Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

See if you're gonna do projectile vomit you have to do it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47zpGcp2nA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Light Gun Man posted:

lots of stuff i watch seems to involve vomit scenes, somehow. i suppose it's something you can do for a visceral audience reaction that technically isn't gore or titties or whatever and thus maybe isn't something that fucks with ratings?

Vomit jokes are really funny when it’s just people getting spayed with geysers out of their mouths lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CelticPredator posted:

Vomit jokes are really funny when it’s just people getting spayed with geysers out of their mouths lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJH-5G9NqHw

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I appreciate Problem Child 2's ethos of "people assumed we were pushing filth in the first one, so let's give them real filth." They intentionally went full John Waters and nailed it, 'cause the movie is absolutely vile.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CelticPredator posted:

It's a shame that Guest House Paradiso (basically UK comedy Bottom: The Movie) has not reached a status where there are lots of clips from it online, because I do believe mass puking is the climax of the movie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

However, having seen Guest House Paradiso and being a fan of Ade/(P)Ric I'm quite glad the internet has chosen to forget that one.

I'll agree vomit can be hilarious though, and anytime SNL remembers to do sketches involving blood or vomit spraying out of hoses they're almost always guaranteed to get me laughing.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
On the topic of vomit, Jhonen Vasquez does Twitch now and a while back he showed some video of two Scottish guys eating some kind of stinky fish after having drank like a gallon of milk. It ummm, ends exactly how you'd expect, and I thought I'd be disgusted but it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Just two dudes trying to calmly talk while projectile spewing, sometimes mid-sentence.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Good to seem he's now just steaming Fillerbunny

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Since Gripweed doesn't like to provide context:
It's a special Suicide Squad Poster done by Paru Itagaki, the creator of the manga/anime BEASTARS.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

loving use your words you groin-idiot

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
Seems to be a poster for a film adaptation/something of Space Runway Ideon.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That looks like Thunderbirds 2086.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

Thunderbirds 2086

Wait, what?

Ah poo poo. Now I have to watch another anime.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
An early eighties space anime loosly based on an English puppet show from the 60s?? Where do I get it?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

God I love Japanese titles (I said TITLES)

Thunderbirds 2086, known in Japan as Scientific Rescue Team Techno Voyager

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
How does Michelle Williams not get an above the title name on the poster at this point?

VVVBy not getting the goop, what are the odds that she comes close to equal "actual human onscreen" time when compared to Tom or Woody?

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 31, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Listen, give the woman a goop and then we'll talk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doesn't she bond briefly in the first one?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Waffleman_ posted:

Listen, give the woman a goop and then we'll talk.

:confused:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I'm not sure what's more inhuman; the symbiotes, or Michelle Williams hair.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Modern Leper posted:

How does Michelle Williams not get an above the title name on the poster at this point?

VVVBy not getting the goop, what are the odds that she comes close to equal "actual human onscreen" time when compared to Tom or Woody?

Very low.

The Venom franchise is about the goop. Non-gooped characters are important by they aren't the focus.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Lobok posted:

God I love Japanese titles (I said TITLES)

Thunderbirds 2086, known in Japan as Scientific Rescue Team Techno Voyager

It was so good, we had three randomly taped episodes on VHS years ago. The titles are on YouTube.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Gripweed posted:

Very low.

The Venom franchise is about the goop. Non-gooped characters are important by they aren't the focus.

Well yeah, but once the goop kicks in aren't you basically just looking at CGI with maybe a cut to Tom Hardy's face a la RDJ in the Iron Man heads up display?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's probably screen time and commitment to marketing the film. These deals are negotiated before they start filming, it's only the lovely studios that usually give top billing to actors based on how famous they are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also they gotta save the hot lady goop for the threequel.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It was this thread that taught me about how the placement of names on a poster has nothing to do with the images of the actors on the poster but still, would it not have made sense to flip the positions of Carnage and Venom in this case? Did they not see it coming that Tom Hardy would be the name on the left? Actually, never mind the billing, wouldn't it have made more sense to have Venom's head facing and stretching out in the same direction as Brock's?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Maybe she gets fridged in the first act and they're just putting her on the poster for face recognition.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm not sure what's more inhuman; the symbiotes, or Michelle Williams hair.

Speaking of hair I am sad that the toned down Woody's wig from the first movie. It still looks atrocious in the poster but the wig in the first movie was a thing of a beauty.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Woody Harrelson starting to look like Michael Berryman.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This looks like it was drawn by Hugo Pratt and I very much approve.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/headexposure/status/1433383064974004225

https://twitter.com/headexposure/status/1433400199699996675

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

According to one of the replies in the tweet thread, you can find Thai prints on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/nz/shop/CollectorCaptain

https://www.etsy.com/nz/shop/CinemaExotica

No idea about the quality though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That Evil Dead 2 poster. I think the artist got the wrong memo on which body part Ash cut off.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

No, that's exactly how I remember it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lobok posted:

It was this thread that taught me about how the placement of names on a poster has nothing to do with the images of the actors on the poster but still, would it not have made sense to flip the positions of Carnage and Venom in this case? Did they not see it coming that Tom Hardy would be the name on the left? Actually, never mind the billing, wouldn't it have made more sense to have Venom's head facing and stretching out in the same direction as Brock's?
You have learned nothing from this thread if you're still trying to rationalize this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My local theater just dropped the hammer after a Covid scare and are now requiring proof of vaccination and masks (good.) which means I now have tickets to a 16mm screening of

:getin: