Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

brugroffil posted:

my conspiracy-baked-brained brother is publicly trashing me on facebook for not letting him around my kids, cool cool

If you mask up and do an outdoor activity like a zoo trip you and the kiddos should be fine. Reunite the family. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

brugroffil posted:

my conspiracy-baked-brained brother is publicly trashing me on facebook for not letting him around my kids, cool cool

The only people who use Facebook anymore are boomers. So, probably not a lot to worry about.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Asproigerosis posted:

Director at my side hospital job called me, tears in her eyes, begging me to work because 2 of the 3 nuclear medicine techs are out with covid so it's just one guy working. I said NO! I have to cover for my main job with half the staff out with covid already.

MAYBE NEXT TIME EVERYONE SHOULD MANDATE THAT loving VACCINE AS SOON AS ITS AVAILABLE AND NOT GIVE IN TO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY YOU loving COCK GOBBLER HOSPITALS JFC :unsmigghh:

Did you really say that to him because that would be amazing and I'd love it.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Shiroc posted:

I keep trying to communicate to people how hosed up I am from my likely previous covid but they don't care. Even when I was directly dealing with it, it was the most sick I have ever felt and absolutely loving miserable. The lies about how vaccinated people won't get it and if they do it will just be a cold is a soothing reality that absolutely will not be abandoned until every single person gets it themselves because even seeing people near them getting sick is just considered the limited exception that you can't worry about.

This is why I think at least some portion of COVID survivors are definitely experiencing a form of PTSD. I know a dude who died last year from COVID and I've only recently talked to his wife about it. She kept saying that the thing she can't get over is how nobody cared. They were young and healthy, so everyone they talked to acted like they had a cold and offered to bring them things, but nobody really acknowledged that they couldn't get out of bed for a week and a half and were terrified the whole time.

Having a deadly disease that everyone pretends is no big deal because acting otherwise is inconvenient is the kind of thing that can really gently caress you up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

VomitOnLino posted:

I'm not an UK citizen but I stumbled upon it in an Eric Crack Ping Tweet and ... lmao

He literally said the quiet part loud. lmao

https://inews.co.uk/news/boris-johnson-privately-accepts-up-to-50000-annual-covid-deaths-as-an-acceptable-level-1170069
(theres other sources as well but im lazy okay)

anyone who uses the phrase "cost-benefit analysis" with regards to covid is a loving psychopath, guaranteed

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Agean90 posted:

Lmao this poo poo rules, the article actually cautions against unfiltered valves and says respirators are a valid way to protect yourself from covid, but apparently whoever wrote the headline decided to slam dunk the papers credibility into the incinerator for hate clicks

unfiltered valves are at least as effective as your lovely cloth mask

it's insane we're still having this debate

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

VomitOnLino posted:

I'm not an UK citizen but I stumbled upon it in an Eric Crack Ping Tweet and ... lmao

https://inews.co.uk/news/boris-johnson-privately-accepts-up-to-50000-annual-covid-deaths-as-an-acceptable-level-1170069

This is what I is always about. Covid should open everyone's eyes to this. Ida is being thought of and written off in these terms. The Afghanistan freak out is because of money.

It is always about money.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

Director at my side hospital job called me, tears in her eyes, begging me to work because 2 of the 3 nuclear medicine techs are out with covid so it's just one guy working. I said NO! I have to cover for my main job with half the staff out with covid already.

MAYBE NEXT TIME EVERYONE SHOULD MANDATE THAT loving VACCINE AS SOON AS ITS AVAILABLE AND NOT GIVE IN TO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY YOU loving COCK GOBBLER HOSPITALS JFC :unsmigghh:

hey Asproigerosis I hope you don't / didn't have COVID

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

anyone who uses the phrase "cost-benefit analysis" with regards to covid is a loving psychopath, guaranteed

Oops all of the western world is psychopathic

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mr Hootington posted:

If you mask up and do an outdoor activity like a zoo trip you and the kiddos should be fine. Reunite the family. :)

what kind of bullshit appeasement is this

tell your bro to gently caress off if he can't respect the boundaries you set for your kids

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

VomitOnLino posted:

someone took a picture of the white board at Downing St after a covid meeting last year

this is, quite openly, what Brits want

acems
May 8, 2019

lol nate tweeting about the local colleges where nobody followed rules last year. last spring semester was responsible for our largest covid wave in the county. love it.

there are 5 of them, too! love it. glad i moved out of the college town corridor.

e: these restrictions expire september 13 anyway. as the semester goes on i can post some student meltdowns about restrictions though as i do some outreach w current students.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

God the Brits are really going all out to be the biggest pieces of poo poo in the world, all while their economy slowly collapses and they run into more and more food shortages. But given the Tories are going as strong as ever they will keep eating that garbage I guess

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1432343842456489984?s=21

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

the vast majority of nurses would sooner get vaccinated than form a union

just don't use the U-word then

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hes the dumbest person in the world lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Feldegast42 posted:

God the Brits are really going all out to be the biggest pieces of poo poo in the world, all while their economy slowly collapses and they run into more and more food shortages. But given the Tories are going as strong as ever they will keep eating that garbage I guess

The American government is doing the exact same thing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

euphronius posted:

Hes the dumbest person in the world lol

lmao he really is and he’s just going to post through it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

My parents are trying to guilt me and my wife into visiting them over labor day.

They're unvaccinated. So is the rest of my family I'd be seeing there. In the middle of a beet red part of Pennsylvania (case count-wise). They're life long smokers and my mom is immunocompromised.
My wife and I are vaxxed but I've got garbage lungs/asthma and she's a teacher.

In spite of all this the guilt of not having seen them in nearly 2 years almost made me consider this madness but I've flipped around to being angry that they would even ask given that they are completely uncompromising

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

cut them off entirely

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

crepeface posted:

what kind of bullshit appeasement is this

tell your bro to gently caress off if he can't respect the boundaries you set for your kids

yeah this basically

if he had bothered to reach out in private that'd be one thing but he posted a whiny poll about "how many of you have been cut off from your family for refusing the vaccine" and then specifically called me out in the comments. oh well guess that relationship is permanently damaged.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

acems posted:

lol nate tweeting about the local colleges where nobody followed rules last year. last spring semester was responsible for our largest covid wave in the county. love it.

there are 5 of them, too! love it. glad i moved out of the college town corridor.

e: these restrictions expire september 13 anyway. as the semester goes on i can post some student meltdowns about restrictions though as i do some outreach w current students.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

thankfully he's getting owned in the comments

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1432340428221734915?s=20
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1432345499080830976?s=20

god I hate Nate so much

e: efb go ddammit

acems
May 8, 2019

nate unironically looks like an amherst grindr dude trolling for college rear end. i could boot up the app and find 10 of them eager to suck my duck, gently caress, and tell me that covid is over

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

stop posting pics of covid lung

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It kicks rear end that this guy was right once about something a long time ago and he’s got a lifetime pass to go on television and Twitter and be an expert about absolutely everything and anything.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't think I have covid. but there's plenty of time for it fester and grow inside me I guess.

I haven't talked to my boss yet, cause I'm a coward and don't want to tell them I can't do anything because I actually was going to tell them today I couldn't do call for a little bit because I had to change my shift to overnight. Heh. Well looks like I'm making the rules for call now and folks, it looks like all those stat v/q scans for unexplained hypoxia in covid patients are just going to have to wait for the morning.

Covok
May 27, 2013

brugroffil posted:

yeah this basically

if he had bothered to reach out in private that'd be one thing but he posted a whiny poll about "how many of you have been cut off from your family for refusing the vaccine" and then specifically called me out in the comments. oh well guess that relationship is permanently damaged.

"Hey, bro, am I still allowed to visit you in the hospital when you poo poo out your intenstines on horse paste and go blind and need a dog to surgecially unprolapse your anus?"

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It kicks rear end that this guy was right once about something a long time ago and he’s got a lifetime pass to go on television and Twitter and be an expert about absolutely everything and anything.

being right once puts him in the top percentile of experts in the media

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
media experts aren't experts at being right, they're experts in having an Opinion

Covok
May 27, 2013

acems posted:

nate unironically looks like an amherst grindr dude trolling for college rear end. i could boot up the app and find 10 of them eager to suck my duck, gently caress, and tell me that covid is over

Here is the thing that I don't get. I went bald too so I cut my hair hyper short so the bald top has as much hair as the sides. Most people can tell but it looks leagues better and professional. Why keep your hair long when your widows peak has crashed into the harbor and is negoitations with the back of the skull to buy out its property?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

nate, at all times:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1138611519363506176?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

My parents are trying to guilt me and my wife into visiting them over labor day.

They're unvaccinated. So is the rest of my family I'd be seeing there. In the middle of a beet red part of Pennsylvania (case count-wise). They're life long smokers and my mom is immunocompromised.

In spite of all this the guilt of not having seen them in nearly 2 years almost made me consider this madness but I've flipped around to being angry that they would even ask given that they are completely uncompromising

tell them they could very easily see you if they got a vaccination

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

That would be like 250K a year in the USA which would be a huge improvement

UK is at over 130k so it would be there as well.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Had NPR on while I was in the bathroom and they pivoted from wringing their hands about Afghanistan to talking about how hard it is for landlords right now, down to playing call-in clips from landlords. One lady said that she couldn't get any relief money in Oregon because the state requires landlords to forgive 20% of back rent and she refuses to do that. lol

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/EdsonCGuido/status/1432251838829514753?s=19

Ice Phisherman is correct that it is ultimately all the "social constructs" we've artificially put up that will destroy us

Covid doesn't care

Every time I see any update on the Philippines, I instantly think of my Filipino coworker my same age, who doesn't believe in COVID, voted for Trump both times, constantly posts praise for Duterte, and now is posting election material for the son of dictator Ferdinand Marcos

probably just a coincidence

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

VomitOnLino posted:

Is that sustainable in the UK? I believe it's something to the tune of 700k babies born each year in the UK, judging by my quick googling, but I'm terrible at math and statistics, so I have no idea how uch that number drops when you have 50k less people around to gently caress and make kids.
Like even assuming there are methods to get things down to 50k a year - and I don't know that there are because it seems to me that the only means of getting things more under control than 'not at all' are the same means by which you get to Covid Zero and which the West has rejected - would that not lead to population collapse in a decade or two? Especially since even though only 50k ar edying, a good chunk of the survivors are going to be too brain damaged or erectile dysfunction'd to gently caress.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

was it here on twitter i read that a lot of landlords aren’t accepting rent relief funds because it would gently caress up whatever made up number they file income under taxes

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That sucks man, sorry you have to deal with that nonsense guilt-tripping.

I'd opt for:

- restating that you only go to gatherings where folks are fully vaxxed (and even then it's unlikely);

- say that you'd be very happy to join them via zoom or messenger video or what have you;

- and wish them well if a hybrid in-person/online hangout is "not possible" for them.

While I understand the anger and the possible desire to cut them off, doing so probably escalates the issue heading into the fall. They'll claim you're the unreasonable one for going silent, and twist the situation around to try and guilt you.

By keeping it diplomatic and saying you'd love to participate from afar, you've made a genuine effort and they have no new ammo to fire at you come Thanksgiving etc.

But maybe I'm naive in thinking this will be effective, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Now with Berenson gone can Nate go next plz