Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I did today's daily on mobile and it was Defect with Cursed Run and Hoarders, and my first combat rewarded me with Claw so

My big regret is not skipping the act 1 boss relic. (Other options were inserter and dome)

My second biggest regret is taking that Omamori.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

No comment.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ironclad died to the Awakened One tonight and the Silent clowned everything and even went into the Heart with 80 health and a Fairy in the Bottle and still lost. Unlocked A7 though.

That's it for now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

No comment.

This died on floor 22.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

MJeff posted:

No comment.

killed heart w/this one

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Man, I've been misplaying all along. I haven't turned on Charge Battery's beta art.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
the first event i got in act 2 was elegance vs simplicity and i literally removed dual cast because i had nothing else to pick, lol

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Nice. I love getting rid of starter cards on Defect. Strength/Wrath/Divinity can make Strikes better. Footwork can make Defends better. And... Defect doesn't have any of that stuff.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Uhh Reprogram?

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

That's true. There are a lot more times when it's a curse in your deck than the other stuff I mentioned, but a good reprogram deck can make Strikes and Defends very good.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

the reason i like that box so much is that it literally replaced three strikes with three extremely good attack attacks and four defends with three good blocks and a multi-cast which essentially replaced dual cast two rooms later

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Verviticus posted:

the reason i like that box so much is that it literally replaced three strikes with three extremely good attack attacks and four defends with three good blocks and a multi-cast which essentially replaced dual cast two rooms later

lol yeah and I got a bunch of really great poo poo that is also insanely expensive and doesn't block damage at all (except the Reinforced) so Byrds and Thieves just beat the crap out of me and Snake Plant finished me off. Rip.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

MJeff posted:

lol yeah and I got a bunch of really great poo poo that is also insanely expensive and doesn't block damage at all (except the Reinforced) so Byrds and Thieves just beat the crap out of me and Snake Plant finished me off. Rip.

I was gonna say:

That deck looks like a fantastic support line that doesn't actually support anything.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Who needs frost orbs when you have bottled meteor strike and bottled reinforced body with calipers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I was gonna say:

That deck looks like a fantastic support line that doesn't actually support anything.

Well, I had two Ball Lightnings, a Cold Snap, a Seek+, a Doom and Gloom+, a Compile Driver and an Electrodynamics, so there was stuff there.

Just nothing that prevented me from losing HP. And also, 3 energy.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Got everyone to ascension 5 finally. My win:loss ratio is abysmal.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
God drat I love a good Courier/Membership Card run.

Bought the 13 relics from Frozen Eye to Singing Bowl at a single shop, along with Footwork and Accuracy, after taking the 999 gold from mind bloom. Then I misplayed nearly every decision in act 4. I never looked at my deck with Frozen Eye, I forgot to remove the second Normality (didn't matter 'cause of my bottled Tools of the Trade), hosed up the buffer vs. the heart due to bad draws, did a bunch of other suboptimal card plays, missed at least 10 health from not using potions efficiently with Toy Ornithopter, etc. And then I still won pretty handily - I didn't even have to play the Wraith Form vs. act 4 elites or heart (although I did go down to 5hp 'cause I face-tanked the first big hit from the Heart).

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

DontMockMySmock posted:

God drat I love a good Courier/Membership Card run.

Bought the 13 relics from Frozen Eye to Singing Bowl at a single shop, along with Footwork and Accuracy, after taking the 999 gold from mind bloom. Then I misplayed nearly every decision in act 4. I never looked at my deck with Frozen Eye, I forgot to remove the second Normality (didn't matter 'cause of my bottled Tools of the Trade), hosed up the buffer vs. the heart due to bad draws, did a bunch of other suboptimal card plays, missed at least 10 health from not using potions efficiently with Toy Ornithopter, etc. And then I still won pretty handily - I didn't even have to play the Wraith Form vs. act 4 elites or heart (although I did go down to 5hp 'cause I face-tanked the first big hit from the Heart).

Holy poo poo those relics. If I had gotten those beginning relics I'd probably have had a bad feeling about the rest of the act but drat you sailed.

I'm with everyone else where I don't bother with frozen eye. It's too much time for the advantage and really changes the game.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Guys. Guys.

