Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
With there being so much focus moving forward with Disney+ shows in the MCU, I wonder if ideas like New Warriors, Damage Control, Ghost Rider, etc would be revisited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So far all of the Disney+ stuff is in service to the movies as promotion. They haven’t announced anything yet that’s just other stories in the MCU.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

So far all of the Disney+ stuff is in service to the movies as promotion. They haven’t announced anything yet that’s just other stories in the MCU.

She-Hulk perhaps. It's not setting up any movies really as I still don't think Marvel can make any solo Hulk films as Universal has right of first refusal.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i just finished cloak and dagger and it was good so they should that one back too

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

She-Hulk perhaps. It's not setting up any movies really as I still don't think Marvel can make any solo Hulk films as Universal has right of first refusal.

That's true, I forgot about that one. Moon Knight too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't really think What If? is setting up anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not setting anything up, but it's extra current phase multiverse content.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

I don't really think What If? is setting up anything.

There are some crazy rumors that Captain Carter is gonna be in Multiverse of Madness with Atwell playing her for live action.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hayley Jackedwell

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Codependent Poster posted:

There are some crazy rumors that Captain Carter is gonna be in Multiverse of Madness with Atwell playing her for live action.

She should show up in Dr Strange 2 but still be an animated character, IMO.

Do the same for the Spiderverse characters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holland Parker : wait why are you a cartoon?
Peter Porker : I outdoor sdk you the same thing, why are you live action?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Holland Parker : wait why are you a cartoon?
Peter Porker : I outdoor sdk you the same thing, why are you live action?

This is too good of an autocorrect to let you edit it out.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

X-O posted:

My guess is it might not set up a She-Hulk movie, but it definitely sets up She-Hulk showing up in various team ups later without the movie having to explain who she is. We also know it goes the other way too now, since Riri Williams is gonna show up in BP2 before Ironheart, which makes me wonder if Walters or Spector might be showing up in a film somewhere first as well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, in like every mental image I have of the "New Avengers" its like Sam and She Hulk and then I'm not sure. But She Hulk feels like such an Avenger to me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, in like every mental image I have of the "New Avengers" its like Sam and She Hulk and then I'm not sure. But She Hulk feels like such an Avenger to me.

Carol, Sam, Rhodey, Shang, Bucky, She Hulk, Strange, whoever the new Panther is, and maybe Spidey.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

She-Hulk is setting up for Jennifer Walters to appear in the Fantastic Four film instead of Johnny Storm. :getin:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

theironjef posted:

My guess is it might not set up a She-Hulk movie, but it definitely sets up She-Hulk showing up in various team ups later without the movie having to explain who she is.

yeah, that's what they're shooting for with spectrum and ms marvel and Captain marvel 2, so it'd make sense

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JordanKai posted:

She-Hulk is setting up for Jennifer Walters to appear in the Fantastic Four film instead of Johnny Storm. :getin:

How dare you

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Codependent Poster posted:

Carol, Sam, Rhodey, Shang, Bucky, She Hulk, Strange, whoever the new Panther is, and maybe Spidey.

There's unquestionably options but I've created this elaborate scenario in my head where Carol and Fury start the Ultimates to deal with space stuff and Strange starts the Defenders with Spidey and Wanda to deal with the multiverse and Bucky starts the Thunderbolts to give others a second chance so then like that's room for a more new New Avengers led by Sam. But She Hulk is always my #1 recruit for that.

Like I just feel like we're moving into the phase where it makes less sense for everyone to be an Avenger and more for that big winding universe of different problems and different teams to develop. But then of course that all ends in one major event where everyone Assembles.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

JordanKai posted:

Only if we get X-23, Maddie Jameson Spider-Girl, and Alejandra Jones Ghost Rider as well. Just full New Fantastic Four in a fashion designed to piss off as many people as possible.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This is too good of an autocorrect to let you edit it out.

I got a galaxy S21 not to long ago and its autocorrect is really, really weird. Like it will autocorrect words that are only one letter off to something completely different. When i texted my sister recently "we are just looking for parking" i accidentally write larking and it autocorrected it to lawyers :psyduck:

It does lead to hilarious results though.

Have they said anything about Loki being in Love and Thunder? I was thinking with Loki it does leave the door open for him to come back into the wider MCU, hell you can even explain it away with Thor saying he doesn't care how he's back, just that he is. This also made me think about how Loki, when given the chance, will take the heroic path.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Holy poo poo the loving "The Suicide Squad" movie was good.

I'm sad about Boomerang, flag, polka, and javelin all dying. I would have liked to have seen the last one do something cool like the brief boomerang sequence.

I hope 3 has flag come back. Ostrander had that ad a twist in his later mini series sequel.

All the characters were about perfect.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Cartridgeblowers posted:

It's this, mostly:

Edit: man, I don't think I've ever been able to post an "edit; fb" before. Hell yeahE

Edit 2: For the record, Black Knight in a jacket loving works

Wait at one point an eternal AND an inhuman were avengers?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Noob Saibot posted:

Wait at one point an eternal AND an inhuman were avengers?

And according to Kurt Busiek neither of them should have been!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
busiek is frequently right about things in regards to comic books

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

OnimaruXLR posted:

busiek is frequently right about things in regards to comic books

I mean, he seemed to oppose the Spider-Marriage IIRC, so he's not right all the time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Opposed to it happening in the first place, which I totally agree with,. Once it happened, it was fine.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Opposed to it happening in the first place, which I totally agree with,. Once it happened, it was fine.

Wait, you thought Peter Parker and Mary Jane shouldn't have gotten married in 87?

Is it because it was a monogamous marriage....

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It just felt rushed, even as someone who read it years later. Black Cat was a lot of fun in the 80’s, but him and MJ were going to end up together eventually, so whatever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Felicia and MJ should've gotten married instead

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

Felicia and MJ should've gotten married instead

Had they even met? I remember that one scene when Pete had the symbiote still (but not actually in Spider-Man mode) and while MJ was at his place Black Cat came in through the window and MJ left because of it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Vandar posted:

(Apparently she's done the voice for her in the Marvel Rising stuff. Did any of that turn out to be any good?)

Standard kids cartoon stuff. Not unwatchable but no reason to seek it out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Standard kids cartoon stuff. Not unwatchable but no reason to seek it out.

Is this too long for a new thread title?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I think all of the post-Disney acquisition stuff (including the latter parts of Avengers EMH) fall under the "standard kids cartoon stuff not unwatchable but no reason to seek it out" banner

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty much before too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The United States posted:

I think all of the post-Disney acquisition stuff (including the latter parts of Avengers EMH) fall under the "standard kids cartoon stuff not unwatchable but no reason to seek it out" banner

We can blame the latter Avengers EMH on Jeph Loeb, handily. He didn't think kids cared about, or possibly weren't smart enough to get, serialized story-telling.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty much before too.
I think you can consider it a mixed bag really, but there were many times when they were actually trying and producing cartoons that were above the standard kids fare at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi86yeXB9pI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMEJb4BHaGA&t=70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FXsFXFtHSg&t=60s

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The x men cartoon had its moments (the apocalypse and mr sinister stuff) but by and large was… rough.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
It aint new avengers if theres no wolverine on the team

mark my words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ilikedirt posted: