Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Covok posted:

The strangest thing about this is Invectim, when consumed by humans, skyrockets the risk kf intestinal cancer later on in life. These poor sods are actually destroying themselves. Like, even if this doesn't kill them now, shedding your intestinal wall raises your risk of cancer. Like, this poo poo is grim, as gently caress if I am correct.

Also, how bad is Louisiana? I haven't heard any updates and I heard it actually landed as a cat 4. That's going to be horrible. Not just the hurricane, but the resulting squalor and loss of utilities is going to skyrocket covid cases and deaths. I was thinking of sending food down, if that will help at all.

https://twitter.com/aegallo/status/1432106449740705800

If I'm understanding this correctly, doctors and nurses are dragging motherfuckers down the stairs while trying to pump air down their throats by hand? Seems bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Covok posted:

Also, how bad is Louisiana? I haven't heard any updates and I heard it actually landed as a cat 4.

It's worse than you could imagine:

quote:

Economist Mark Zandi at Moody’s Analytics, said the disruptions caused by Ida will likely cause him to downgrade his forecast for annual U.S. economic growth in the current quarter by a few tenths of a percentage point.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

this is why nurses should strike or unionize now, they have an insane amount of leverage compared to what they had pre-pandemic. they could probably get sooo much I'd they pushed

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDi...ber%3D1636pti11

New variant just dropped.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Throatwarbler posted:

https://twitter.com/aegallo/status/1432106449740705800

If I'm understanding this correctly, doctors and nurses are dragging motherfuckers down the stairs while trying to pump air down their throats by hand? Seems bad

gently caress me, I didn't even know you could manually pump air in. A lot of people are going to die.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

It's worse than you could imagine:

Of course, people die and some people only worry about their wallets.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I missed the horse paste thing, I assume its just the hydroquinone or whatever saga again.

But can some kind Goons post any funny bits of this new saga for my amusement?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Republicans don't need to win elections anymore, they just get their way through credible threats of violence. cool.

SKULL.GIF posted:

could we really expect anything else after the entire liberal wing ceded physical strength as "only for meatheads"

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1432166542683279362

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

time to schedule shot #4

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

I missed the horse paste thing, I assume its just the hydroquinone or whatever saga again.

Fundamentally yes but combine it with the intestinal destruction of bleach drinking.

Covok
May 27, 2013

It honestly surprises me more that there has only been one coup attempt with rhetoric like this floating around.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

same docs that were pushing hcq moved on to ivermectin as their new grift and were selling scripts for it online to people just like they were selling hcq scripts. they got inundated because a lot of loving people are deathly ill. some enterprising rednecks realized "this poo poo is otc for farm animals" and then it spiraled out of control. now every farm supply store has to either lock up the horse paste or put some other restrictions on them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Covok posted:

It honestly surprises me more that there has only been one coup attempt with rhetoric like this floating around.

this is nothing new for white supremacists. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmington_insurrection_of_1898

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

thanks but I won't care until it has a catchy name

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

looking forward to the new variant

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

same docs that were pushing hcq moved on to ivermectin as their new grift and were selling scripts for it online to people just like they were selling hcq scripts. they got inundated because a lot of loving people are deathly ill. some enterprising rednecks realized "this poo poo is otc for farm animals" and then it spiraled out of control. now every farm supply store has to either lock up the horse paste or put some other restrictions on them.

Chuds will have to hire horse girls to get their horse paste?

Sort of like how growing up you would pay a guy to buy booze from 7-11 when you were below the drinking age....

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Judge orders West Chester Hospital to treat patient with anti-parasite drug despite CDC warning against it

quote:

BUTLER COUNTY, Ohio —

A Butler County judge has ordered a hospital to treat a COVID-19 patient with the anti-parasite drug Ivermectin, a drug known to be used to treat or prevent parasites in animals, despite the CDC warning against it.

Judge Gregory Howard issued the order last week after a complaint was made by a woman named Julie Smith, on behalf of her 51-year-old husband, Jeffrey Smith, who has been in the ICU at West Chester Hospital battling COVID-19.

In the complaint, Julie states that her husband had been on a ventilator for 19 days after attempts to use treatments like Remdesivir, plasma and steroids.

That's when she stated she sought medical advice from Dr. Fred Waghsul. In the complaint, it states Waghsul supports the use of Ivermectin and prescribed it to him. After the hospital refused to administer the treatment, Julie filed the complaint.

