Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That’s a straight picture, I’m on a hill

Can confirm, once rented a rowhouse where the front door was on the 3rd floor and the basement was at ground level out back.

E: New page, that house is now worth eleventy bajillion dollars and is owned by address.llc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

text editor posted:

i think the horsey paste reddit mods died or something because it seems to be overrun with shitposters now

lol

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
mother covid, thank you for destroying the patriarchy :worship:

https://twitter.com/oni_blackstock/status/1431957396704870404

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

PerniciousKnid posted:

What should I do with the face shields I panic purchased last March?

save it for dealing with hazardous materials, like our drinking water in another month or so

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

She has put up with me for 18 years now despite spending all of last year trapped in a studio apartment, I think we'll survive.

I'm gonna follow-up on someone else who suggested a good clean-up, especially if there's any way to do the cleaning itself without them being immediately aware.

I know lockdowns in other parts of the world can be quite literal and so maybe she can't venture to a park or something, so if that's the case then maybe something like:

- thorough cleaning of the washroom, especially the tub, shower liner (if applicable), walls, etc;

- some pleasant but not overpowering scented candles, and some bath oils or other stuff she could choose to add to the water;

- some accessories for stimulation, say a book if she's a reader, or a soothing playlist if she's into mindfulness and meditation, or a stable surface she could rest some treats on (chocolate, sliced fruits, glass of bubbly)

- once that's all prepped and she begins the mini-spa-cation, you can tackle the kitchen or whichever room would benefit the most from some elbow grease to make it sparkle and shine

It ends up giving some relaxation and distraction, while also providing a tangible improvement in your quality of life (for a little bit at least).

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

text editor posted:

i think the horsey paste reddit mods died or something because it seems to be overrun with shitposters now

i think it's very clear that it's not those posters making GBS threads

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

mother covid, thank you for destroying the patriarchy :worship:

https://twitter.com/oni_blackstock/status/1431957396704870404

this thread knew covid was stored in the balls like a year and a half ago

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

I bought a house in a lovely neighborhood since I don’t have twitch money

nice deck

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

my mom (who is vaxed) is fighting cancer and has had a few scares where she’s had to go to the emergency room because her levels get all hosed up from the various treatments she’s on

talked to her today and she’s worried because her doctor told her the same story that’s happening everywhere: the local hospital has no more room

so I just have to hope she doesn’t have any more scares, because she might get turned away because of antivax morons

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol at pretending high schools have high immunity

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

TotalHell posted:

my mom (who is vaxed) is fighting cancer and has had a few scares where she’s had to go to the emergency room because her levels get all hosed up from the various treatments she’s on

talked to her today and she’s worried because her doctor told her the same story that’s happening everywhere: the local hospital has no more room

so I just have to hope she doesn’t have any more scares, because she might get turned away because of antivax morons

:(

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

My mom got vaccinated in late may and died last Monday after about 5 days of what sounded like mostly fever and fatigue. She had a negative rapid test and was waiting on results of a better test

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Got dose 3 Pfizer on Friday. No symptoms on first or second but the past two days feel like a horrible hangover mixed with the flu. My antibodies probably gonna rip phone books so I’m fine with it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
:( A goon just reported in the weather thread that one of the Louisiana hospitals did definitely just lose power and generator.

another one lost its roof but supposedly their generators are still going and they moved patients somewhere safer with in the hospital?

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

AWWNAW posted:

My mom got vaccinated in late may and died last Monday after about 5 days of what sounded like mostly fever and fatigue. She had a negative rapid test and was waiting on results of a better test

sorry for your loss, goon

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

AWWNAW posted:

sorry to hear :(

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

AWWNAW posted:

gently caress. I'm sorry.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

AWWNAW posted:

jesus

I’m really sorry

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

deathbysnusnu posted:

Got dose 3 Pfizer on Friday. No symptoms on first or second but the past two days feel like a horrible hangover mixed with the flu. My antibodies probably gonna rip phone books so I’m fine with it.

I got dose 3 Moderna on Friday. felt a tad feverish, wiped out, and a little woozy yesterday afternoon and evening. generally ok today but head feels a little weird. also happy to be jacked with antibodies

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

it's a porch

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Edit: I posted what's below before reading beyond page 523~.

I'm really sorry about your mom passing Awwnaw.

And hoping for the best for Nodelphi and anyone else in NOLA or elsewhere in the 'canes path.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈/=≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

My batch of Secureclicks are due to arrive tomorrow. :yayclod:

Just got a call from Fedex saying "lol gonna charge ya $70 on duties and taxes". :ssj:

Can't really afford to delay receipt of the package given the contents. gently caress you Fedex.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 29, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7001957919625350405

possible explanation for making GBS threads yourself at the grocery:

horse paste has tons of fiber added to it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

silicone thrills posted:

another one lost its roof but supposedly their generators are still going and they moved patients somewhere safer with in the hospital?

https://twitter.com/ucatchpragiya/status/1432084283577962500

AWWNAW posted:

Sorry to hear it :(

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

AWWNAW posted:

:( condolences

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

inferis posted:

we need a waffle house index but for covid

Disney world attendee numbers

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

AWWNAW posted:

Sorry for your loss.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

smoobles posted:

Disney world attendee numbers

Those are down too

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Those are down too

Sadly this might be a better indicator of how wrecked everything is and is about to be. Labor day coming up though!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

AWWNAW posted:

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

To the rest of the thread;
I thought the rapids were highly accurate in symptomatic people? I thought it was more in asymptomatic cases where they had a ~20% rate of false of negatives.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That’s a straight picture, I’m on a hill

My dad told me stories about growing up living near/on those giant loving hills
they would sled and ride those metal tonka trucks down and wear out their shoes trying to stop
it's a miracle he didn't die

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1432104872191668226?s=20

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

they would sled and ride those metal tonka trucks down and wear out their shoes trying to stop

We have huge hills in Scranton as well and back in the early 20th century the city would shut down a street and create a mile long sled run.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Pre-plague my Dad and I drove to Pittsburgh to see the Pirates and Steelers play on consecutive nights in late September. The AirBNB we booked must have been in a neighborhood built on some of those hills cause holy poo poo at the inclination of some streets and driveways. Mechanics must've made consistent bank replacing brake pads.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

yellowD posted:

this thread knew covid was stored in the balls like a year and a half ago

does it shred nuts like it tears up lungs?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i have no idea what the people in this are supposed to be doing

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

kalensc posted:

Pre-plague my Dad and I drove to Pittsburgh to see the Pirates and Steelers play on consecutive nights in late September. The AirBNB we booked must have been in a neighborhood built on some of those hills cause holy poo poo at the inclination of some streets and driveways. Mechanics must've made consistent bank replacing brake pads.

pittsburgh in the winter is one giant deathtrap i swear to god gently caress that city

Apr 7, 2003

A few years back I went to my brother's graduation and had to back up that hill during an ice storm.

The entire drive took six hours, getting off my hill was two hours

Apr 7, 2003

text editor posted:

pittsburgh in the winter is one giant deathtrap i swear to god gently caress that city

It weeds out the losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

For real though, people who bitch about Pittsburgh being a deathtrap in the winter are people who can't comprehend walking anywhere. Anything besides getting in their car and moving portal to portal is incomprehensible to them.

When it snows I walk down to the T stop and ride the tram to where I need to go. It's fine.