Ironclad! With Snecko so like. Easy mode. But still!!

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Snecko giveth.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I wonder if I can copy my Android files back to Steam to grab some achievements haha. It feels weirdly anti-climactic on the phone lol.

That said, I literally have not touched another game on my phone since the port came out.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Does anyone else feel like whetstone and war paint always upgrade your worst cards? It makes sense statistically with the number of strikes/defends in the average deck but I feel like even when I do sealed deck runs they usually pick cards I never bother to upgrade. Though I guess in that case I also usually have already upgraded the good ones. Hrrrmmmm.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Feels totally random to me. They have definitely upgraded my absolute best-to-upgrade cards too. But yeah it's a bummer when it's just the base attack/defend.

The one I haven't figured out is the random mask you can get, though amusingly the last time I got a negative effect, I had a relic that totally negated it. Is there potentially a later event that could undo a bad mask?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

teethgrinder posted:

The one I haven't figured out is the random mask you can get, though amusingly the last time I got a negative effect, I had a relic that totally negated it. Is there potentially a later event that could undo a bad mask?

N'Loth has a chance to take your mask but that's about it.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

teethgrinder posted:

If you get the one that weakens on turn 1, and you get Clockwork Souvenir, it will block the weak. But then your artifact is gone. :(

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

metachronos posted:

Does anyone else feel like whetstone and war paint always upgrade your worst cards? It makes sense statistically with the number of strikes/defends in the average deck but I feel like even when I do sealed deck runs they usually pick cards I never bother to upgrade. Though I guess in that case I also usually have already upgraded the good ones. Hrrrmmmm.

It's these combined with confirmation bias. You're always going to upgrade the stuff that most wants an upgrade, leaving you with things that don't need an upgrade as much, and even if you only have three Strikes that's still three times as many cards as any individual other option (of which you've already upgraded the top one(s)!).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Plus I think you get those two artifacts pretty commonly in act 1 when the amount of basics in your deck is going to overwhelm anything else.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Completely bonkers run. All of my lightning orbs were generated through powers and I killed the Heart with a 261 strength Thunderstrike+. Definitely the easiest run I've had so far.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Is there a reason I’m fighting the same elite twice on 3 elite paths? Think it’s happened multiple times. Only have QoL mods.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Kiranamos posted:

Is there a reason I’m fighting the same elite twice on 3 elite paths? Think it’s happened multiple times. Only have QoL mods.

While you will not face the same elite twice in a row, you can face the same elite twice if you fight 3+ elites. Like, you could fight Sentries, then Nob, then Sentries again. So this will happen regularly.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Also the Dead Adventurer event does not take into account what elite you may have just fought.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

do elites take into account what you fought in the DA event

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Verviticus posted:

I don't think so.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

just beat A17 with the SIlent but forgot to grab the key with the last campfire. I probably wouldnt have been able to beat the Heart but dang :(

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Verviticus posted:

No. You can fight Nob and encounter it immediately in the DA event before fighting any other elite. It's completely possible to fight 3 elites and the dead adventurer and only encounter 2 elites in all 4 battles.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Looking into it a bit there are 5 masks you can get, 1 does nothing functional (CAWCAW), two are bad and two are good. I've been opting out of that event because before now I felt it was more negative than positive but maybe the proper play is to take a mask? I'm thinking +1 HP per fight or +50 gold per ? are probably stronger positives than 1 starting weak or -1 chest relic (assuming you can still take the key?) are negatives.

Like, there are lots of relics that make your turn 1 stronger and the times you get +50 gold per ? probably provides more relics overall than the number of relics lost.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
You can't take the key - the chest is empty. I don't know if it still gives you a curse if you have the cursed key boss relic though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ThermosAquaticus posted:

You can't take the key - the chest is empty. I don't know if it still gives you a curse if you have the cursed key boss relic though.

It does. As might be expected from a key, you get cursed for opening the chest, not for taking the relic.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I always take the mask because Mask of the Cleric in Act 1 means never having to heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Getting the face of cleric in act 1 is awesome, but I hate being weakened on turn 1 so much that I usually pass on swapping. It's not just a big liability - it's really frustrating and makes the runs a lot less fun for me.