In the complaint, she states that she has signed a full release, relieving the hospital from any and all liability concerning the administration of the Ivermectin.

In the order, Howard stated that after reviewing the complaint filed by Julie on behalf of her husband, he is ordering the hospital to administer the drug to Jeffrey.

The judge said the drug will be administered in accordance with Jeffery's physician, Dr. Fred Waghsul's, prescription, which is a 30-mg dose of Ivermectin daily for 21 days.

Ivermectin isn't the first medicine that has garnered the hopes of curious or vaccine-hesitant people as a potential treatment for COVID-19, but it's the one drawing potential patients to farm supply and pet stores across the country.

The FDA has been warning against the use of ivermectin for treatment of COVID-19 since March. The drug is used to treat parasitic infections, primarily in livestock, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently cautioned about an increase in reports to poison centers of severe illness caused by the drug.

In a CDC health advisory issued Thursday, the agency said the use of Ivermectin can result in "gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Overdoses are associated with hypotension and neurologic effects such as decreased consciousness, confusion, hallucinations, seizures, coma, and death."

While there are human uses for the drug, the Food and Drug Administration has not approved ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19 in humans and the drug is not an anti-viral medication.

:horse:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Lets see. In lions the blindness can last a couple weeks:

https://bmcvetres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12917-015-0603-6

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Covok posted:

Americans are supremely lazy and averse to armed conflict

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

North Allegheny School District had to shut down a meeting here last week because maskless parents were invading and screeching at them, this is coordinated and it's going to get worse.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
[2 months into C.1.2 destroying children] the CDC has idefntiifed C.1.2 as a variant of concern

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Covok posted:

these men are cowards, Donnie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1432324856889155586?s=20

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

rip

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chamale posted:

They avoided a worst-case scenario but it's loving bad. New Orleans will not have electricity for three weeks, possibly two months, the heat index will be over 100 F next week, and there's still a massive covid outbreak.

How can there be a heat wave if it's raining?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Lets see. In lions the blindness can last a couple weeks:

https://bmcvetres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12917-015-0603-6

It's like the Chud version of the intro chapters of Day of Triffids in which everyone loses their vision.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Americans are supremely lazy and averse to armed conflict

Unless you tell them they can't go to Chili's due to a pandemic. Then they'll form a militia and plot to murder you and your family.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

19 days on a vent.. but this is just crazy enough to work

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Unless you tell them they can't go to Chili's due to a pandemic. Then they'll form a militia and plot to murder you and your family.

and the fbi will back you up on it too

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

American Exceptionalism

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1432314977956859906?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

shut the gently caress up, Nate

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

my conspiracy-baked-brained brother is publicly trashing me on facebook for not letting him around my kids, cool cool

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

text editor posted:

this is why nurses should strike or unionize now, they have an insane amount of leverage compared to what they had pre-pandemic. they could probably get sooo much I'd they pushed

the vast majority of nurses would sooner get vaccinated than form a union

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

skewetoo posted:

Building *wheeze* back *wheeze* better

Hey I see you don't have PMs, had a question for you. Do you mind messaging me at (SA username) at (gmail)?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

drat and i thought the worst thing to drop today was going to be kanye's new album

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I'm not an UK citizen but I stumbled upon it in an Eric Crack Ping Tweet and ... lmao

quote:

Boris Johnson ‘privately accepts’ up to 50,000 annual Covid deaths as an acceptable level
"i" understands Downing Street will consider a cost-benefit analysis on both saving lives and effect of deaths on the UK economy before implementing contingency plans for further lockdowns
He literally said the quiet part loud. lmao

https://inews.co.uk/news/boris-johnson-privately-accepts-up-to-50000-annual-covid-deaths-as-an-acceptable-level-1170069
(theres other sources as well but im lazy okay)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

text editor posted:

we have a nurses union in australia and they haven't done poo poo.

australia labour unions were gutted just like everywhere else tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That would be like 250K a year in the USA which would be a huge improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Director at my side hospital job called me, tears in her eyes, begging me to work because 2 of the 3 nuclear medicine techs are out with covid so it's just one guy working. I said NO! I have to cover for my main job with half the staff out with covid already.

MAYBE NEXT TIME EVERYONE SHOULD MANDATE THAT loving VACCINE AS SOON AS ITS AVAILABLE AND NOT GIVE IN TO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY YOU loving COCK GOBBLER HOSPITALS JFC :unsmigghh: