Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Plastic rooms for everyone!!!!

I remember when people at this gym still caught COVID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

my best friend had a wedding in december that i didn't go to. he told me his soon to be mother in law was dying and that she wanted to see her daughter walk down the aisle before she was gone. i spent hours begging for him to cancel the wedding and rescheduling it for the sake of the family and to make sure nobody got sick

just found out today one of the groomsmen walked in on the mother in law & grandmother in law talking and turned out it was actually his wife dead-set on getting married in december. the mother in law tried to talk them out of it. also found out earlier in the week that they're both unvaccinated and they want me to come up for her birthday party :lol:

imagine using your mothers possible grave for your own loving vanity :lol: i'm screaming internally right now :lmao:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

we need a waffle house index but for covid

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Those pulse ox meters read low for like 10 seconds while they get adjusted, pretty easy to take a "scary" reading on one.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i hope milo gets intubated :frogbon:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

WampaLord posted:

but the CDC says no!

I guess they're saying "don't wear a face shield with no mask" but if you're at face shield level I'd imagine you're already masked up

I have this irrational hatred for face shields, because for a few months over summer they had face shield or mask requirements here.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kreeblah posted:

The climate thread is the one thread I can think of that I'm still really intimidated to start reading. I've come to terms with my own death as best I can (my hosed up heart kinda forced that point; I'll be lucky to see 50), but what's going to be hard is contemplating the deaths of everybody I care about on a ruined planet. I know some really awesome folks, and thinking about the poo poo they'll be going through is going to loving hurt.

Still, I'll get to it eventually, because more information is better than less. But it's definitely gonna take some prep.

Same here.

This thread putting out a page+ per hour lately has kept me from starting an earnest read.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wish the climate thread well as the earth will not.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

inferis posted:

get well soon card stock

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Salt Fish posted:

Didn't this guy say america deserved 9/11 on twitch and then let himself get bullied into apologizing

whom amongst us

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Blooster posted:

I just found out the new New York governor is mandating masks in public schools. Public school starts next week for my kids.

I am seeing on Facebook a lot of chuds in my school district stating that "the mandate is not legally binding" and that they are going to send their kids to school without masks.

1) what happens when they do that? Does the principal get involved and kick the small kids out?
2) what happens if the teachers and school staff are too scared to kick a kid out? Is there some sort of number I can call to report the school for letting kids not wear masks?

Jefferson County in Colorado just suspended a principal and athletic director for not following covid protocols.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

my best friend had a wedding in december that i didn't go to. he told me his soon to be mother in law was dying and that she wanted to see her daughter walk down the aisle before she was gone. i spent hours begging for him to cancel the wedding and rescheduling it for the sake of the family and to make sure nobody got sick

just found out today one of the groomsmen walked in on the mother in law & grandmother in law talking and turned out it was actually his wife dead-set on getting married in december. the mother in law tried to talk them out of it. also found out earlier in the week that they're both unvaccinated and they want me to come up for her birthday party :lol:

imagine using your mothers possible grave for your own loving vanity :lol: i'm screaming internally right now :lmao:

maybe there won’t be a wedding after all

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I can’t describe how sad I’m going to be if Milo and Candace are faking it for clout

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

"In these trying times..." will be replaced with "No parent should have to lose a child, but..."

"No parent should have to lose a child, but if you have you need a bank that has your back. That's why Chase-"

"No parent should have to lose a child, but at least you can hold on to their memory. Use discount code LOVEETERNAL at Framebridge and get 15% off the next framed portrait-"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I can’t describe how sad I’m going to be if Milo and Candace are faking it for clout

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Petey posted:

nobody cared who i was until i put on the mask

(i got the fabric/circle p100 filters, but not the cartridges. i can't tell if these are secure/robust enough, though? this is way more comfortable than i expected it to be, btw)

Try moving the top strap higher on your head. I don't think having the top straps on either side cut into your ears like that would be comfortable

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Kreeblah posted:

The climate thread is the one thread I can think of that I'm still really intimidated to start reading. I've come to terms with my own death as best I can (my hosed up heart kinda forced that point; I'll be lucky to see 50), but what's going to be hard is contemplating the deaths of everybody I care about on a ruined planet. I know some really awesome folks, and thinking about the poo poo they'll be going through is going to loving hurt.

Still, I'll get to it eventually, because more information is better than less. But it's definitely gonna take some prep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM0uZ9mfOUI

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
What should I do with the face shields I panic purchased last March?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

inferis posted:

You can get both at a waffle house

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Sometimes I wonder if Trump had died if it would've convinced people to take COVID more seriously. But knowing those people they would have just tried to find and kill the doctor that treated him for being a secret liberal assassin.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

PerniciousKnid posted:

What should I do with the face shields I panic purchased last March?

smash some fruit

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Salt Fish posted:

Didn't this guy say america deserved 9/11 on twitch and then let himself get bullied into apologizing

He also bought a house out of twitch money

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

That sounds rad as gently caress.

Or did he like divert it from charity?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/pronounced_ing/status/1431941185380225033

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zurtilik posted:

That sounds rad as gently caress.

Or did he like divert it from charity?

he moved in with the minecraft guy and now they're best buds and eat stale candy all day

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Shear Modulus posted:

he moved in with the minecraft guy and now they're best buds and eat stale candy all day

Nice work if you can get it.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I like how even wlin an 'optimal' scenario were looking at a 25% infection rate of the youngest children.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Now show a graph if we closed down the schools

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I bought a house in a lovely neighborhood since I don’t have twitch money

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1432084966662344707?s=20

A thousand brunch libs cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Zokari posted:

if meelo wants me to believe hes actually dying hes gonna have to actually die

This could be a last ditch attempt to fake his own death to get out of paying everyone he owes money to

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

The Oldest Man posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1432084966662344707?s=20

A thousand brunch libs cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced

where is my brunch booster? I want to speak to a manager

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I bought a house in a lovely neighborhood since I don’t have twitch money

You could if you debased yourself everyday for America's Youth and overmonied nerds!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Those houses don't look that bad though. I guess I can't glean too much about a neighborhood from one crooked Pic.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
i think the horsey paste reddit mods died or something because it seems to be overrun with shitposters now

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Just imagine those poor children if they don't get an education and get held back another year :(

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

Zurtilik posted:

Those houses don't look that bad though. I guess I can't glean too much about a neighborhood from one crooked Pic.

That’s a straight picture, I’m on a hill

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

inferis posted: