Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Steve Yun posted:

yeah the causation wasn’t rock solid but it was enough of a correlation that people here took it seriously and recommended glasses/face shields

almost everyone in ICU covers their eyes, good enough for me

that study was from spring 2020, lol that nobody bothered to follow it up

It's also possible that glasses wearers were wearing masks properly much more than everyone else. Would be nice if we had studied that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Blooster posted:

I just found out the new New York governor is mandating masks in public schools. Public school starts next week for my kids.

I am seeing on Facebook a lot of chuds in my school district stating that "the mandate is not legally binding" and that they are going to send their kids to school without masks.

1) what happens when they do that? Does the principal get involved and kick the small kids out?
2) what happens if the teachers and school staff are too scared to kick a kid out? Is there some sort of number I can call to report the school for letting kids not wear masks?

There is a 'medical exemption' that is probably going to be a mile wide and masks will not be required when eating, drinking, singing or playing wind instruments so I'm guessing enforcement will be slipshod and mostly security theatre when the kids just infect each other during lunch period anyway. Sorry :\

If you haven't already try and stock up on whatever kid size kf94 masks you can and try and get your kids to keep them on at all times

e: basically from schools that have already opened in other states this is a game of chicken where you try and keep your kids safe and uninfected until the Board of Ed sees what the infection rate is in schools, blinks and panic switches to remote learning again

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Der Meister posted:

im in california but our schools have a mask mandate and from what I’ve seen it’s being followed. if a kid refuses to wear a mask they are kicked out. but if nobody has any interest in enforcement then who knows. depends on your school, district and teachers

How long have you been back in?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Fix posted:

How long have you been back in?

two weeks

a few loud chuddy kids got expelled for refusing to wear it and were in the news lol. nice self own

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Has anyone gotten a titer test after 2 doses of pfizer and a moderna booster? Where are we at with that? I'm wondering how much effort I should expend trying to get moderna

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Blooster posted:

I just found out the new New York governor is mandating masks in public schools. Public school starts next week for my kids.

I am seeing on Facebook a lot of chuds in my school district stating that "the mandate is not legally binding" and that they are going to send their kids to school without masks.

1) what happens when they do that? Does the principal get involved and kick the small kids out?
2) what happens if the teachers and school staff are too scared to kick a kid out? Is there some sort of number I can call to report the school for letting kids not wear masks?

ideally the school hands out masks duh

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Der Meister posted:

two weeks

a few loud chuddy kids got expelled for refusing to wear it and were in the news lol. nice self own

Other than that, so far so good? We're headed back Wednesday, and they were real good with protocols in the spring.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Blooster posted:

Rubber rooms for non-compliant kids.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

WampaLord posted:

but the CDC says no!

I guess they're saying "don't wear a face shield with no mask" but if you're at face shield level I'd imagine you're already masked up

i think people wear it because they "can't breathe" in a mask or whatever nonsense excuse, so they use it as a way to get around it

given how putting up plexiglass half-shields has been touted as an effective means of protecting against covid, it's not like it's inconsistent with The Science

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
OH BOY

https://twitter.com/meidastouch/status/1432011083099762695?s=21

https://twitter.com/saintamourmi/status/1431803053276028928?s=21

https://twitter.com/angry_staffer/status/1431986066802847751?s=21

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 29, 2021

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

She's a grifter. She is definitely vaxxed. She is just hiding from all the 'lol owned' posts directed at her.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

DesertIslandHermit posted:

She's a grifter. She is definitely vaxxed. She is just hiding from all the 'lol owned' posts directed at her.

plenty of the grifters are true believer idiots. it's mostly just people at the top that are all vaxxed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i guarantee kaitlyn bennett isn't vax'd

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

DesertIslandHermit posted:

she’s definitely a grifter but she’s exceptional in that crowd for being profoundly stupid so who knows

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Fix posted:

Other than that, so far so good? We're headed back Wednesday, and they were real good with protocols in the spring.

we have gotten one email regarding a positive case. but I have friends in other districts that have already gotten like seven in ten days

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1432017412019339264

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it’s time to leave this world Candace

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuKBsJoA7jk

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It’s time for the chuds to vanish once and for all

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's not even a fun death cult, their rituals and drugs suck

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

McNugget Buddy posted:

Can't gatekeep 90% of Americans out of hospital care!

Hmm....

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

stop posting milo its clearly fake

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

when you grift so hard you grift yourself

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
good point

https://twitter.com/eoinmonkey/status/1432017930150154246?s=21

Iverron
May 13, 2012

fake, real, there’s no outcome of this that isn’t funny in some way

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

like a miracle, they're disappearing

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

that milo thing is an obvious, lazy grift lol, the numbers on his oximeter aren't even lined up in the second pic

the people who think they've seen right through a global plot by the wealthiest and most powerful people on the planet will conveniently fail to notice an obvious photoshop by the world's most transparent conman, though

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Nonsense posted:

The Rapture is upon us. Repent!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1432059979507245058

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol he is faking being sick with covid for attention.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Didn't this guy say america deserved 9/11 on twitch and then let himself get bullied into apologizing

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

they thread

i need some help

i have a friend in NY and another in WA who both think schools should reopen

i was chatting with them on whatsapp and told them about the risks and how delta is much scarier, but they basically responded with "well a year of remote learning has made students fall behind, poor students especially, and besides school provides nutrition to so many kids in poverty" etc. etc.

they cite "studies" that purportedly show that covid isn't that deadly for kids, therefore it's "worth it" to send them back to school

how the hell can i convince these crazies to come to their senses

there's nothing you can do, just protect the ones in your life who haven't gone down the rabbit hole of conspiracies

help people get boosters if they're willing

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fix posted:

Rubber rooms for non-compliant kids.

How about plastic rooms?

E:
Plastic rooms for the compliants kids as well

Plastic rooms for everyone!!!!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

if meelo wants me to believe hes actually dying hes gonna have to actually die

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

Didn't this guy say america deserved 9/11 on twitch and then let himself get bullied into apologizing

he’s radlib but dunks on chuds well

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

standing with my face in the bottommost vent to get a massive viral load of covid

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

when do I get to see some destruction

turn off ur monitor

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Oregon has an outdoor mask mandate. The most toothless and disregarded mandate in recorded history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Petey posted:

what do we know about the science of ocular transmission?

If you're not up to go full face, I find cycling glasses are a good compromise. They should block ballistic droplets just fine and as far as I know aerosols aren't really a concern here.