after infusion for monitoring. We both felt bad the night after but better the next day.

Keep your head down, doc. Best of luck.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
There are 12 seasons of Murder She Wrote. One nice thing is she's not a cop and most of the police on the show are idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vksQlLF7JB8

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The Covidcane is looking really bad

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Nodelphi posted:

glad to see you postin man.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

smoobles posted:

The Covidcane is looking really bad

If it helps, think about all the grifting opportunities for the wealthy subsequent to all the destruction. Doesn't seem so bad anymore, right?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Took a couple stabs at writing a spec script for a movie called "Infernocane" that I thought I could maybe sell to the SciFi channel back after Katrina. Maybe I should dust it off.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
So if you take your vaccine card to a clinic for the 3rd shot, will they care if you're switching from Pfizer to Moderna?

Asking ahead since I just got my second dose this week and I assume I should probably wait a few months before getting a booster

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Goatse Master posted:

So if you take your vaccine card to a clinic for the 3rd shot, will they care if you're switching from Pfizer to Moderna?

Asking ahead since I just got my second dose this week and I assume I should probably wait a few months before getting a booster

If you follow the Israeli schedule it's a 5 month wait.

Supposedly waiting a bit longer is better since it leads to a bigger antibody response.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1431986259539410949

yelling racist “n” word

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47HgrBeg1t8

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

Ham Wrangler

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Well... that's your choice to make I suppose.
Hopefully you at least have a third story to hide out on.

Yeah, not a great choice I admit but besides the work obligations, my dumbass elderly parents didn’t evacuate and neither did my in-laws, one of which is bed bound and on hospice. I won’t abandon them. That being said I realize the risks, I have supplies and I do have experience with previous hurricanes, including Katrina.

I am not implying that staying is smart or a good call. Some people need to stay though to care for people who can’t leave.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol. rofl

https://twitter.com/quatoria/status/1431942280873750535/photo/1

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao at the one about the hospital getting a lawyer letter to switch over to horse paste after the Chud was put on the ventilator.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

feeling attacked rn

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Louisgod posted:

we need that same color gradient for covid trackers

bookmarked

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this is the end of you s'wit

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Nodelphi posted:

I do not know what to say to this, other than that I promise to tell your story so long as you keep telling us your story. Let us know if you need anything that can be sent to you, okay? Stay safe, post when you can, remain rubber side down.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

saying the n word racistly is almost as bad as saying it gamerly

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
VT update for 8/29

134 new cases (189 yesterday)
29 hospitalized (-4 from yesterday)
7 in ICU (-1 from yesterday)
no new deaths

2.8% positive 7-day average

(nb: VT is once again reporting new cases on the weekend, but many testing sites are closed)

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
my Biden is OPEn

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

jisforjosh posted:

My brain parsed that as he was eating out a guy

his fault for not having the comma tbh

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

etalian posted:

We pretty much saw what happens like the video of the Egyptian hospital in which the oxygen supply system malfunctioned, killed all the COV19 in the ward.

We saw what happened in Indian hospitals when they out of oxygen too.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OhFunny posted:

We saw what happened in Indian hospitals when they out of oxygen too.

But here in the USA we said to ourselves, this would never happen to us.

This is nation in which states are throwing out a few hundred thousand vaccine doses each month due to lack of demand.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Goatse Master posted:

they will wink at you while saying 'there's really no difference' and then give you the good vax

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I like the way the dude he's trying to pick a fight with instantly levels him and then goes back to being defensive.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nodelphi posted:

Yeah, not a great choice I admit but besides the work obligations, my dumbass elderly parents didn’t evacuate and neither did my in-laws, one of which is bed bound and on hospice. I won’t abandon them. That being said I realize the risks, I have supplies and I do have experience with previous hurricanes, including Katrina.

I am not implying that staying is smart or a good call. Some people need to stay though to care for people who can’t leave.

You're a good person, goon speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

this poster is now dead, lol

https://twitter.com/MarcBernierShow/status/1421072368529780740