Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wouldn’t want him on the Eagles if we were GETTING three firsts and two seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

indigi posted:

I wouldn’t want him on the Eagles if we were GETTING three firsts and two seconds

Same. gently caress that guy no matter how good he is.

I already went through rationalizing Mike Vick a decade ago and it wasn't worth it.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
^ Exactly what they said. gently caress him.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Daniel Jones has gotten no better in 3 years. Still holds the ball too long.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't give a poo poo. gently caress him.

For sure. Just adding that caveat for peace of mind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BiggerBoat posted:

I already went through rationalizing Mike Vick a decade ago and it wasn't worth it.

Vick acknowledged what he did was wrong, served a prison sentence, and has spent a huge chunk of his post-conviction life trying to help the same types of animals he once exploited. I cannot think of any other NFL player charged with an offense that did as much as he has done to rectify the wrongs he committed.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Vick acknowledged what he did was wrong, served a prison sentence, and has spent a huge chunk of his post-conviction life trying to help the same types of animals he once exploited. I cannot think of any other NFL player charged with an offense that did as much as he has done to rectify the wrongs he committed.

I get that and you're right.

Still, gently caress Watson and I don't want him on my favorite team.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BiggerBoat posted:

I get that and you're right.

Still, gently caress Watson and I don't want him on my favorite team.

I agree and understand. I said all of that to paint him in stark contrast to Watson.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cowboys gonna win!.
They're getting all their losses out of the way now.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Daniel Jones has gotten no better in 3 years. Still holds the ball too long.

Probably, but gently caress the OL is bad, and most of the skill players and our lovely guards are out.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The WFT is the only team that actually won a single preseason game in the NFC East. I guess the Eagles get a gold sticker for managing to tie one though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cartoon Man posted:

The WFT is the only team that actually won a single preseason game in the NFC East. I guess the Eagles get a gold sticker for managing to tie one though.

Reminder that on many of Dallas’ losing or 8-8 seasons with The Clapper, they went undefeated in preseason. The 0-16 lions also went undefeated in preseason.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lol this is what I get for not reading posts fully. I thought you were bitching about Minshew and comparing him to Vick and I was like "Wait what did he do?"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BiggerBoat posted:

Your team is the human personification of a misdemeanor. Vick's signing brought up the average scumbag rating (fans count as part of the team

I'm making a collage of fan posts saying they'll have a tough time watching their team after a controversial signing so I can send it off for an elephant to poo poo on.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Doltos posted:

Your team is the human personification of a misdemeanor. Vick's signing brought up the average scumbag rating (fans count as part of the team

I'm making a collage of fan posts saying they'll have a tough time watching their team after a controversial signing so I can send it off for an elephant to poo poo on.

How long did it take the Giants to get rid of John Brown after he beat the poo poo out of his wife?

Genuinely asking as I can't remember.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Doltos posted:

[eagles fan looking at the pile of elephant poo poo] Wow I can't wait to eat that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

How long did it take the Giants to get rid of John Brown after he beat the poo poo out of his wife?

Genuinely asking as I can't remember.

Josh Brown, and per Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Brown_(American_football)#New_York_Giants he was suspended a game in August 2016 for a different DV charge in '15, then Oct 20 the sheriff's office released documents from the newer one which he admitted to. Oct 21st the league put him on the exempt list, Oct 25th the Giants cut him and apologized

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Josh Brown, and per Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Brown_(American_football)#New_York_Giants he was suspended a game in August 2016 for a different DV charge in '15, then Oct 20 the sheriff's office released documents from the newer one which he admitted to. Oct 21st the league put him on the exempt list, Oct 25th the Giants cut him and apologized

So pretty quick the 2nd time round.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Look kickers are valuable okay

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Reminder that on many of Dallas’ losing or 8-8 seasons with The Clapper, they went undefeated in preseason. The 0-16 lions also went undefeated in preseason.

I’m pretty sure the Colts and Patriots during the height of Manning-Brady in the 00s both had preseason losing streaks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

rooting for sports teams is supposed to be fun and idk what’s fun about rooting for a serial rapist to succeed. that’s just me though. I know it’s different for others (Steelers fans). I’ll just pick some other team (that probably has serial rapists but at least I don’t know about it) to be a fan of for a while, Eagy won a chip so it’s all poopi gucci

I won’t think it’s a moral failing for people who still root for whatever team he’s on it just isn’t What I’m About (feminism, sex-positive, male-feminism)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's cus none of you fucks ever quit football or your team do I have to link the bengals post

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don’t care that they’re ruining their bodies and minds for my entertainment, I’m fine with that aspect of it. you’re just rooting for laundry, in any case….

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/colts/status/1432391780675244032?s=21

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Who could possibly have seen that coming

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lol'in at Carson Wentz. :allears:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not expecting a first from Indianapolis tbh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol I’m sorry Colts fans

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

the giants have traded away my favorite hill

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

indigi posted:

lol I’m sorry Colts fans

Don’t be. The NFC East is the definition of gently caress around and find out. Anybody who trades for our players deserves what’s gonna happen.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’m not going to ever stop being an Eagles Fan, even if I move somewhere else and never leave. Ride or die

For instance as a fan I would be frustrated with my team if they signed watson but I’m still gonna watch my tribe play lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Quiet Feet posted:

Lol'in at Carson Wentz. :allears:

:hfive:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think the Eagles are getting that first rounder

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shyduck posted:

I am totally fine with that 2nd and 3rd.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lol

Lmao

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/ben_jones88/status/1432397809932816386?s=12

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I can't wait to watch the 32nd ranked offensive line and Jason Garrett every week!!!!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:allears:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

indigi posted:

lol I’m sorry Colts fans

Long suffering Colts fans and their QB woes

shyduck posted:

AFC South, so playoffs are possible, and the Colts really seem to be trying to get Wentz out there, so 70% will probably be close?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I can't wait to watch the 32nd ranked offensive line and Jason Garrett every week!!!!!!!

Clap on *clap clap*
Clap off *clap clap*
The Clapper!